Gear Thread

Those look $$$. I bought a new flashlight for $90 on sale and my wife was like "you spent how much on a flashlight? Why?? What does it do that your other ones don't?"

My response was "um, because it's blue..."
Good guess, together they'd fetch about $1k...but they're pretty much the only high end lights I still have. Used to have some sweet Titanium... 3 Ti Ra Clickies, a Gatlight, Spy007, those were the days, lol. Still have a couple BADASS lasers though;)

Ah I always wanted a spy007.
Here's the one that got away...I did some sweet pearl inlays on it too:(
dfc29cab.jpg

39367efc.jpg

24f1423d.jpg

My wife got me one of these for Christmas a couple years ago because she knew I missed my Spy007...variable brightness on the knob like a Gatlight instead of discrete programmable clicks, but she only spent a $100;)

Screenshot_20200409-202951_Gallery~2.jpg

Man, I love my Danners for work, water resistance comfortable and great for “stomping” out crime...., I find they run a little small and narrow though. One day I hope to get a new pair as I can only swing used ones off eBay. That whopping $1200 after taxes really limits new purchases. I n picked up a set of Danner Ft Lewis last year for less than $100. And these things are rock stars. Those RATs are the next in my sights for non work outings!

Last edited:
Can you tell me where to get more?
Shoot man, that was like 15 years ago...if I think of it I'll drop you a PM:)
Picsoritdidnthappen
LaserGlow Aries (250mw 532nm), LaserGlow Orion (500mw 650nm), and a little something I cobbled together back in the day from a Casio laser diode, a custom diode housing I machined and an HDS B42XR for the housing/driver:cool: 1.4 watts of 405nm awesome with variable brightness!

Screenshot_20200410-095814_Photos~2.jpg Screenshot_20200410-095743_Photos~2.jpg

Shoot man, that was like 15 years ago...if I think of it I'll drop you a PM:)

LaserGlow Aries (250mw 532nm), LaserGlow Orion (500mw 650nm), and a little something I cobbled together back in the day from a Casio laser diode, a custom diode housing I machined and an HDS B42XR for the housing/driver:cool: 1.4 watts of 405nm awesome with variable brightness!

View attachment 1319224 View attachment 1319225

You'll shoot your eye out!

Didn't go through the entire thread but is anyone else into Whites boots? They're built like tanks and you can get them built fully customized. I'll take photos of mine later.

Didn't go through the entire thread but is anyone else into Whites boots? They're built like tanks and you can get them built fully customized. I'll take photos of mine later.

Been 1000% satisfied with a pair of Wesco boots I received about a month ago. I would have gone with Whites, but did not want a full stack logger heel. If it weren't for that I would have gone with them. But the full custom measurement process at Wesco was dead easy and I could spec out every feature of the boot.

Back