GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

Are the 86's similar in size to a 15? Does anyone have comparison pics?

Are the 86's similar in size to a 15? Does anyone have comparison pics?

Apologies for the poor picture. Indoor lighting is very poor. Should give you an idea at least - there is a significant size difference.

Mafvx4y.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture. Indoor lighting is very poor. Should give you an idea at least - there is a significant size difference.

Mafvx4y.jpg

Which is which? Is the 86 larger or smaller than the 15?

And, small amounts of size make a great difference with Traditionals...this 2 blade Angus Jack will be a heavy knife, looks good BAREHEAD and I think the Medium Rare/ Well Done is an amusing poke at those potential and ill-informed moaners when they don't get a Jet Black one :rolleyes:

Handsome knife but too bulky for my taste, plus using the secondary when the master's closed may not be comfortable. Expect it to be a strong seller with a big following.

I’m going to have to try to get one of these. What a cool piece! The etching is really neat.

Looks awesome - love the blade choices, the shield, and the covers! One of these coupled with the forum barlow would be a great way to end my knife year.

Just thinking out loud - since Charlie indicated the forum knife would be available around November and these are starting to ship next week, they're either making a boatload of them or there will be more varieties to come.

And, small amounts of size make a great difference with Traditionals...this 2 blade Angus Jack will be a heavy knife, looks good BAREHEAD and I think the Medium Rare/ Well Done is an amusing poke at those potential and ill-informed moaners when they don't get a Jet Black one :rolleyes:

Handsome knife but too bulky for my taste, plus using the secondary when the master's closed may not be comfortable. Expect it to be a strong seller with a big following.

I guess I'm weird and prefer a brown one. I assume it will darken over time anyway.

These look really nice. I love a sheepsfoot and a barehead and the shield is nice, too. I don’t think I’ll get one though, as it’s similar to the forum knife I already have. Also similar (though much nicer) than my hayn helper. I like the name, too. Looks like another winner👍

Back