GSO 3.5 (2nd Generation)

That MacWasil blade looks really good. If I get the bug bad I'll shoot you a PM and pick your brain CG.

I'm definitely going to try for one of those EDCs of Nate's. It's much different from the 3.5, but really interesting.

I've been looking at fiddleback forge production kephart and bushfinger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, as soon as I heard about the pre-order I knew this thing was on my list of must have. I still want another old spec I loved the handle on the old one. I never got around to making a small kit for the inside.

maybe one of you more experienced SK customers can give an estimate on how much longer it will take for the 3.5 to go in production. or better yet,when will they start shipping?
im not very familiar with their production shedule, since this is my first order from SK. i know they dont have any guaranteed delivery date but i forgot when preorders closed for this model. i read on their HP that they havent even startet cutting the blanks...

in the beginning after i ordered,i checked their production shedule almost every day..haha

btw. i ordered mine in 3V with orange scales and black fasteners and sheath.

best regards

Last edited:
GAGL, that is a tough question, one that even Survive can't answer for you.
There was a knife maker that I used to follow, and he would say that if you force him to estimate when the knife will be ready he'll be wrong 90% of the time.
Human nature being what it is folks keep asking the question. Survive has gotten better at not giving an answer that they know won't be right.
I appreciate the fact that they won't make something up just because somebody asks the question.
These days they simply tell you that they don't know how long it will take before the knife ships and leave it at that.
Some folks aren't satisfied with that answer, but it really is the only true answer anybody can give you.

It is REALLY hard to guess. Fancier is right as usual and he gave a good explanation. If you look at the production schedule page on their website there are several models ahead of the 3.5 and they even mention they are waiting a bit with 3.5 until they get more models out of the shop.

The hope is that each model gets in and out of the shop faster and faster, but regardless be prepared for a wait.

The knife you ordered sounds like it will be great!

Just sending the 3.5 some happy thoughts. Please hurry! You will be perfect and I should have ordered two...

Now that the steel is being cut I figure this thread needs to be on the first page.
As much as I love the feel of the 4.7 it really is a pretty big knife.
The 4.5 and 4.1 aren't much smaller, with blade lengths all within a few tenths of an inch of each other.
The specifications on the handle length for the 3.5 list it at right around 4.7 inches, which sounds just about perfect for an every day knife.
The next knife down in the lineup is comfortable for its size, but the 2.7 really is too tiny for a working knife.
I guess that must be why the 3.5 was the first of the new spec knives that I ordered. :)

^^ Agree. The 3.5 does look like the perfect small, fixed blade. For awhile I didn't bother with an old spec 3.5 because I thought I'd always just have a stout folder with that length blade (same reason I've passed on the 2.7). I have had a few old spec 3.5s come through my shop now for handles, and I have to say I've changed my mind. I now have one, and am looking forward to the new spec version as soon as they start to drop for sale. Didn't get in on the pre-order, so I have to bide my time until they begin to show up.

Now that the steel is being cut I figure this thread needs to be on the first page.
As much as I love the feel of the 4.7 it really is a pretty big knife.
The 4.5 and 4.1 aren't much smaller, with blade lengths all within a few tenths of an inch of each other.
The specifications on the handle length for the 3.5 list it at right around 4.7 inches, which sounds just about perfect for an every day knife.
The next knife down in the lineup is comfortable for its size, but the 2.7 really is too tiny for a working knife.
I guess that must be why the 3.5 was the first of the new spec knives that I ordered. :)

I disagree with you on the 2.7 being a working knife. While I had the 2.7 passaround it fulfilled its roll very nicely. I've never held a 3.5 but I'm looking forward to my preorder coming. If your unhappy with your 2.7 let me know.

Big bump to this thread since this pictured new spec 3.5 blank is the first physical specimen I've seen. I've already posted this same pic in the Instagram thread.

baC42o5.jpg

You think you'll want to try a new 3.5 Silver? I know it was somewhat less than your favorite in the last gen model. Do you think the extra handle length will have you revisiting it? If I wasn't so happy with my last gen 3.5, I'm sure I'd jump on one of these. Maybe I'll see if I can trade my way into one later.

You think you'll want to try a new 3.5 Silver? I know it was somewhat less than your favorite in the last gen model. Do you think the extra handle length will have you revisiting it? If I wasn't so happy with my last gen 3.5, I'm sure I'd jump on one of these. Maybe I'll see if I can trade my way into one later.
Man, I just don't know. Leave it to Fancier Fancier to point out how the new 3.5 and old 4.1 have identical handle lengths. The 4.1 is the smallest I prefer to go for a full use and full spectrum of uses knife because of the handle and, I think, blade length. I don't EDC a fixed blade, so having a bit more blade is nice and practical. The 3.5 isn't one I have on order, but we'll when everyone starts showing off their orders.

What would you use a new one for if you caught one?

I think that I like how the handle shape and length mimic the 4.1 the most.
The old 3.5 was great, but the lack of index finger choil bugged me.

I think that I like how the handle shape and length mimic the 4.1 the most.
The old 3.5 was great, but the lack of index finger choil bugged me.
I remember dudes on the ESEE forum joking about how the 4.1 looked like a steak knife. The old 3.5 is even straighter in the handle.

Back