Friend of mine found old Knifetest.com video/ THIS is the Joe X DESTRUCTION VIDEO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I see wonky bevels on Beckers all the time and the grinds found on BRKTs should never leave the shop - just to name a couple (and don't get me started on folders). I don't buy Esee so I have no experience there - are their blades still made by Rowen?

I guess my point is this: I still don't understand why we are comparing these kinds of knives to Busse.

What was their response? I'm curious what their verbiage was.
I have had 1 wonky bevel on a becker- it wasn't wonky actually but asymmetrical.

I have had some serious silliness with OKC but that's a whole different animal 🤣

Esee is currently manufactures by Rowan, Imasica or w/e, and WRK&T.

BRK&T is a whole nother animal as well.

The reason we are discussing the two is the context of the thread.

Oh, and Varustaleka didn't originally answer my emails then in videos and posts said they would look into their manufacturing 🤷‍♂️

I have had 1 wonky bevel on a becker- it wasn't wonky actually but asymmetrical.

I have had some serious silliness with OKC but that's a whole different animal 🤣

Esee is currently manufactures by Rowan, Imasica or w/e, and WRK&T.

BRK&T is a whole nother animal as well.

The reason we are discussing the two is the context of the thread.

Oh, and Varustaleka didn't originally answer my emails then in videos and posts said they would look into their manufacturing 🤷‍♂️

I should make it clear that as a consumer, I do believe we should expect certain standards from the products we spend our money on. The standards that I have learned to expect, however, might differ from someone else's expectations. It's all based on experience, exposure, and a certain degree of pragmatism.

If someone receives an egregious example from the factory, then the peace of mind that comes with a solid warranty is something that is greatly appreciated. If nothing else, this Joe guy demonstrated to the world that Busse lives up to their famous warranty. That, more than anything, gives me a lot of confidence in supporting the brand.

I should make it clear that as a consumer, I do believe we should expect certain standards from the products we spend our money on. The standards that I have learned to expect, however, might differ from someone else's expectations. It's all based on experience, exposure, and a certain degree of pragmatism.

If someone receives an egregious example from the factory, then the peace of mind that comes with a solid warranty is something that is greatly appreciated. If nothing else, this Joe guy demonstrated to the world that Busse lives up to their famous warranty. That, more than anything, gives me a lot of confidence in supporting the brand.
I agree

I'd love to see a controlled testing of different blades with different materials, grinds & BTE in a measured hydraulic press, cutting through different materials until the blade/edge fails. it could be repeated with any submission and with some form of measured consistency.
It would be a big test and that would be a lot of variables but I guarantee I would watch it.

By the way, I watched all the Noss tests and counted the number of blows on each of the knives. INFI at its best! I’m surprised that sr chipped so quickly, although it retained its plasticity. I wonder if this is abnormal? or this is how sr77 steel behaves. then INFI is really stronger than s7, someone here already wrote about this before. Next year I need to buy two more Busse, I have already chosen boring models. but I think Badger Attack ergo 2 is the best for me, so I’ll buy a second knife like this.

By the way, I watched all the Noss tests and counted the number of blows on each of the knives. INFI at its best! I’m surprised that sr chipped so quickly, although it retained its plasticity. I wonder if this is abnormal? or this is how sr77 steel behaves. then INFI is really stronger than s7, someone here already wrote about this before. Next year I need to buy two more Busse, I have already chosen boring models. but I think Badger Attack ergo 2 is the best for me, so I’ll buy a second knife like this.
I really love the feel of the Satin Jack Tac 7
If you dont have one, I'd highly recommend checking one out. They're available on the Busse Combat website 😎
20230913_171657.jpg

I really love the feel of the Satin Jack Tac 7
If you dont have one, I'd highly recommend checking one out. They're available on the Busse Combat website 😎
View attachment 2439525
The badger attack is the perfect size and weight for me, I could wear it every day. I bought whiskey warden for SF and the city. I also want the second knife attack of the badger and the boss of the streets (0.22). When I have more of these Busse, I will definitely buy more later!!!
I looked Jack tac! cool, but too big for me. big for practical wearing on the body because I'm small. but overall the knife is excellent.

The badger attack is the perfect size and weight for me, I could wear it every day. I bought whiskey warden for SF and the city. I also want the second knife attack of the badger and the boss of the streets (0.22). When I have more of these Busse, I will definitely buy more later!!!
I looked Jack tac! cool, but too big for me. big for practical wearing on the body because I'm small. but overall the knife is excellent.
Totally understand Vlad. Just know you like the Tac Handle as I do.

I'm thinking about polishing the Badger Attack. because after rounding the spine there is no coating, I think it will be more beautiful with polishing. and I can check it in detail with a microscope. I think it will take me several hours to work with sandpaper.

I'm thinking about polishing the Badger Attack. because after rounding the spine there is no coating, I think it will be more beautiful with polishing. and I can check it in detail with a microscope. I think it will take me several hours to work with sandpaper.

If it's a coated blade, after stripping the rough coating, it could take as long as 10 hours. I have stopped at 1000 grit. Looks between satin and polished. I think full polish is a much higher grit.

These three knives broke me of trying to put a polish/high satin finish on a Busse by hand. After this, I bought a harbor freight sand blast cabinet and blasted everything from then on.
7Xsaxer.jpg

Last edited:
Feel free to send your beaten and scarred one into my attention and we'll make it pretty once again! 😁

No charge!!👍

Let's drink! :cool:

Jerry😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back