Forum Knife Updates and comments

Guys & Gals,

Blades are almost finished up at CNC. like Steve stated the long pull has been destroying tools left and right. even with CPM-154 in the fully Annealed state its still hard to cut. That being said, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the remaining processes so your anticipation can be ramped up even more. :p After CNC they blades will be stamped with the Blade Forums stamp (pictures will be provided). After stamp we move to final double disc to get us our final blade thickness. After double disc we move to flat grind and chamfer. Once that is achieved we go through heat treat, then on to assembly. I know what a lot of you will be thinking after you see that list. they must have another 7 weeks left! Really the blades should be done by weeks end, then on to assembly. All the sub assemblies are built and awaiting blades, so assembly should be fairly quick (not too quick though, because they all have to be perfect :cool:).

Special Projects Project Manager

Caleb

Thank you for the update.

Never understood gifting a forum knife to non forum members.

The person who receives it will only have a appreciation if they are a forum member. Otherwise it's just a nice knife to them.

Yeah, but it's a really cool, unique knife!

The person who receives it will only have a appreciation if they are a forum member. Otherwise it's just a nice knife to them.
I am gifting one of mine to my father in law who is not a forum member. I don't know a man on the planet who would or will appreciate this knife more than him. Especially this knife.

By all means, keep yours then.

Wait till these start popping up on the exchange and I can guarantee you that my family members will be using and appreciating them a lot more than the forum members listing them for sale.

I’m loving these comments by “members” who barely participate here and aren’t supporting the forum by paying for a membership lol.

Last edited:
By all means, keep yours then.

Wait till these start popping up on the exchange and I can guarantee you that my family members will be using and appreciating them a lot more than the forum members listing them for sale.

I’m loving these comments by “members” who barely participate here and aren’t supporting the forum by paying for a membership lol.
Very good point. I know this is non of my bees wax but holy smokes all you did was buy 2 knives from BladeForums members (perfectly fair and within the rules) so you could give them away as gifts. The only issue I have with this is I don't have any friends as generous as you.:D :thumbsup:

Guys & Gals,

Blades are almost finished up at CNC. like Steve stated the long pull has been destroying tools left and right. even with CPM-154 in the fully Annealed state its still hard to cut. That being said, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the remaining processes so your anticipation can be ramped up even more. :p After CNC they blades will be stamped with the Blade Forums stamp (pictures will be provided). After stamp we move to final double disc to get us our final blade thickness. After double disc we move to flat grind and chamfer. Once that is achieved we go through heat treat, then on to assembly. I know what a lot of you will be thinking after you see that list. they must have another 7 weeks left! Really the blades should be done by weeks end, then on to assembly. All the sub assemblies are built and awaiting blades, so assembly should be fairly quick (not too quick though, because they all have to be perfect :cool:).

Special Projects Project Manager

Caleb
Thanks Caleb for the update :thumbsup: take all the time you need cause perfect is what we all want :D

What is the "Double Disc" and what does it do??? Surface grinder? All i can think now is the fun frisbee game 'Double Disc Court'. #FrisbeeNerd

What is the "Double Disc" and what does it do??? Surface grinder? All i can think now is the fun frisbee game 'Double Disc Court'. #FrisbeeNerd

Double Disc grinders can grind both sides of a material at the same time. It is 2x faster since it is doing both sides at once, and keeping the 2 sides parallel & flat.

For the price, getting a 301 in a custom configuration? Heck I might give BOTH of mine away. Anyone with people in their lives who carry traditional knives but aren't "knife people" would be really happy with this gift upgrade.

skblades skblades Are both blades being stamped? One with the BF marking and the other with the steel maybe? (I don’t remember reading this anywhere, just curious what Buck plans to do. If I did miss it, whoops!)

Thanks for the pics!

skblades skblades Are both blades being stamped? One with the BF marking and the other with the steel maybe? (I don’t remember reading this anywhere, just curious what Buck plans to do. If I did miss it, whoops!)

Thanks for the pics!
I'm actually not too certain, but the foggy reaches of my memory says that one blade will be "Buck" stamped and the other "Forum" stamped.

Back