GEC #56 Dogleg Jack Spear

Amazing pictures! Wouldn't be surprised if one of the online dealers offered you a job! :thumbsup::D:cool:

I'm afraid my photography skills leave a lot to be desired, though I try to do my best with what I have, which is simply a phone. I do appreciate the compliments though. I'm still learning how to utilize lighting, implement staging, etc. One of these days I might invest in a decent camera and maybe take a class or two.

The mustard jigged bone is classic and in my opinion will age wonderfully. The knife already looks like its from the past already. Marvelous and at 3.5" ...even better. Great write up and photos Dylan !!

Thank you so much, Gev. I really am liking this knife so far. The two blade version has a lot of knife in a reasonable package and I am looking forward to seeing how its aesthetics evolve with use.

RhQ8qb0.jpg

Well another #56 happy camper sporting natural Micarta . I’ll make this short but sweet lol . Feels great in hand , both blades dead centered . Love this natural Micarta and the fit and finish is very impressive to my standards anyway .
Gec keeps impressing and wowing me more and more on every new pattern I get :thumbsup: This one has a very nice pull on the main I’d say about a 5 or 6 and the secondary 6 or 7 . I’m more of a single blade kind of guy but this one has changed my thoughts a lot .
I’m really liking this 2 Blade dogleg Jack!
9TlIt00.jpg

xQP8BUt.jpg

pjPakM5.jpg

I'll probably get a single blade in micarta once they're available.

Anyone else think they shoulda used a hotdog shield with the mustard bone:p? Lol.
I ordered a single blade mustard yesterday. I dont have any bomb shields and I really like any autumn colored bone, yellow, brown, orange, or red colors.
These pics from everyone pushed me to order, excited!:D

Woohoo! Looks like the stags are arriving, and I’m getting a 2 blade at the very least. Pics to follow next week when it’s here :)

Those jigged bone knives look great. Another great run with a lot of choices.

Anyone else think they shoulda used a hotdog shield with the mustard bone:p? Lol.

Ha! No... I'm rather bored with the hotdog shield at the moment and one of the key selling points for me with this mustard bone was that they put the bomb shield on it. That really made the knife sing, in my opinion. I really think it would be nice if GEC would implement more shield variety in their standard runs of the Tidioute line.

I received my single blade #56 today and the fit and finish are basically flawless, really nicely done. Not sure I'm going to hold onto the knife, though, it just doesn't quite have the tension in the backspring that I prefer (I like a heavy pull and a really good snap). Feels great in the hand, real nice grip on the micarta, great blade, if it were more of a snapper it'd be close to perfect. It's a smooth ~5, I'd love the knife if it were more like a ~7

Last edited:
I'll probably get a single blade in micarta once they're available.

Well, so much for that idea. KSF had 6 in stock, I look elsewhere for 15 minutes, find none, and then all 6 as KSF are GONE! How the heck did this one sell out so fast?

Well, so much for that idea. KSF had 6 in stock, I look elsewhere for 15 minutes, find none, and then all 6 as KSF are GONE! How the heck did this one sell out so fast?

My understanding is that this run of 56s was done with limited numbers. Dealers weren't aware of how many they would be getting.

Considering the popularity of micarta as of late, I guess it isn't entirely surprising that it would be one of the first to sell out, especially the single blade variants.

Someone probably bought all six, if there are none available anywhere else.

Nice knife, James! :thumbsup:How do you like it? Hows the pull?
Mine hasn't shipped yet..grrrr:)
Thanks Mark, I'm very happy with this one! It's more yellow (which I like) than I was able to show so it's actually much nicer than my pic. The pull is fairly light (which also suits me) 4-5. Excellent fit with only one minor issue with finish. The liners have been left very sharp along the blade well. Looks like someone missed breaking the edge. An easy fix with a little hand sanding but mentioned hoping GEC is aware.
Overall an extremely satisfying pocket knife.

Edit to remove an observation since proven inaccurate

Last edited:
I'm afraid my photography skills leave a lot to be desired, though I try to do my best with what I have, which is simply a phone. I do appreciate the compliments though. I'm still learning how to utilize lighting, implement staging, etc. One of these days I might invest in a decent camera and maybe take a class or two.

You are far too modest...your pics are always a treat and the knives wonderfully staged! :)

Back