1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Knife Updates and comments

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by eisman, Jul 15, 2018.

1. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Where did you see this? Thanks.

2. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Maybe it's been asked before and I missed it... But has Buck ever produced a two bladed 301 before this? I asked on the tour and they didn't know for sure, but didn't think so.

3. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I think I recall someone saying that there has never been a two bladed 301 but I'm not sure either. The 302 Solitaire was on the same frame as the 301 but it's a single blade.

Fixall likes this.
  4. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Very well said.

Fodderwing and meako like this.
  5. meako

meako Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I was under the Impression they were done, packed and on their way!
    Anyone got a light?....my reed torch has gone out...

btb01, sitflyer and Prester John like this.
  6. meako

meako Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Wait! There will be no harrying tonight!...
    my lederhosen are still at the drycleaners.

r8shell and Prester John like this.
  7. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I'm not sure if it counts, but there was a two blader offered a few years ago in one of their Xmas gift tins. Made in China, and marked as a 372 Muskrat,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Close, but I wouldn't count it: it's not a 301, and I believe it's a little shorter. ;)

r8shell likes this.
  9. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Well, it's a lot easier for folks like me who placed their order and then took a break from the forum, whenever it is finished it will just show up one day out of the blue. How a y'all been doin' roundabout these parts?

10. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Until the results of the poll are tabulated, I'm not quite sure.

sunnyd, meako, 1066vik and 4 others like this.
  11. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Not as a standard pattern for sure.
    Don't think they had any special runs, either.
    But, @300Bucks would be the one to ask.

sunnyd and Fixall like this.
  12. JSutter

JSutter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2013
    So! What smaller folder am I going to pair this up with? Hmmm.... My watch pocket has room for two and I don’t have another BUCK with elk..... ;)

Vaporstang likes this.
  13. Fixall

Mar 26, 2018
    Why the heck didn't I order two. What was I thinking...

14. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I also ordered only one without the slip. Figured if I am going to carry it, it will just go into the pocket like any other slippie. But now I also have thoughts about the "only one choice" that I made. It's okay really. Not going to sell or give away mine, at least no plans along that line. I'll probably still have it when I die. Somebody will say..... an old Buck knife.... big deal right?

As before, I tend to check this thread weekly and wonder what the status is on the build. Doesn't really matter, just curious.

Fixall likes this.
  15. Fixall

Mar 26, 2018
    I used the exact same reasoning when I ordered a single knife with no slip, lol. Mine will DEFINITELY be carried... Which is probably why I should have ordered two. I imagine I'll be pretty devastated if I lose or damage the one I ordered.

16. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I would like to say that I WILL carry mine. But I'll wait until I get it. Most of my GEC's have not been carried at all because I am in such a rut when it comes to my regular EDC's. There's the 111mm SAK and then there is the other knife..... it could be the "other knife" or it could replace the SAK. I use either the flat head or philips head just about weekly for something..... the last was replacing some batteries in a little light that had screws to open it up.

skblades likes this.
  17. sunnyd

sunnyd Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 17, 2004
    I'll be pleased if I get this sweet little Buck by Christmas and of coarse she'll be going directly into my right front pocket to be used. I'm looking forward with excited anticipation to putting her through my edc paces.

marcus52AR, rye_a and Jolipapa like this.
  18. rye_a

rye_a Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2007
    I have two on the way. One will go into my EDC rotation, and the other will be added to the knives I've set aside to be gifted to my son, daughter, or one of my friends. I really enjoy sharing the joy of quality traditional knives.

19. skblades

skblades Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 1, 2015
    Another little pretty thing!

82cd8104-06bc-4897-a71b-394a16b05245.jpg

20. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Me, too. For some reason the two knives I give away are Spyderco Delicas... And traditional slipjoints.