• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed of my DDR knife big time ! No longer stolen !

Trading is the riskiest of endeavors.
I buy many knives off the Exchange, close to 60.
I have done a grand total of 1 trade. Only did that one because I am friendly here with the other party and had 100% trust in him.
I would never trade with anyone I didn't 'know'.
Joe

Overall, trading through the internet is just plain risky and a bad idea. It takes incredible trust to do it. Many people give benefit of the doubt, but it exposes them to thiefs like this kid.

The only safe way to trade is if PP is holding money on both sides and when they all get the right thing PP will release it

Completely agree!
I have traded Triumph motorcycle parts with a fella in Oz, and another in Germany.
We all agreed to pay the fair value in advance of shipping thru PayPal G&S.
Once everyone had their gear we sent the funds back via F&F.

The few dollars PP takes for their service is MORE than worth the availability of a secure transaction.

It's the only safe way to trade on the "net" IMHO.

Completely agree!
I have traded Triumph motorcycle parts with a fella in Oz, and another in Germany.
We all agreed to pay the fair value in advance of shipping thru PayPal G&S.
Once everyone had their gear we sent the funds back via F&F.

The few dollars PP takes for their service is MORE than worth the availability of a secure transaction.

It's the only safe way to trade on the "net" IMHO.

You can also do it where both sides refund the payment when merchandise ir received and both parties are happy.

You can also do it where both sides refund the payment when merchandise ir received and both parties are happy.

Absolutely, yes you can.
When you send the funds back under F&F the recipient has immediate access to the money vs 3 day wait for the refund.
Either way it has worked well for me.
PayPal was a fantastic concept from the beginning, and it keeps getting better. (IMHO)

I haven't had a refund take 3 days in years. The advantage to using Refund if you get the fees back, too.

Hmmmm.
I did not know the fee's came back with a refund. Seems like it's cheating PP out of theirs tho.
The three days is about normal for me.
The funds do show on PP balance but I don't keep money there. I transfer it to my bank.
The F&F always shows right away. The refunds take a few days.

Just the way it's always been for me.

It is and isn't cheating PP as no money ever changes hands so it wouldn't be eligible for fees however you are using PP as a holding ground a service they don't actually offer but if they did would likely have fees on it.

Last edited:
It is and isn't cheating PP as now money ever changes hands so it wouldn't be eligible for fees however you are using PP as a holding ground a service they don't actually offer but if they did would likely have fees on it.

It would be cool if they could offer some kind of service like that, but I'm not sure how they'd go about it.

It just may be worth pursuing...
I imagine IF you had the correct ear to bend, and threw the idea their way...
There might be a lifetime "fee free" deal to be had.
Karmas happy, you're happy, and it's a win/win for everyone.

Gotta love forums:thumbsup:

Glad to see you finally got your knife back. That punk is going to learn a lot of hard lessons in life to come. Karma always has a way of coming back.

How true. He will keep pulling shit like this till he runs into the wrong person. Hard lesson will ensue.
Joe

Glad to see you finally got your knife back. That punk is going to learn a lot of hard lessons in life to come. Karma always has a way of coming back.

Few days ago I was contacted by this scumbag Jonakee on Instagram with his David Freeman account. He tried to lure me into trading my Shirogorov Technobamboo 2 from the Roulette V lottery for a knife that belongs to collector in China. I saw the knife sell at BladeShow for $20k, there's no way the little douche has it in his possession. That knife hasn't seen the light of day since BladeShow. No posts on Instagram, never posted for sale in The USN, nothing. Plain old scam, just like how he pretended to have a Sinkevich Coordinal Leaf when scamming Erni0066 out of his Sinkevich Carcass.

I'm amazed and so happy you got your knife back, OP. To be honest I'm surprised he even sent it when Ninedeuce bought it.

Few days ago I was contacted by this scumbag Jonakee on Instagram with his David Freeman account. He tried to lure me into trading my Shirogorov Technobamboo 2 from the Roulette V lottery for a knife that belongs to collector in China. I saw the knife sell at BladeShow for $20k, there's no way the little douche has it in his possession.
Only way to find out do a Skype call with him and you will know if he got in his possession or not

Last edited:
I understand.
I also trust Karma to be my BFF. I just worry too much.

You just gotta love, "Karma & Best Friend's Forever!" ;)
It's been really nice, not seeing you have to worry so much around here lately...

Few days ago I was contacted by this scumbag Jonakee on Instagram with his David Freeman account. He tried to lure me into trading my Shirogorov Technobamboo 2 from the Roulette V lottery for a knife that belongs to collector in China. I saw the knife sell at BladeShow for $20k, there's no way the little douche has it in his possession. That knife hasn't seen the light of day since BladeShow. No posts on Instagram, never posted for sale in The USN, nothing. Plain old scam, just like how he pretended to have a Sinkevich Coordinal Leaf when scamming Erni0066 out of his Sinkevich Carcass.

I'm amazed and so happy you got your knife back, OP. To be honest I'm surprised he even sent it when Ninedeuce bought it.

This was one of thee nicest gestures, I've seen a BF member do for his fellow BF Brother! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for the update/warning! :thumbsup:

Only way to find out do a Skype call with him and you will know if he got in his possession or not

^ Under no exception is this thief ever to be trusted again! I would love nothing more than to someday read, that some Marcellus Wallace type went medieval on his sorry a$$. Only then, will his father/family, be wishing they would've intervened and set him straight, back when they had the chance.
This punk will be lucky if he makes it to see his 25th birthday.

^ Under no exception is this thief ever to be trusted again! I would love nothing more than to someday read, that some Marcellus Wallace type went medieval on his sorry a$$. Only then, will his father/family, be wishing they would've intervened and set him straight, back when they had the chance.
This punk will be lucky if he makes it to see his 25th birthday.

You would love it if some young kid was killed for stealing knives? That's a bit immature and extreme, don't you think?

I hope the kid learns his lesson through learning from his mistakes, not death.

Grow up, Kelama:rolleyes:

Back