1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Green Para2's are back

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by MCM, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Received my perfect specimen today. Sharp, centered, no blade play, and a cool shade of green G-10. It'll get smoother in a short while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cameron_

Cameron_

Mar 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. KnyfeGy

KnyfeGy

Mar 10, 2014
    What would you all think of a Para2 with an AXIS lock?

4. remnar

remnar

Nov 14, 2013
    It wouldn't be a Para2.

5. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I have one already, it's called a Manix 2.

Actually I like the compression lock just fine, and I like the BBL too. If I had to choose one lock vs. the other, I would probably pick the compression lock. If I had to choose one knife, I would pick the Para2, no matter which lock it had. But I don't have to choose so I own both of them.

6. Cameron_

Cameron_

Mar 8, 2014

That's what I'm talking about...

[​IMG]

7. tricker

tricker

Sep 14, 2007

weaker lock in theory plus more moving parts

advantages are?

8. mjdubs

mjdubs

Apr 8, 2014
    Jealous to say the least off all these beauties. Wish I coulda snagged one. Maybe another run. Hopefully these sprint runs show Spyderco and the knife companies to make more of these. They'd definitely profit immensely. Id rather my money go to Sal and Spyderco than to a seller on the secondary market. Enjoy your knives in this sick steel! Hope they get put to good use and aren't safe queens. They deserve the use.

9. FDE

FDE Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Super weird first post KnyfeGy. Would this figurative axis lock para 2 also be a green CTS 204P knifeworks exclusive?

10. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Negative. It's perfect the way it is.
    So true.

I was lucky enough to get a couple from the first run, the long wait made them that much more desireable. In short, it's a really good steel and Spyderco did a great job on this run.

11. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Agree that this combination of design (ergonomics), fit and finish, and blade steel make this knife an incredible edc for my purposes.
    Strong, light,comfortable to use.

12. LabMonkey

LabMonkey

Mar 8, 2014
    I know I'm the oddball here, but I think that a Para2 with an axis lock would be the perfect knife. Obviously, this wouldn't be a Para2, per se, and I know it would never happen, but I'm a huge fan of the axis lock, and a huge fan of the ergonomics of the Para2. The compression lock is pretty slick (my second favorite locking mechanism), but for me, an axis lock on a para2 would be sweeeeeeeeet:D

13. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Well, I'm a big fan of the para platform. I have 2 paras and maybe 6 para 2's. I also like that there's no spring to fail on the comp lock.

14. WorkingEdge

WorkingEdge

May 20, 2013
    Care to share which is your favorite and why? Only got one and it sure is pretty in green!

15. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Definitely this one.

[​IMG]

With this one not far behind.

[​IMG]

16. Ken44

Ken44

Jun 29, 2005

Show off !
    :p

Great pic :thumbup:

17. warlord260

warlord260

Apr 20, 2013
    Nice edges.

18. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Haha, I never miss the chance to show off, thanks. :)

19. NinjaRyder0920

NinjaRyder0920 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2012