GEC new #43 pattern, who’s excited?

I too hope the Northfield's have this issue resolved -- Antique Green is one of my favorites.

Am surprised no-one has posted a comparison shot with the #42 yet. I am interested to know if the blade shape is identical. Can someone please oblige?

Family Portrait! Sorry for clipping the blade tip of the Frontier Bone in the pic... They are all absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for the Northfields!

ng1Reoy.jpg

Last edited:
Now I'm not sure about the green. It looks like that first one didn't take in enough color. I hope this isn't the best example they had to show.
whm-4.jpg

I received my 43 red rust bone today and it is a great pattern. I think it will be my everyday pocket knife and the Case Trapper cv will go to someone else.

The blade on my Tidiout 43 is not quite flush with spring when open, and it is not quite flush at half stop, but I am happy with it. Action is pretty soft.

I should add it is very nice looking, absurdly sharp, and very thin. The blade is dead center.

Last edited:
Just pulled my Rust red out of tube and another hand picked keeper :thumbsup:
Razor sharp and actually hair popping sharp . Blade is dead center , has a nice snap when opening and closing . A little lazy from fully open to half stop but I have no problem with that what so ever especially since it’s so smooth . I’m sure it will break in nicely and if not I still love it ! Fit and finish is very nice and Im really liking The jigging and color of the rust red in person :thumbsup:
LSzddXK.jpg

MocvC1R.jpg

X8Q6UkC.jpg

zPBhU5G.jpg

Razor sharp and actually hair popping sharp . Blade is dead center , has a nice snap when opening and closing . A little lazy from fully open to half stop but I have no problem with that what so ever especially since it’s so smooth . I’m sure it will break in nicely and if not I still love it ! Fit and finish is very nice and Im really liking The jigging and color of the rust red in person :thumbsup:
LSzddXK.jpg

MocvC1R.jpg

X8Q6UkC.jpg

zPBhU5G.jpg
Jigging isn’t too busy for you in person then?

LSzddXK.jpg

MocvC1R.jpg

X8Q6UkC.jpg

zPBhU5G.jpg
Holey wow that's a beauty!! Mine should be here tomorrow. Will post a group shot soon

Jigging isn’t too busy for you in person then?
Absolutely not as I posted in a earlier post a live picture I saw looked much better , not so tight and close together and sharp looking . That other Picture looked really busy for this handle .
If I would of just went on that picture I saw this would of never made it to my house lol.

Last edited:
I picked up a micarta just to compare to the 74 stallion I tried and passed on to someone else. I really like the size, which I was unsure of given the 23 I picked up and am trying to move along currently. I like the swedge a lot and the thinness is a real plus. The action is a little lazy on the open to half stop on mine but not bad and I put a lot of nano oil in the pivot and not much grime came out so I think it is going to be pretty good after breaking in. I’ll have a hard time moving this one along, unless I can move some other knife to give it a place to stay!

I picked up a micarta just to compare to the 74 stallion I tried and passed on to someone else. I really like the size, which I was unsure of given the 23 I picked up and am trying to move along currently. I like the swedge a lot and the thinness is a real plus. The action is a little lazy on the open to half stop on mine but not bad and I put a lot of nano oil in the pivot and not much grime came out so I think it is going to be pretty good after breaking in. I’ll have a hard time moving this one along, unless I can move some other knife to give it a place to stay!
tryin to get rid of a 23 huh.?

tryin to get rid of a 23 huh.?
Yeah, I wanted to try it because I like a bigger knife and I’m just using this year to cycle through some patterns since I’m fairly new to traditional knives and especially GEC. The 23 is just too big for my tastes, but it is a cool knife and I really like the jigging on it. I had a blade forums barlow earlier in the year (or maybe late last year) in micarta and liked the feel of it, so I was curious how it would feel on a bigger knife. I think I prefer the grippier jigged bone, but I’m not sure yet.

Yeah, I wanted to try it because I like a bigger knife and I’m just using this year to cycle through some patterns since I’m fairly new to traditional knives and especially GEC. The 23 is just too big for my tastes, but it is a cool knife and I really like the jigging on it. I had a blade forums barlow earlier in the year (or maybe late last year) in micarta and liked the feel of it, so I was curious how it would feel on a bigger knife. I think I prefer the grippier jigged bone, but I’m not sure yet.
I'm just getting back into traditionals myself. I checked it out, I like the looks of it but it's not the blade shape I'm into. It's a dandy though, I'm sure somebody will have to have it before to long.

I'm just getting back into traditionals myself. I checked it out, I like the looks of it but it's not the blade shape I'm into. It's a dandy though, I'm sure somebody will have to have it before to long.
Thanks for looking! I’m sure it will raise someone ‘s interest eventually. Enjoy traditionals, but watch your wallet because the buying bug bites hard!

Back