GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

I had the choice between this and the OD micarta tonight. Chose bone and I am definitely not regretting it. Hopefully my example is as nicely colored as yours.
Same I’m looking forward to seeing this one in person. Although I’m thinking the OD is going to be a impressive as well

I had the choice between this and the OD micarta tonight. Chose bone and I am definitely not regretting it. Hopefully my example is as nicely colored as yours.
I had to make the same choice and it was extremely hard. I thought I was set on bone but decided to go with micarta since the forum knife is already bone. I’m starting to have second thoughts though after seeing some of these photos haha.

Same I’m looking forward to seeing this one in person. Although I’m thinking the OD is going to be a impressive as well
Not saying it was an easy choice. I’ll try for an OD elsewhere but that ship may have sailed. The single bladed 86 is my preferred EDC size.

Some of these natural bone handles show real textural variation - I love it. It was not too long ago I was looking at Schrade 206 Barlows and thinking how cool it would be if GEC did an upscale version of it. Well these have much the same feel. I would have preferred a Celtic knot to an oak leaf...but hey, its still awesome. I have a feeling these are going to be classics.

Man this has been a really great run! The 2ABs are great just not my cup of tea with the stainless. Love the pics though, keep em coming!!!

Most of my knives are tucked away as were in the process of selling our house. Usually I have them all over my desk to serve as adult fidget spinners during the work day. Its been a few weeks and yesterday my bone barlow came in the mail, unpackaged it and started fiddling with it, immediately drawing blood on my hand. Sort of like seeing an old friend and continuing a conversation right where you left off.

Back