GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

Money's has been tight, I wasn't planning on buying any knives, except the forum knife, but I just purchased a 73 on a whim, and although I have a bunch of knives, I don't have any like this and it looks fantastic. I think I'm leaning med. rare here, but that will be a game time decision if I get the opportunity.
What are you guys thinking, they start dropping Friday?

This medium rare/well done is kind of confusing. These are not 2 separate runs. I spoke with Joan Mae Friday and the order of wood they received varied that much in color. Dealer allotments will go out in batches unsorted by color, so the dealer will get what they get. I guess it will depend on what they get as to weather they can give you the color you want.

This medium rare/well done is kind of confusing. These are not 2 separate runs. I spoke with Joan Mae Friday and the order of wood they received varied that much in color. Dealer allotments will go out in batches unsorted by color, so the dealer will get what they get. I guess it will depend on what they get as to weather they can give you the color you want.
In the unlikely event that I do land one, it won't matter much to me whether it's lighter or darker. I will consider myself lucky just to have it.

It will be interesting to see how many of the Angus jacks they end up making. With just one cover I would think there will be a lot to go around.

An 86 with a stainless clip and micarta scales would be a stout, handy, practical user knife for outdoor pursuits. It would tussle with my old 73 for that use!

I might try for one during the .8 second period of availability!

Would be nice if they treated the two Angus Jack variations as different models like they did the Glitter Gold and Rose Gold TC15’s when the material didn’t quite match up.

Would be nice if they treated the two Angus Jack variations as different models like they did the Glitter Gold and Rose Gold TC15’s when the material didn’t quite match up.
Now I understand from the source, they are sending 2 batches to dealers starting with the medium rare. There's just no guarantee the amount of each they will get to fill their allotment. You will be at the mercy of your dealer and their supply if you want a particular color. I was told the total run of Angus will be around 650. Not a huge run, but respectable for a single handle material. Then again it's the only one for that particular configuration.

Now I understand from the source, they are sending 2 batches to dealers starting with the medium rare. There's just no guarantee the amount of each they will get to fill their allotment. You will be at the mercy of your dealer and their supply if you want a particular color. I was told the total run of Angus will be around 650. Not a huge run, but respectable for a single handle material. Then again it's the only one for that particular configuration.
Good to hear and I think that’s the right way to sell them. Thanks.

I'm hoping for a nice dark one. Great shield pairing on this one too.

Back