• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

G11 for sale, price "free"

I have around 500 lbs of James Todd G11, only problem is I need space its taking up, anyone who will come get it can have it:thumbup:

I'll take some if you're willing to ship it to me.....500 pounds might be a bit much for me though.

Ive never heard of it please explain the type of steel it is. ??

G11 is a phenolic resin reinforced with fiberglass fabric. It is a very tough handle material. This is the original thread when JatMat started giving it away. Here is a data sheet on the material.

Good for you Charlie, I appreciate you getting it out there instead of collecting dust. To give it away, I found that if you will pack the pieces that will fit into a large flat rate box, folks will pay you for the postage and packing. I called it "Pot Luck" I found it took me about an hour to sort, pack and get the box to the pickup spot, I think I charged 20 bucks, 13.50 for postage, 6.50 for my time and tape. You might think of doing same. Or a little more.:)
Jim
BTW: Conus Only, overseas is a whole other box of worms.

BTW2: Your links are not working for me, here is the give away.

Last edited:
i will also pay for some to be shipped!! thanks marekz- Do you want everyone who will pay for shipping to give you how many pounds they want. ofcourse some extra for your time. thanks-marekz

Im gonna get the prices of different size boxes tonight and I will post them, Thanks Charlie

I've been holding out on the light green G11 as I'm not sold on the color (yet). What color(s) is James Todd G11? What thickness(es)?

Thanks for considering doing this!

Tait

I've been holding out on the light green G11 as I'm not sold on the color (yet). What color(s) is James Todd G11? What thickness(es)?

Thanks for considering doing this!

Tait

Here is a link to a single post that contains 10 images of different knives, the color difference can be attributed to a difference in thickness of scale materials and the white balance controlled by the photographer. The thinner the scales the more translucent it becomes.

I hope this helps,
Jim

Thanks. I have looked at that post many times; I take your reply as confirmation that it's going to be the same light green color.

Tait

Back