GEC 38 English Whittler 2021

6DE1320A-BB35-4AB9-895B-5245574D59D3.jpeg
What a great pair! 🤠 :thumbsup:

Great-looking knives! Does the older clip blade version have Nickel-silver cover pins instead of brass?
Yes the older clip one was an all steel version and the pins are nickel silver. This version and I think the American whittler one are all steel all the others from that year have the brass liners I think.

Nice group from that image you can see where the nail nicks are in relationship to the center pin, and the Bloodwood shows that it would have a better mechanical advantage when pulling the blade out
G2

Nice group from that image you can see where the nail nicks are in relationship to the center pin, and the Bloodwood shows that it would have a better mechanical advantage when pulling the blade out
G2
I'm not sure I follow you here. Would you mind explaining what you mean in terms of the mechanical advantage? To me, it looks like the nail nicks are located in the same place on each of the knives, with the beaver being one where the nick is slightly off center. Seems to me like that may have been a user error whoever was doing the nick though.

The Bloodwood nail nick is centered more with the pin so when you go to open the blade the nail nick is further from the pivot which lessens the pull needed to open

the others have the nail nick closer to the pivot which can make it a harder pull to open

G2

Probably would be easier to see if the knives were lined up in a row. I had one a long time ago that had the nail nick closer to the pivot and was a pain to try and open, the further from the pivot you have that mechanical advantage to lift the blade out, doesn't take much and it helps, but some of those with the large swedge I think they found they needed to put the nail nick where they did.

G2

Back