GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

That's a beauty !

What a great pair, Dan. :cool: :thumbsup:

TY
I just looked at the first pic and the light reflection on the head end makes it appears as if the liner or spring is proud.
I quickly pulled my 77 to closely examine it and is perfect :) :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blades perfectly centered too, action great.

YN0V6LN.jpg

Allow me to share my joy one more time :)
Here are my two GEC.
I am a little less excitable now than when I got my 93 :D LOL , ... more mature I think ... ha ha ( I blush sometimes when reading my first posts here on the porch when I got my 93) ....
BUT I STILL CAN'T HELP IT :) ( of course it's all your fault guys )
e4x1Dg6.jpg

Alright, the crimson darling has arrived.

Despite my misgivings regarding dye saturation in the beginning, I am quite pleased that I maintained my resolve in sticking with the Red Sawcut. It is one of my favorite cover materials and the example I received earlier today only serves to reaffirm that. It isn't quite as dark as my 2018 NF Barlow but it is rather similar to my NF #25 in its hue and appearance. I am just thrilled that the shoulders did not turn out pinkish.

A fine knife, one that I am very grateful to own. It has all the build characteristics that I have come to expect from GEC. The walk and talk is pleasing and the pull is fairly medium. Perfectly centered and good fitment overall. Another great knife from GEC and Mike.

N9HRhGt.jpg

3kwGw1l.jpg

CGL1wpB.jpg

Glamour shot!

Er4dvsN.jpg

With the gang (small as it is).

XEGstYn.jpg

With its Red Sawcut brethren.

OrThfcM.jpg

Despite my misgivings regarding dye saturation in the beginning, I am quite pleased that I maintained my resolve in sticking with the Red Sawcut. It is one of my favorite cover materials and the example I received earlier today only serves to reaffirm that. It isn't quite as dark as my 2018 NF Barlow but it is rather similar to my NF #25 in its hue and appearance. I am just thrilled that the shoulders did not turn out pinkish.

A fine knife, one that I am very grateful to own. It has all the build characteristics that I have come to expect from GEC. The walk and talk is pleasing and the pull is fairly medium. Perfectly centered and good fitment overall. Another great knife from GEC and Mike.

N9HRhGt.jpg

3kwGw1l.jpg

CGL1wpB.jpg

Glamour shot!

Er4dvsN.jpg

XEGstYn.jpg

OrThfcM.jpg
Great gang of red!

N9HRhGt.jpg

3kwGw1l.jpg

CGL1wpB.jpg

Glamour shot!

Er4dvsN.jpg

XEGstYn.jpg

OrThfcM.jpg

Ooh - very nice group! :thumbsup::cool:

They made these different that previous versions. At least all the ones I’ve seen. The back end back spring pin is no longer exposed.
View attachment 1199143

Yes - there were some GEC pics a while back, and in one was a box of back springs weren't stepped. They did this also for the last run of 14's...the 2016's were stepped, exposing the back pin. The 2018's were 2-holers. I like how the dust & dirt is way easier to sweep out this way. Are the future 15's next?

So what was the final verdict on the bolsters on this run? Looks like they came with nickel silver as planned. Some of the production pictures looked like they might have the steel bolsters used on previous runs.

So what was the final verdict on the bolsters on this run? Looks like they came with nickel silver as planned. Some of the production pictures looked like they might have the steel bolsters used on previous runs.

They are nickel silver

Yeah, some pics had the bolsters looking darker than the liners to me, and I was curious as well. But bolsters and liners are NS, as Mike posted on the reserve page.

My daughter went to the Post Office after I saw it had been delivered. Nothing....I went back and they had scanned it in and said it was delivered but they could not find it. After some searching by them and sweating by me they came up with it. Very happy how it turned out! Thank you Mike.

9-B22-DDE6-7958-4174-91-E3-9-A6-A5-FF4-E7-A7.jpg

Yes - there were some GEC pics a while back, and in one was a box of back springs weren't stepped. They did this also for the last run of 14's...the 2016's were stepped, exposing the back pin. The 2018's were 2-holers. I like how the dust & dirt is way easier to sweep out this way. Are the future 15's next?
Huh....interesting. I had never gotten a 14 before this run so I just assumed they were always like that. Is this something they switch back and forth on or just a new thing all around?

Received my AB tonight...sorry ..too late for pics. Very nice. Typical superb workmanship. A lighter pull than on my Ironwood 77 of '18, but W&T is great! Ebony is pretty tight and dark/even. Having said that, still a tinge of disappointment that I was unable to secure a red sawcut copy. I may just sit on this one for a couple of weeks (although I'm dying to use it) to see if someone may want to swap. We'll see
Peter

Mine showed up this afternoon and I think it looks great. I had a "Tan" one from the 2nd run that I let go as I felt it looked a bit sterile but this amber definitely has more character. Here it is with the rest of my 77's I've been lucky enough to acquire including my pioneer bone that was the picture child from the original run (i.e., the GEC website photo for those scales back in 2014).
ojnD4K5.jpg

Back