Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Excellent! A day well spent then. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

It's been a good day John, knives were a bonus :) :thumbsup:

Anybody else think it's cool that...
The Barlow Guru is cooking up a Lambsfoot
and...
The Lambsfoot Guru is cooking up a Barlow
??? :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

LOL! :D There was a time when I was the most prolific poster in Charlie's Barlow thread, and Charlie has been a long-term proponent of the Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
C6LGnuW.jpg

Looking good Vince :) :thumbsup:

Jack, I don’t know how you can beat a hand of three Aces! :thumbsup: :D

I’m totin Ironwood and Damascus today! Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :thumbsup: :D

47810638121_7e96a5139f_b_d.jpg

Thanks buddy, great choice :) :thumbsup:

Awesome pic Dwight :cool: :) :thumbsup:

My first Lambsfoot - in bone handle. Having some hobbies/activities that benefit from a shape like this, I also find this design very comfortable for EDC. With my pockets filling up with key bundles, wallet & cell, that's important to me.

...lots of eye candy on this thread. Looking forward to getting some others...

View attachment 1125302

Congratulations, and welcome to the Guardians :) That's some nice buffako horn :thumbsup:

What a mighty Trifecta to have in pocket, Jack! :):thumbsup: Maybe a "weighty' carry for the day!:D

You know, I didn't notice the extra weight at all Dennis, didn't even notice the extra knives until I came to use one of them :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dennis. :)
I do get up early, usually between 4:00 and 4:15. I set my alarm for 4:30 but I usually beat it up. I like my early mornings with the quietness and a pot of black coffee. It's when I do all my prep work for the day's classes, grade papers, and record grades. I'm usually in bed by 9:30ish and usually take a nap in the afternoon.

That's an early start John. I often wake up that sort of time in the summer, and it's a good time for me, I can get a lot done, and it's very quiet and peaceful :) In the winter, I generally wake up a couple of hours later, unless I set an alarm :thumbsup:

Another Sunny day my friends. :D
View attachment 1125357

Fine photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

I'm still waking up at 02:50 most days, as that's when my clock would ring for my bus driving shift of 04:00. Now that I'm retired I go back to bed for a couple of hours around 06:00. :confused:o_O

Yikes! :eek: Yeah, can take a good while to shake ingrained habits like that Dave :thumbsup:

I use to get up that early in the morning and go to PT when I was in the Army, but now that I'm retired....8:00 in the sun room with coffee and wifey is pretty friendly now!:):thumbsup:

You've earned a good lie in Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Dennis, once I get settled I should be able to do some local lambsfoot photos. :D

Looking forward to seeing them Dave :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning everyone - hope it's a good one for y'all.
Here's my Buf. Horn getting next to a wild Wood (Wood's?) Rose that I stuck in a pot so it can get steady H2O throughout the summer.
View attachment 1125381
OG

Excellent pic OG :) :thumbsup:

I reckon Beer Off must of come from when the pubs had off-sales? Just a guess mind as that's a mite before my time :D
Where I grew up we only ever had 'couches'. Sofa was a alien word for me, but my relatives down south had sofas.
Sorry to hear about your internet woes. Here at my mum's house phone and internet is via 'The Post Office'; not the cheapest but reliability wise we can't fault them. Any problems we do have are around rush hour and I'm assuming is the fault of the local exchange being unable to briefly handle everyone arriving home and firing up the internet.

I believe it's called 'Western Wealth Redistribution'. :confused:

A couple of weeks ago I watched a documentary about the human body clock. Briefly you can train yourself adjust your internal body clock. So if you want to wake up earlier you should expose yourself to more daylight earlier in the day; even sleeping with your curtains open. If you want to wake up later you need to expose yourself to more daylight later in the evening. Of course that means you'll get to sleep later but increases your chances of sleeping through the night. That's what this documentary said anyway.

A recycled shot as myself and this little lady have done absolutely nothing today.:thumbsup:
3mdzljN.jpg

That's my guess too Dave, folks used to send their kids down with a jug! :eek: You still get those off-sales counters with the separate doors in a few Belfast pubs. Still get used too :thumbsup: Cheers for the tip :) I remember having BT until about 15 years ago. I had been a customer for a long time. Went to Spain for 2 weeks, and when I got back, they had cut me off! o_O I had been meaning to have my landline disconnected for about 2 years anyway, as I never used it, so I told them where they could shove it! :rolleyes:

Hope you've had a great day :) :thumbsup:

Crappy indoor pic. Great cheese.
View attachment 1125437

It's more than 40 years since I had that cheese Taylor, the family of my first steady girlfriend were fond of it :) :thumbsup:

...One word which came up here a few weeks back was 'settee' (a couch or sofa), which no longer appears to exist in modern-day America, but which crops up in this book :thumbsup:
Uhhh... not to belabor the point, and respectfully meant as for information only (please don't take umbrage), but on this side of the pond, and due to experience from my first job out of high school, I'm aware that a couch or sofa seats 3 or even 4, while a settee offers seating for 2.
Although settees are still sold as such in many furniture stores here, you're correct in saying that the word is no longer commonly used (one of my Grandmothers used it) and now a settee is more widely known as a "love seat". However, I would suspect the word is still relatively common in the south.
But that's the Colonies, for you :rolleyes:

Good eye OG :thumbsup: I never even noticed it :oops: I was looking at his smile :p

Thanks OG :thumbsup: These are my Wifes paintings they are all acrylics. I posted a photo a while back and all that color in the background made the knife look good, so I thought what the heck, let's use them for a medium for a while. :D
Your wife is quite talented :)
OG

Beautiful layers in your picture, Dwight.
Thank you John.

Wow...phenomenal photo, Dwight!
Thank you Dennis.

Thanks OG :thumbsup: These are my Wifes paintings they are all acrylics. I posted a photo a while back and all that color in the background made the knife look good, so I thought what the heck, let's use them for a medium for a while.
I think they make an awesome background. Her colors are just incredible. Wonderful artist your wife. Glad to hear you've about settled in the promise land Dave.

Awesome pic Dwight
Thank you Jack. Glad you found some knives. What a trio of beauties accompanied you!

Some great pictures posted today. Thank you all. :)

'Western Wealth Redistribution'
David, I looked it up and you were right! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D according to GOOGLE
Redistribution of income and redistribution of wealth are respectively the transfer of income and of wealth (including physical property) from some individuals to others by means of a social mechanism such as taxation, charity, welfare, public services, land reform, monetary policies, confiscation, divorce or tort law.

A couple of weeks ago I watched a documentary about the human body clock. Briefly you can train yourself adjust your internal body clock. So if you want to wake up earlier you should expose yourself to more daylight earlier in the day; even sleeping with your curtains open. If you want to wake up later you need to expose yourself to more daylight later in the evening. Of course that means you'll get to sleep later but increases your chances of sleeping through the night. That's what this documentary said anyway.
I'll try the sleep later method first :thumbsup::p

Last edited:
Catching up on a few I missed...

Looks like bright and shiny horn to me. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Another Sunny day my friends. :D
View attachment 1125357
Your wife is a very good artist. Great backdrop for your awesome Lamb.:thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning everyone - hope it's a good one for y'all.
Here's my Buf. Horn getting next to a wild Wood (Wood's?) Rose that I stuck in a pot so it can get steady H2O throughout the summer.
View attachment 1125381
OG
Oh that is a lovely photo with your Lamb laying among the flowers. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

It's all shiney! We no like shiney...:D
That's the fun thing about Carbon, it won't stay shiny for long... but then I can polish it again. :D

A recycled shot as myself and this little lady have done absolutely nothing today.:thumbsup:
3mdzljN.jpg
Nothing wrong with doing nothing. :D

Crappy indoor pic. Great cheese.
View attachment 1125437
Nice one Taylor, that cheese looks like something I'd enjoy. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

Catching up on a few I missed...

Looks like bright and shiny horn to me. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Your wife is a very good artist. Great backdrop for your awesome Lamb.:thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh that is a lovely photo with your Lamb laying among the flowers. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

That's the fun thing about Carbon, it won't stay shiny for long... but then I can polish it again. :D

Nothing wrong with doing nothing. :D

Nice one Taylor, that cheese looks like something I'd enjoy. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:
It's really good, just ate it on a plain triscut cracker.

Thanks, Dennis. :)
I do get up early, usually between 4:00 and 4:15. I set my alarm for 4:30 but I usually beat it up. I like my early mornings with the quietness and a pot of black coffee. It's when I do all my prep work for the day's classes, grade papers, and record grades. I'm usually in bed by 9:30ish and usually take a nap in the afternoon.

That's an early start John. I often wake up that sort of time in the summer, and it's a good time for me, I can get a lot done, and it's very quiet and peaceful :) In the winter, I generally wake up a couple of hours later, unless I set an alarm :thumbsup:
This time of year, I start to gradually shift to "summer hours" of waking up very early. It's nice to have a
few quiet hours of relatively cool temperatures. By high summer, it's too hot in the afternoon to do anything productive.

Flitz? We don't need no stinkin' Flitz! :p
IqXhxOe.jpg

That's a lovely sunny shot GT. Your another one on here that manages to make your photos "look" warm... :D Anyway Cracker Jack looks cracking! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words, David. :) My pics probably look warm because I tend to wait to get outdoor shots, and I won't go out if it isn't reasonably warm, or at least sunny, outside. :rolleyes: Also, I don't take new pics of my knives very often, but instead try to get one or two "good ones" (warm ones?? ;)) that I use repeatedly; basically many of my knife photos are taken in summer and used throughout the year.

This your AC stag lambsfoot is Awesome!!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, Gary. Your AC is looking sharp as usual!
Some awesome stag on your AC GT.
Thanks Gary! :) Cracker Jack is looking beautiful in that sunshine! :thumbsup: :)
José, Vince, Dwight, & Ron, thanks for all the positive remarks about Cracker Jack, gents!! :)

No incompetence over here eh? :p Star Wars
Those guys are hosers, Dave, but that's a good episode, eh? :thumbsup::cool::D

GT, thanks for the Doris Day . . . be still my heart!
:D Glad you liked it, Jeff. She's outstanding in The Man Who Knew Too Much, which is a fantastic Hitchcock film! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

After the usually huffing and eyerolling, I got a raised eyebrow in picqued interest when I mentioned it was from one of Sheffield's last great cutleries still operating. Her mother is British (Norwich) and her older sister was born there (a fact she is terribly jealous of). After her ancestry dna test last year, we confirmed she is as British as a jar of clotted cream. Most goods from England are of interest in that family (note to self...buy more British cutlery).

On to the pictures:
Congrats on the two fine lambsfoots; as others have noted, that Damascus stag senator is outstanding! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: Cool story about your wife's changing attitude about the knives (what subject does she teach?). I may have to try that geographical link with MY wife; she's from Indiana, and maybe I could get her approval for a knife built/designed by a fellow Hoosier such as Tony Bose. :rolleyes::thumbsup::D

All-Consuming AC, @Travman! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: You've got a groovy thing goin', baby! ;):rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians! It’s a ‘19 Ironwood for me today! :D

33558286548_0474c7b4e0_b_d.jpg
Dignified and distinguished DI, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

It sure is turning into a heck of a week! I went back to the phone store, I think they must just be working on commission for every new customer or something, because they had no interest in trying to improve the service, and basically admitted they'd told me a load of rubbish the other week! They even suggested cancelling the contract before I did! o_O That leaves me with no home internet connection though, so until I can sort something else out, I'm just going to have to tether through my mobile phone :rolleyes:
Sounds like May is starting out less than ideal for you, Jack :(:thumbsdown:; maybe the origin of "May Day" as a distress call was from someone in a situation similar to yours. :rolleyes:

Missed yesterday and am now seven + pages behind:eek: I'll see what I can do about getting somewhat caught up, but, going to be gone most of today and tomorrow. Like yesterday today is wet and cold, when the weather clears, I'll have a lot of yard work to do. I may be never current in this thread again:( Oh well, have a wonderful Wednesday Guardians, hoping life is good to you.
DSC_0257.JPG
What a powerfully impressive pair, Preston! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
1w83DRq.jpg

I love baseball cards. They pack tons of stats on the back.
Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
Cool shot, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I haven't looked at a baseball card in decades, I'll bet. Back then, they'd show HR, RBI, BA, and maybe a few other stats. Back in the early 1980s, I became a disciple of the "sabermetricians" like Bill James who were proposing improved stats to analyze baseball. Quite controversial at the time, but now here's SLG and OPS (from which we can easily compute OBP) and WAR right on the card! Analytics gone mainstream!
Your AC is definitely major league! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks pal, great to see your Cracker Jack. Wright's don't use that stamp much, and have only ever used it on fixed-blades, but I'm hoping it will look great on a Barlow bolster :) Here's a rather poor pic :thumbsup:

LzDnQwj.jpg

Thanks, Jack. :) That will make a classy and distinctive bolster stamp! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Next Tuesday the moving truck arrives, Wednesday we unload at the new home :) Today we go to the Lawyers to sign on the dotted line, we are burnt out and not even unpacked yet...:rolleyes: as Winston Churchhill said. "If you're going through Hell keep on going" :thumbsup:
View attachment 1124792
Hang in there, Dave; you'll have all summer to rest, recover, and enjoy the new digs! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A wonderful duo!!:):thumbsup:

2qjydcm.jpg
Great photo of a marvelous pair, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I really like that "wavy wood" you've used for background in some of your recent pics! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Does a pic with berry vines in it count? Edited later to say - NO :oops:
View attachment 1124833
Splendid pic, OG! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you're getting beat up some, but I know you'll come out Vicious um...Victorious!! :cool::thumbsup: But what a dandy Lamb to help you through the pain and the stupid people!

One side just as great as the other:):thumbsup:

Love how the sun really shows off the grain!! ;):thumbsup:

Most excellent trademark theme you're developing there, John!!:cool::thumbsup:

Very cool shot, Mark!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta agree, the Ironwood laid on the old wood with dark vains just make it stand out!:eek::thumbsup:

Another wonderful example, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

I think Stupid is contagious these days, and so many people are so unwilling to make things right for the customers! Unreasonable people make life so difficult!:mad:

And what a beauty it is, Mr. John!!

I'm right there with you, Preston, can't catch up and keep up.
But glad I got to see your post, most excellent!!:cool::thumbsup:

Such wonderful stag on that one, Vince!:):thumbsup:

Just beautiful, Taylor, brings a tear to my eyes!
The flower is nice too!:D:thumbsup:

Very nice, Harvey! Really love that one! Great foto of it.:cool::thumbsup:

Hope you get settled in well, no pain or broken family heirlooms!
SHARP looking blade you have there, Dave!!:):thumbsup: Great looker!

I would say....great shot, OG!;):thumbsup:

Another wonderful wood-on-wood shot, Barry!:cool::thumbsup:

Such a grand and calming photo, Jack!!:):thumbsup:

Shows the love you're giving her!:D:thumbsup: Great Keyboard Knife!
Mine today...
P9FSPF7.jpg
I really appreciate your comprehensive posts, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Fantastic pic :thumbsup::):thumbsup: (but I'm not sure what I'm looking at besides the first-class knife :rolleyes:).

I slipped my ebony '18 into my trouser pockets today, but forgot to check said pockets beforehand, so I actually ended up carrying 3 Lambsfoot knives! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

cuvreFS.jpg

qXsDODe.jpg

HOSdQBj.jpg
Triumphant triumvirate of lambsfoots, Jack!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Would you like to borrow some bandoliers to handle all the knives you're carrying?? :rolleyes:

Cracker Jack again today (and through Sunday):
CJ.pile.open.box.jpg

- GT

Back