GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

Yeah, every single KSF email I get is well enough after they've actually opened up the sale to end up being useless.
I only ever score with KSF now if someone else gives me a heads up that they are up.
I'd love to snag an Angus, but I'm happy to take my BF model on this run if thats all I get.

I don't mind a MR or WD... as long as i get at least one! They are going fast! Not sure i'll be fast enough to grab a #86 and a Bocote #73 in the same drop... Life is full of hard choice! hahaha

Yeah, every single KSF email I get is well enough after they've actually opened up the sale to end up being useless.
I only ever score with KSF now if someone else gives me a heads up that they are up.
I'd love to snag an Angus, but I'm happy to take my BF model on this run if thats all I get.
I think our BF 86 will be the “show stopper“ for this run Of 86’s. Our 2019 BF knife would have ran away with that title (IMO) but for waynorth waynorth ’s Black Jack SFO…those two were pretty special. If I had to chose just one 86 for this run it would be the BF Barlow-hands down. Not to take away from the Angus Jack - it’s nice, but our Barlow is going to be the bees knees (If executed in traditional GEC fashion).

I think our BF 86 will be the “show stopper“ for this run Of 86’s. Our 2019 BF knife would have ran away with that title (IMO) but for waynorth waynorth ’s Black Jack SFO…those two were pretty special. If I had to chose just one 86 for this run it would be the BF Barlow-hands down. Not to take away from the Angus Jack - it’s nice, but our Barlow is going to be the bees knees (If executed in traditional GEC fashion).
How does one go about purchasing (when available) the BF #86?

How does one go about purchasing (when available) the BF #86?
Start here, paying attention to eligiblity requirements, sorry to be the bearer of bad news...https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/2021-forum-knife-faqs.1809404/

For me, the nail nick both on the show side is a huge positive. The only niggles I had with the blackjack (one of my all time favorites) was the secondary behind the main with an opposite nick, and neither blade being a sheepfoot / coping grind. I like to have two distinctly different blades on my jacks.

the bolster mark looks better thn expected but still too close to the bolster border

View attachment 1640076

View attachment 1640078

yes Mike, just a tad more, still enough space to the bolster pin left.

and i would liked to have seen a line between GEC and the bolster border, like on the TC Bolster.

what do you think about that?

View attachment 1640120

Though I do agree that the lined bolster adds a bit refinement to a Barlow, having a stamp be close to the bottom is not without precedent - as can be seen by the 25 pictured below:

lHQukwt.jpg

I was on time.....but the price was revealed at 7:00 ET. Hard pass at $150, too bad. The same place had the 73 for $30 over what I paid from CK. Good luck to all with more means than me👍
Man, I was looking forward to that Agnus.
I tried to get in on it this time but it was gone in about 10 seconds so i missed out once i was in checkout. Wow! I don’t know how people are so fast. The price was a little more than I expected

Back