GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

I'm a big fan of the 77 Barlow, the dimensions are just right whether it's a single or 2 blade EDC. I have my share of 77's 1 and 2 blades but this is my first chance at getting one direct from Mike and not paying a premium. GEC pictures are looking great, I'll be very happy with either handle but I'm hoping to get a sweet looking Amber Sawcut Bone, not to light more on the darker side. I can dream :)

Do they traditionally post all the final images before the email goes out? Seeing that Micarta changed my mind, wondering if the remaining will surprise me as well.

Is there one page where you can find all of them? I don't see the black micarta. I promise I'm not internet incompetent, I'm just not seeing it. The other day someone posted the African Blackwood but I'm only seeing the micarta.
No black micarta on this run.
The cover photo changes from daily to every few days.
When/if they put a link in the just finish column they will have all the finished photos.

No black micarta on this run.
The cover photo changes from daily to every few days.
When/if they put a link in the just finish column they will have all the finished photos.

LOL, I swear I don't know how "Black Micarta" got in there, I meant African Blackwood.

Thanks for the help.

Here is todays
GEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg

It really is pinkish on the corners. Oh well, one down, makes things easier for me.

If it’s anything like the blood red jig 85 NF from last year- I’ll be passing on it as well.
That’s ok though, I have a red sawcut 77 in sheep so maybe I’ll do the chestnut or whatever color the other sawcut is

I think all the covers look great, and great blade with match striker, and the micarta might be best looking ever......

When the amber bone comes out you guys will all complain it looks like silly putty or something!

Or maybe you guys love the red and every body is sandbagging...... yeah, that red looks nasty don’t get one of those

I carry a 77 2015 1 blade red saw cut, it's almost the same as the 2019 but without the matchstriker, it's also a lighter color around the edges and it doesn't bother me at all. It breaks up the red and I have a few other red saw cuts in the safe and they are probably the same. You guys might want to reconsider if you have the chance at the red, it's a hot color.

I have noticed, GEC doesn't always put the best examples in the pictures imo. Often the majority are great examples, but the one in the picture is like..."meh".

Back