1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Aug 17, 2017.

1. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Thank you for the kind words Will, I certainly appreciate it. It can certainly be recovered easily enough, but I’m with others in thinking it looks pretty good, the color is good, and at first glance it didn’t look like anything had been done to the jigging. On the other hand I know that gnawing feeling of what you perceive as a mistake whether anyone else would ever notice it or not.

Will Power and solphilos like this.
  2. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Exactly, and its that's gnawing feeling that keeps me from carrying this one. Its perfectly functional and would serve its purpose just fine, but I can't help but to focus on those perceived mistakes. I'm glad to have your input, as I'll likely be in contact with you if I decide to have it recovered, if your willing.

3. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    This knife is such a good user, with natural materials the covers will change and mature over time. I personally like that.
    New
    [​IMG]
    Now with the Sarge in process
    [​IMG]

zolthar, Jathes, Ironbut and 11 others like this.
  4. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Honestly, I'd carry that one with pride in a heart beat. No one is more critical of me than me so I know where your coming from, but I think it looks pretty darn good:thumbsup:

Gevonovich, JohnDF and solphilos like this.
  5. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks friend, maybe I'll drop this one in my pocket tomorrow morning :thumbsup:
    I do like the red after all

Gevonovich and knowtracks like this.
  6. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Oh, yayyyy! It worked! I'm so glad you found yours, Will! I'm also glad to see that the sheepsfoot rubbed off on you... Pays great dividends in the handling on that frame

Will Power likes this.
  7. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Some better pics of my newest 35 :thumbsup:

20190802_122446-1080x1080.jpg
    20190802_122548-1080x1080.jpg