French regional knives...

I think it must be pleasant to hold. :thumbsup:

To protest against the ivory ban, A renowned cutler made an Issoire with a ... handle. Would you discover what?
thiers-couteau-issoire-robert-beillonnet-cote-en-bouse-de-va_3938482.jpeg

Looks aromatic :D

What was his "source" for this rare(ly used) handle material?

waynorth waynorth Ouais, les monstres :D And nice of you to say so Charlie, thank you.:) These Chambriard le compact in Stag or Ebony as shown come in other scales too, exotic woods especially and each has a year date on the end of the spring, Stag is 2011 Ebony 2013.

The picture is a genuine colour photo-not tinted or retouched-from over a century ago. French grocery shop still functioning amid the ruins of the French city of Reims in 1917 during WW I .

waynorth waynorth Ouais, les monstres :D And nice of you to say so Charlie, thank you.:) These Chambriard le compact in Stag or Ebony as shown come in other scales too, exotic woods especially and each has a year date on the end of the spring, Stag is 2011 Ebony 2013.

The picture is a genuine colour photo-not tinted or retouched-from over a century ago. French grocery shop still functioning amid the ruins of the French city of Reims in 1917 during WW I .
Well-preserved photo!!:eek::)

Need a bit of help. After seeing all these French knives i decided to take a chance. This knife I bought off the bay from France and have been waiting for it to show up so one of you could tell me what I have. If there is a way to date it would be good. I figured it was good that the cork screw was still on it. I will be waiting for any info you have, Jolipapa.

UF8jngL.jpg

yvyuE6g.jpg

Thanks J-M, and JP!! I've never seen a cheese Laguiole before!! Interesting.
Stefan Schmalhaus made a comment in one of his videos that "440" without a letter was usually "440A", while 440C (somewhat harder) had its letter! He has corrected several of his errors over time, in his French knife reviews.

Back