1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GEC Wishlist

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by JA5544, Jul 28, 2019.

1. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 4, 2015
    You beat me to it on the Viper....I can't tell you how bad I want one of those.

And definitely more stainless...

Onearmbladenut and Pinemoon like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Barehead, Improved Mini Trapper, with Sawcut or Jigged Bone, and Stainless Steel (just to get the rest of you on my side). :D:thumbsup:

3. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Sowbelly BUT what does it matter as any knife made by GEC from now on will be put on various dealer's reserve lists and very few of the people really wanting one will get one and be left in the dust with empty pockets. Just my .02¢

4. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    That knife buy GEC would be a home run no question. I'm sure it would be there most expensive model to date but well worth every penny. I'm in for 2. :)

Onearmbladenut and easternknives like this.
  5. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I would like to see a Zulu pattern (if it hasn't already been mentioned), in a GEC model as opposed to NW.

JD Bear and pmek5 like this.
  6. Cooter Brown

Cooter Brown

May 22, 2011
    In 2012 GEC had a run of a 79 pattern, called the Montana Workhorse Whittler. Ruby Red jig bone please. Very practical and good looking pattern.

I really liked it at the time but for some reason didn't get it. I'd like another shot!

7. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    This one?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pinemoon, Dschal, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  8. Shurke

Shurke Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2018
    A barrel knife from GEC would be really interesting.

9. JustinR

JustinR Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2008
    33 conductors
    92 barehead eureka in spear or clip (all steel)
    68 owls in clip
    66 pen set up as a 93ot with a sheepsfoot behind a California clip. Perfect frame for it.

Please please please another run or 61/62 knives.....we are in desperate need of more courthouse whittler's in the world!!!

A regular run Norfolk would make me happy as well.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Blade shapes are covered. :cool::thumbsup:

11. Morrow7x

Morrow7x

Feb 10, 2019
    I like most of the patterns from an aesthetics standpoint, so whatever, the smallest that would be practical with the following:

Cap lifter, spear, and wharncliffe. I'd like in in 'Taphouse acrylic', I picture a golden version of coffeehouse acrylic.

It will be called the "Three finger whittler".... ;-)

12. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Yeah!
    Large Texas jack

13. Cooter Brown

Cooter Brown

May 22, 2011

I think that's a different cover material but that's the knife. That one always appealed to me but you don't see them posted or talked about much, so they might not have been super popular.

14. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Tidioutes and Northfields in 1095.

Onearmbladenut and HotGuts like this.
  15. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    How about a little something for the antipodeans.

A bunny knife!

JohnDF and Frailer like this.
  16. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    GEC#22 in different single blade styles in 440C & 1095 carbon.

Stelth likes this.
  17. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    A GEC Allegheny Barlow #97 4 3/4" closed would be pretty cool. I would love a big Allegheny #97 4 3/4"closed swing guard lock-back knife too. Remember smaller knives are easier to sell. I like my knives bigger because I have one arm and I stick the knife in between my knees while opening. GEC knives are smooth for me to open. I am thankful when I score these difficult to obtain knives.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  18. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    A GEC#48 with a single Wharncliffe blade would be killer. I want to see some Dark blue jigged bone , smooth dark oily creek bone , burnt sienea jigged bone , sapphire blue acrylic , turquoise/black acrylic , & zebra-wood .

SVTFreak likes this.
  19. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    Not bad thinking. Or a 48 jack with a spey or drop point main and coping secondary.

20. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut

Jul 19, 2018
    I want to see a 4 1/4" closed "old school style" curvy brass swing guard lock-back brass bolsters clip blade 1095 knife.