GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

I’m surprised to hear you say that!😉

I generally like multiple blades, but the last run was pretty hefty with two blades. I suspect the single blades might be right, for me, on this frame.

🤣 believe me, Im already trying to convince people to blade delete their angus or do blade swaps. The nice thing that the angus has is that neat shield, shame no endcaps. But if it does feel slimmer in hand Id be surprised. I'd like to see maybe that ss barlow clip swapped to the angus frame, or perhaps that barlow slip swapped to the older 86 with end cap. Ive seen people alter the bladeforums 2019 with blade swaps, so Im sure itll likely happen in the long run. But you lose that awesome tang stamp. I actually havent seen the anguses opened up all the way, but I hope the tang code is still on the secondary. That was another feature I really enjoyed of the old 86s with the tang code on the secondary as many of my blade deletes have the code on the main and it shows.

🤣 believe me, Im already trying to convince people to blade delete their angus or do blade swaps. The nice thing that the angus has is that neat shield, shame no endcaps. But if it does feel slimmer in hand Id be surprised. I'd like to see maybe that ss barlow clip swapped to the angus frame, or perhaps that barlow slip swapped to the older 86 with end cap. Ive seen people alter the bladeforums 2019 with blade swaps, so Im sure itll likely happen in the long run. But you lose that awesome tang stamp. I actually havent seen the anguses opened up all the way, but I hope the tang code is still on the secondary. That was another feature I really enjoyed of the old 86s with the tang code on the secondary as many of my blade deletes have the code on the main and it shows.
Guess who's Angus Jack is arriving to jsdistin today for a pen blade delete? 😁

Wow. Wow wow wow. These are the best photos I’ve seen yet. Yeah, that Micarta is really polished! Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Thank you. I'm very happy with it but I do like a rough micarta so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the canvas ones come out and how they compare.

I like how the red and black micarta is polished on the bolster. The OD green looks like it is satin.

u8CAEKd.jpeg
I'm thinking of grinding serrations into my main blade and call it an Angry Angus. Or...Idiot Angus?

Look what just arrived. 😍 This is the first barlow that I like. I have always felt the Case barlow is too puny to be useful, I don't have a GEC 15 and my 77 is just OK (maybe it's the spear blade?). The #86 has been my favorite pattern and this year has only solidified that opinion. 👊

mzH16Fpl.jpg

It isn't that hard. Really. It isn't.
"I kept trying to buy a stockman with red unicorn scales and everybody was selling out as soon as the site posted them. I must need a faster computer," Nyet.

"DANG! I'm really excited. I bought a red unicorn stockman knife and it's going to be in my hands in a couple of days. I'll post pics when I get it." DA!
Nin on da unicorn horn handles?? Das is not good. I want to make one with Paris green paper micarta handles and give it too a good friend...

Mail call was good today...... Got my "Rust Orange Natural Bone" Barlow today..... (Please don't ask me to say that fast 3 times......)

The knife is a head turner of tasteful design and meticulous manufacturing..... I have found no Nits to Pick on this one.....
20210929_162859.jpg20210929_163109.jpg

Mail call was good today...... Got my "Rust Orange Natural Bone" Barlow today..... (Please don't ask me to say that fast 3 times......)

The knife is a head turner of tasteful design and meticulous manufacturing..... I have found no Nits to Pick on this one.....
I’ve got one of those on the way and can’t wait! Hope it looks as good as yours.

View attachment 1650381View attachment 1650383

Man, those bone covers look fantastic! Congrats. Can't wait to drop mine in my pocket. I also wanna compare the thickness between single and double blade patterns on this frame. My Angus Jack is a thick fella.

Last edited:
A

And you , my friend , are the Winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Harry

I had the choice between this and the OD micarta tonight. Chose bone and I am definitely not regretting it. Hopefully my example is as nicely colored as yours.

Back