GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Couple of months, was hoping it was in various winter coat pockets but no....deserted:eek:

Will, I usually find mine in or under seats: couch, recliner, car seats. I did have one go through the wash once, but it came through fine.

Ah yes, car seats. Look deep underneath the car seats, all the way to the rear and up against the center console. My heart dropped when I lost my wharny geppetto whittler. That's were she was.

A TALE OF TWO KNIVES

K0N9GV8.jpg

I've been lamenting the loss of my Cougar Claw here, many have sent Power and well wishes :) @traumkommode went one stage further last week! Andrew unexpectedly and very kindly sent me his superb customised Churchill, itself a knife with a tale to tell having fallen from his truck:eek: It has these really smart Rat-Tails done by himself. Imagine my amazement to find he sent me his knife as a consolation for the loss of mine! Remember too, it had to cross not just the USA but the Atlantic and bits of the EU to get here! A traveller indeed.

Well I was so struck by this that I redoubled my efforts to round up the missing Cougar. I started groping down the sides of an old sofa, tight fit and a lot of questionable things there...old food:eek::D Surprised there weren't rodents:D Then I feel something stuck and my knuckles nearly skinned...there it was! Out comes the Cougar a bit tarnished but fine! Not only this but a long lost Rough Rider Mini Copperhead as well!! Now this all happened the day the Ebony Churchill arrived and I don't mind admitting to being superstitious because I am but what a sign and a find:thumbsup:

The Ebony is going back to Andrew next week with sincere thanks, what a turn up. I also lowered the Sheepfoot on the Cougar and very pleased with the results. This is a fine pattern well suited to all size hands as it's broad but not bulky, two great blades and no hint of rub yet excellent W&T on both examples.

A Tale of Two Knives, It was the worst of times, it was the best of knives & friendship:cool:

Many thanks to all, Will

Er, that red is yes, unfortunate :eek: What were you thinking??:D:D

I'd source some nice wood or consider Micarta, could look smart with that:thumbsup: Then there's Stag...:cool:
Why not have a word with @jsdistin ? I'm really pleased with the work he recently did for me :thumbsup:

Er, that red is yes, unfortunate :eek: What were you thinking??:D:D

I'd source some nice wood or consider Micarta, could look smart with that:thumbsup: Then there's Stag...:cool:
Why not have a word with @jsdistin ? I'm really pleased with the work he recently did for me :thumbsup:
I've been asking myself that same question:confused:
The mark side had very little character, only a single shallow groove running through the center of the bone so I thought I could add more with my dremel .....I was overconfident in my abilities :rolleyes:

Not sure what you did with the dremel there, but I actually like the colour more than cougar claw.
I do like the red, the dye took really well and looks better in person than in the pics, but I mangled the mark side covers with a bad attempt at jigging. Ah well, live and learn :p

Back