1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Oct 30, 2014.

1. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Those are all stunners!

2. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    My AB should arrive today (although it should have arrived yesterday, was out for delivery and somehow ended up back at the Post Office). From what I've seen so far, the wait will be worth it! Some of the Red and Amber Saw Cuts look so good, it makes me question my decision, but then I see an AB and am re-affirmed. I guess the bottom line is that GEC/CK hit it out of the park with these.

I am likely in the minority, but I favor a spear point blade - mostly for aesthetics. To be honest, I carry a knife every day and my knives get used but (outside of my hunting knives) not really that hard. A knife that looks and feels good to me gets a lot of pocket time. I expect this one will displace my ebony lambsfoot for a little while.

Pgg365247, JohnDF, tmd_87 and 3 others like this.
  3. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    My micarta arrived last night, and I'm a happy guy. The covers have a beautiful grain to them. Very good fit and finish, as is the usual for the 77 Barlow.

[​IMG]

4. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    mb> likes this.
  5. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

TOM K., willard0341, Travman and 27 others like this.
  6. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Congrats to you my friend for your new Red Sawcut . Your last picture is the one that I wanted to see .

Harry

Pàdruig and shadowram like this.
  7. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    FD148F34-CC92-4447-B523-2AC94EC230E9.jpeg CEB2AFBA-1F06-4E0E-9EC0-15E723DAA595.jpeg

Southern Sawcut checking in.

8. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Received my Amber Sawcut Bone last night, it has some character and I sure do like the traditional appearance. The 77 Barlow is one my favorite, it's probably appreciated more when used but I don't need another 77 user right now so this one is going in my safe.

77 amber.jpg 77 amber 2.jpg

9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    The whole gang!
    IMG_20190920_081150.jpg

10. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    AB is the winner for me from this run. Micarta is very nice too and I've seen some nice examples of reds and ambers. Crossing fingers for ASCB with some character.

CelloDan and tmd_87 like this.
  11. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I fully expect we will see some serious patina on the new Amber cut soon:thumbsup:

tmd_87 likes this.
  12. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    These all look great guys. I’m loving that micarta too.

Well, without posting any curse words, Usps messed up once again.
    I live in Ohio. Columbus is the main hub.. it got there late Wednesday night. For some reason they shipped it back to Indiana last night !!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

[​IMG]

tmd_87 likes this.
  13. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Beautiful!

462C8671-D21D-4D32-89EC-793890AE055D.jpeg

14. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Buzz, not sure if it’s just in the picture but I like the dark color in the grain of the Micarta. Good looking knife.

Hopefully it’s just taking the scenic route:cool:

bbk357 and mb> like this.
  15. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Really like this flavor of spear - very sweet blade. This one has some feint brown streaks on one side (which I like). Excellent walk and talk! Great way to cap a busy work week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Very nice! I got mine yesterday, but haven't yet been able to open it. I will get to it in the next day or so. I would be very happy to see some streaking in mine as well.

mb> likes this.
  17. Behr95

Behr95 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2018
    My AB has it... that was a surprise.

18. Behr95

Behr95 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2018
    CK was required to do this? Is this a new rule from GEC? My 77 from the last run doesn’t have this etch.

19. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018

Yes it’s been discussed in the middle of the thread. New rule.

tmd_87 likes this.
  20. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    My wife upon seeing the etch: “Oh! Calvin Klein!” :rolleyes::)