GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

My new 77 barlow had side-to-side play when fully open as well. I emailed GEC same day I received it and they told me to send it in and the repair would be covered under warranty. I have not gotten it back yet though.

The natural micarta is the nicest I think I’ve seen. Surprisingly it looks true best to me out of all the variants offered. I would love to have scored one!
How are people liking the CK etch? Most are liking it? Looks good to me.

The natural micarta is the nicest I think I’ve seen. Surprisingly it looks true best to me out of all the variants offered. I would love to have scored one!
How are people liking the CK etch? Most are liking it? Looks good to me.
GwBcRqq.jpg

Been working on the etch myself.

My Blackwood Barlow has a little side-to-side wobble in the blade.

I have about a dozen other GEC builds and none of them are loose at all.

Is this something that can be adjusted or repaired?

Or should I just live with it?

It can be fixed by putting leather or thick cloth on each side of the bolsters and squeezing lightly with a vice (or tapping it with a hammer if you don't have a vice) until it is tight. But I wouldn't recommend doing it for the first time on your 77. Send it in. Call first.

I was finally lucky enough to grab a CK 77 but I’m paranoid about having it slip out of my pocket somewhere. I carry it in a CK pocket slip but I would like to find a belt sheath with a snap that fits properly. Any thoughts? Thanks

I was finally lucky enough to grab a CK 77 but I’m paranoid about having it slip out of my pocket somewhere. I carry it in a CK pocket slip but I would like to find a belt sheath with a snap that fits properly. Any thoughts? Thanks

The Victorinox Swiss Army Zermatt Medium Pouch (Brown) - about $12 - should work perfectly. The 77 is too short for the large version.

Brian

Finally completed my 77 barlow spear collection!
https://imgur.com/gallery/xPT4hfa

Absolutely beautiful collection Terdl. What's next, spear and coping 2 blade 77s ;-). I'm the clipped point barlow collector. I am a fan of those pretty much any clipped 77. Single, two blade, my dream is a 2 blade 77 clipped main and caplifter secondary. Here is an old pic. Sorry it's kinda crappy I have added a few since then but im still not finished.20191203_072227.jpg

Absolutely beautiful collection Terdl. What's next, spear and coping 2 blade 77s ;-). I'm the clipped point barlow collector. I am a fan of those pretty much any clipped 77. Single, two blade, my dream is a 2 blade 77 clipped main and caplifter secondary. Here is an old pic. Sorry it's kinda crappy I have added a few since then but im still not finished.View attachment 1242975[/QUOTE

Daaaaaaaaamn!!!!!

Back