GEC new #43 pattern, who’s excited?

Last night was taco night at my house, so within 30 minutes of pulling my 43 out of the tube, it was slicing and dicing onions and tomatoes. My plan is to build up a patina quickly on both the 43 and the 81. Then once everything is nice and dark, I coat everything with Seal1 CLP Plus before the humid weather hits.

Slowly growing a collection of these. May end up being my first accumulation of every cover available in a run. If only I could snag one of those okca ones....

I am liking this pattern, more than I thought i would. The OKCA, Orange camel, and Antique Green bone look really nice. Does anyone know if the OKCA club knife is a club exclusive or if you can find them for sale if you are not a member? Really liking these larger GECs
Big_GEC.JPG

I am liking this pattern, more than I thought i would. The OKCA, Orange camel, and Antique Green bone look really nice. Does anyone know if the OKCA club knife is a club exclusive or if you can find them for sale if you are not a member? Really liking these larger GECs
View attachment 874272
You had to be a OKCA member to purchase one; the serialized versions are sold out I believe, but there may be some unserialized available at the show.

Slowly growing a collection of these. May end up being my first accumulation of every cover available in a run. If only I could snag one of those okca ones....

I have a full collection of all of the 43’s released so far for the general public (7/8) except for the stag and SFO OKCA variants, I think it’s going to be hard to find those in the open marketplace...

I love the full size of the 43’s so much so that I have duplicates of every single cover thinking I might have to cull them down, but each and every 43 has been consistently perfect for me at least! I have a feeling that most of the duplicates may have to be sold to get the remaining two covers!

Received my orange camel bone today, first one of the 43's for me and I absolutely love it. Construction is perfect and pull is perfect,about a 6, I can't pitch it. Not lazy at all,great snap.
The first thing I thought when I opened it was a creamsicle so that is what I will call it, handles are perfectly matched.

IMG_8475.jpg IMG_8474.jpg IMG_8478.jpg IMG_8482.jpg

This just arrived! I think it has better action then my Cocobolo. What a sweet knife, gonna be an awesome user!!! Doesn't look bad either!
a9fXW0W.jpg

I finally went for the cocobolo version :)
A stag one would be nice if I really have this 'wow, that's the one!" feeling.
Excited to have it in hand now!

Cool camel, and very nice striped cocobolo.

I still like the red jig bone best.
Thank you sir, I'm partial to the orange camel bone, lots of depth that couldn't capture in photo. I tried to find one that was a twin to my 74 mustang and it's darn close:), will have to get up a comparison soon. Also, from what I heard this is the first time GEC has done camel bone on their own that wasn't a SFO. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that makes it little extra special to me:cool:

I may have over-invested in the camel bone a little :thumbsup::cool::p, because I think it is amazing. Can't wait to get one in hand.

Back