GEC new #43 pattern, who’s excited?

ij69pts.jpg

Is that a new/beginning patina or are you just glad to see me?

Very nice knife ---> Reminds me of Red Vines! :p:D:cool:
Yes that is Patina starting to develop lol but it might be glad to see you to lol .
Thanks it’s a sweetie of a knife and it does look like vines especially in the light .

Does anyone know why the Northfield 43 doesn’t get the triple P stamp?

I've wondered too, and I've read only the very first cover material gets the PPP. Although I think the Frontier bone and Jigged Cherry had it? Oh and looks like the Rust Red also has it.

I've wondered too, and I've read only the very first cover material gets the PPP. Although I think the Frontier bone and Jigged Cherry had it? Oh and looks like the Rust Red also has it.
Maybe only Tidioute patterns get it?

I don't ever remember it being anything but Tidioute. Yes, its the first run of a new pattern, and used to be about 150-200 knives with the PPP etch. With larger runs now, not sure about the numbers anymore.

Does anyone remember the first pattern to get the PPP etch? I have one, and they made a total of 67 in this cover material.

Micarta Tidioute headed my way. I am really enjoying my cocobolo. This knife rides easy in the pocket!

That Northfield camp knife is sweet!

The Great Eastern cover page is Oregon Knife Collectors 43 edition. Pretty hot!

Wish I had joined the club....

View attachment 872931

Well it looks like the Oregon collectors got the best of the bunch so far! I would have joined the club from the other side of the country if I had known. Congratulations to any of you who might have gotten one of these. What a great looking knife! I believe the Stag will look just as nice, but it will not have that awesome Beaver Shield.

Back