GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Here's a cougar clawed 35 that I ruined with a dremel and a bad dye job :rolleyes:

I need to speak with one of our resident modders soon as l enjoy this blade combo and want to get this one back in my pocket again.View attachment 1181098

View attachment 1181097 .

Er, that red is yes, unfortunate :eek: What were you thinking??:D:D

I'd source some nice wood or consider Micarta, could look smart with that:thumbsup: Then there's Stag...:cool:
Why not have a word with J jsdistin ? I'm really pleased with the work he recently did for me :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words Will, I certainly appreciate it. It can certainly be recovered easily enough, but I’m with others in thinking it looks pretty good, the color is good, and at first glance it didn’t look like anything had been done to the jigging. On the other hand I know that gnawing feeling of what you perceive as a mistake whether anyone else would ever notice it or not.

Thank you for the kind words Will, I certainly appreciate it. It can certainly be recovered easily enough, but I’m with others in thinking it looks pretty good, the color is good, and at first glance it didn’t look like anything had been done to the jigging. On the other hand I know that gnawing feeling of what you perceive as a mistake whether anyone else would ever notice it or not.
Exactly, and its that's gnawing feeling that keeps me from carrying this one. Its perfectly functional and would serve its purpose just fine, but I can't help but to focus on those perceived mistakes. I'm glad to have your input, as I'll likely be in contact with you if I decide to have it recovered, if your willing.

This knife is such a good user, with natural materials the covers will change and mature over time. I personally like that.
New
HHEzV2s.jpg

Now with the Sarge in process
XjvwB5z.jpg

Here's a cougar clawed 35 that I ruined with a dremel and a bad dye job :rolleyes:

I need to speak with one of our resident modders soon as l enjoy this blade combo and want to get this one back in my pocket again.View attachment 1181098

View attachment 1181097 .
Honestly, I'd carry that one with pride in a heart beat. No one is more critical of me than me so I know where your coming from, but I think it looks pretty darn good:thumbsup:

A TALE OF TWO KNIVES

K0N9GV8.jpg

I've been lamenting the loss of my Cougar Claw here, many have sent Power and well wishes :) traumkommode traumkommode went one stage further last week! Andrew unexpectedly and very kindly sent me his superb customised Churchill, itself a knife with a tale to tell having fallen from his truck:eek: It has these really smart Rat-Tails done by himself. Imagine my amazement to find he sent me his knife as a consolation for the loss of mine! Remember too, it had to cross not just the USA but the Atlantic and bits of the EU to get here! A traveller indeed.

Well I was so struck by this that I redoubled my efforts to round up the missing Cougar. I started groping down the sides of an old sofa, tight fit and a lot of questionable things there...old food:eek::D Surprised there weren't rodents:D Then I feel something stuck and my knuckles nearly skinned...there it was! Out comes the Cougar a bit tarnished but fine! Not only this but a long lost Rough Rider Mini Copperhead as well!! Now this all happened the day the Ebony Churchill arrived and I don't mind admitting to being superstitious because I am but what a sign and a find:thumbsup:

The Ebony is going back to Andrew next week with sincere thanks, what a turn up. I also lowered the Sheepfoot on the Cougar and very pleased with the results. This is a fine pattern well suited to all size hands as it's broad but not bulky, two great blades and no hint of rub yet excellent W&T on both examples.

A Tale of Two Knives, It was the worst of times, it was the best of knives & friendship:cool:

Many thanks to all, Will

Oh, yayyyy! It worked! I'm so glad you found yours, Will! I'm also glad to see that the sheepsfoot rubbed off on you... Pays great dividends in the handling on that frame

View attachment 1258494

Been putting this one off long enough (~2 years). Could never quite get this one out of my head. Finally got one just as I wanted and into the pocket it went. Let's see how this goes....

I think you'll be happy. It is scientifically one of the best patterns ever to come out of GEC's factory.

View attachment 1258693 One of Mikes culled stags, some others have pointed it out but I think this one of gecs underrated products.View attachment 1258688

Culled or not, it's seriously cool. How long has that patina been cooking?

It's a remarkable pattern, broad handles allow for in hand comfort, yet it's far from a deadweight in the pocket.

I'd like to see some other variants on it in the future like Spear/Small Clip or Spear/Small Hawkbill Pruner would be supreme.

Here's mine again, I like Cougar

zj6jhlP.jpg

I think you'll be happy. It is scientifically one of the best patterns ever to come out of GEC's factory.

Culled or not, it's seriously cool. How long has that patina been cooking?
Not too long after I got it, I took it on the boat with me and used it as cutlery, after getting steak sauce and partially darkening the main blade I just decided to do the whole thing. The crew was looking at me strange (what’s new) for sticking it in meat that was being cooked. Who knows I may polish it back up, its about having fun. Thanks for asking Ode

New pics of my Stag; An Equal-End pattern is one of the oldest patterns in Folding Cutlery!!
Handled in that big-channel Stag, and on a single Spring, it's the perfect combination of primitive and efficient design to be Beautiful in my eye!!:cool:
View attachment 1259094 View attachment 1259095

Charlie, that stag looks like it came off an old mount that hung over a fireplace for many years, becoming stained by the smoke. Absolutely stunning:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The #35 Churchill is one of my favorite patterns. In honor of the namesake for this delightful pattern here is a couple of mine! :) First up is one of Mike’s cull Sambar Stags. It’s my most carried #35. Second up is my rarest #35. It’s a 2018 Rendezvous Special in Emerald Green. One of twelve! :D

44797901312_593951403b_o_d.jpg

29092369687_b775710da5_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Back