Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

Nice collection, Tx!!!
All beautiful, I have to say I like the slant bolsters best!!

Beautiful! Here's one you don't often see; maybe it's the color....

992eQyG.jpg

Hey Rocky watch me pull a rabbit outa my hat.
I have the bw moose in dark cherry i think...
from memory...or black cherry?
Its dark red anyway. I always like the larger gecs 72 and up size wise.The 66 and is it 68? White owl are more compact but still serious.

My grandpa was a stockman man. I inherited three of his knives, two were Keen Kutters and one a Western. All had black jigged scales (bone or delrin) and were heavily, heavily used. I got this 66 in hemlock bone with the crest shield as a kind of "tribute" to my late grandfather. I haven't had the will to carry it yet, and as of now it's the only true safe-queen knife I own. I won't sell it, but I can't quite bring myself to use it yet either.
Although I'd image some day, when I'm working in my shop and thinking of grandpa and all he taught me about woodworking and fishing and life, this 66 will somehow creep in my pocket...
full

My grandpa was a stockman man. I inherited three of his knives, two were Keen Kutters and one a Western. All had black jigged scales (bone or delrin) and were heavily, heavily used. I got this 66 in hemlock bone with the crest shield as a kind of "tribute" to my late grandfather. I haven't had the will to carry it yet, and as of now it's the only true safe-queen knife I own. I won't sell it, but I can't quite bring myself to use it yet either.
Although I'd image some day, when I'm working in my shop and thinking of grandpa and all he taught me about woodworking and fishing and life, this 66 will somehow creep in my pocket...
full

I have a few knives from my Grandad, some get used and some don’t. I say take that 66 and use the heck out of it to see if you can ever get that “heavily, heavily used” look that his knives have. Then perhaps someday you can pass them all down and let the cycle continue....

Back