Great Eastern Cutlery ( GEC ) group shots / photo requests

I am proud of my little group as well Andi. One day after I pay for three girls weddings and college I can start a real collection? Untill that day its much more fun having the torture of only getting one new blade here and there. Thanks for indulging me on my pic, its only a tiny red x on my screen right now but im sure you will get it fixed soon.

I could see the pic. But I edited the post and added the same pic again. Perhaps it works now.

Kind regards
Andi

Very nice :D Thank you Andi

IMG_1774.jpg

I added the spear blade of the ForumKnife to see it also in camparison to the #66 Moose. I hope, this helps a little :)

Kind regards
Andi

Last edited:
This is pretty cool thread getting to see these and compare! Here's my three and like Jeff's they're all three different. I greatly injoy each one's uniqness and how hard they work....
002-24.jpg

Very nice Peter, thanks for sharing. I am really starting to like the 85. Heck I NEED one of them all ;)

In Texas huh, we should get a southern meet and greet together for the traditional folks....

Thanks to the OP for the idea, and to all who are contributing!

Most knives look the same size in pictures by themselves; having the side-by-side comparison with another model, especially a pattern that one is familiar with in-hand, is a great help.

That said, could anyone show a 56 (Dogleg Jack) next to a 25 or 68 (my two "known" patterns), and if possible a 66 Jack? Also, is Geppetto Whittler (57) built on the same frame as the 56, but with the main blade on the other end?

If I've missed the 56 in previous comparisons, I apologize, and appreciate being directed to the pictures. :)

... Should GEC come out with a 3.25" Jack, woe's my wallet-- though I still can't get over the 25s, and look forward to seeing what might be coming next.

Thanks.

~ P.

Hi P,

Here's the #66 Jack, #68 WO, #56 Jack clip, and #25 as requested.
IMG_3102.jpg

Here are the #66 and #68 along with 2 variations of the #56. The clip came out first and has a more pronounced downward slope than the spear version.
IMG_3106.jpg

Thanks, Trand! This is helpful indeed. My goodness, there's a lot more handle packed into the Dogleg's 3.5" length as compared to the White Owl's. Wow. Thanks also for highlighting the downswoop of the 56's main blades through the open-blade pictures. Beautiful wood handles on both....

Once again, a 25 grabs my attention. Desert Sand?

Thanks. :)

~ P.

You're welcome :) Yep, its Desert Sand, another favorite of mine from GEC. I wish they would use this bone more often.

Great thread. Here is a picture of my GECs. I'll have to see if I can get some better pictures eventually.
GEC.jpg

Steve, the #56/57s are right at 3-1/2", the #66s are a sixteenth less than that at 3-7/16", the #33 Conductors are 3-5/16", and the #25/26s are about 1/32 over 3" even. Altogether that makes 4 frames, 6 patterns, all offered in 2-blade models, some with single blades and even a few with 3 blades between 3 and 3.5" closed. Yes, they have a lot of big knives too, but they have plenty of smaller offerings to choose from.

I can't believe I never realized that, and I even owned a 33 for a bit! I always thought it was more like 3.5" closed but checking specs I see you're right--maybe the bail made it deceptive. I guess when I made that post I was thinking more that I wished GEC would make a Peanut or similar. Thanks for the recommendations, I need to check out those little 25/26 models!

I own two GEC knives, the 1st is a Tidioute #542208 Moose serial # 04
The 2nd is a Northfield #620311 Courthouse whittler serial #10
e8b3fddc.jpg

Main Blades
426eac6d.jpg

Secondary Blades
805edcc6.jpg

This has been great to get a comparison of all the different patterns so far.

Here are the #66 and #68 along with 2 variations of the #56. The clip came out first and has a more pronounced downward slope than the spear version.
IMG_3106.jpg

Thanks for posting this, Trand. I always thought there was a slight difference between the clip and spear #56 but could never put my finger on exactly what it was. Looks like they thinned out the end of the handle on the barehead versions.

I'll check Dan... It could just be the angle of the knife in the pic. I didn't notice it being different before but I didn't carry the spear version.

Edit: I just checked and they are the same put side to side width. The clip with the rear bolster is more rounded at the edges so it actually feels thinner but they are the same thickness.

Last edited:
Great thread. Here is a picture of my GECs. I'll have to see if I can get some better pictures eventually.

You have a nice assortment there piston, would love to see more pics. Especially that 57 lined up at the tang with that 56 and 85 and, well you get the point :D

Trand, this picture almost had me persuaded to purchase a 56, love the shape of the handle and the slope of the clip blade.

Then the Case 6207 mini trapper jack arrived, and the fever subsided! The curve of the 6207's handle is more like a 48 than a 56, but I'm satisified with it.

Thanks again for your lovely photography, and excellent comparison shots.

Here are a couple of my GEC cases. The first is all #53 Cuban stockmen (1 spot left for a caribou stag I have yet to score!)

GECs1.jpg

This case has most of the rest of my equal end #53/54 patterns, my jacks and a couple of toothpicks.

GECs2.jpg

Very nice Jeff I see u have the one I have been searching red stag 72 they kinda pricey though lololo but very nice knives thankx for sharing

Back