Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

2IughRm.jpg
aIdlIWw.jpg
IOzaOWG.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, a new guardian has recieved his Lambsfoot and is reporting for duty!
Great pics and welcome :cool:
Now copy a banner you like from a post, paste it into your signature and fly the colors ;)
OG

I am new to the forum and saw Guardians of The Lambsfoot. I am intrigued, i love lambsfoot and dare i say it sheepsfoot as well. Love their design and their history. If i have been a heathen for mentioning sheepsfoot, please except my apologies. If there are any rules or information about Guardians of The Lambsfoot please let me know, Thanks.

Lovely old knife, Jack, and very neat old box as well.

Great to see some other old Lambfoot models mixed in with the new ones, thanks all.

Thank you very much my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Beautiful Rodgers Jack.

Thank you Dwight :) :thumbsup:

The more I look at this patter the more like it and think it would suit my edc needs well.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which websites to purchase from for shipping to USA and which makers arent so much of a gamble buying sight unseen.

I'm willing to spend around 50 dollars for the knife not including shipping costs. Any idea on average shipping costs across the pond? I would prefer wood handles or stag. I really like the look of stag on this patter though.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Travis

Thanks for your interest in the Lambsfoot pattern Travis :thumbsup: As per the subforum guidelines (https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...tional-folders-fixed-blades-sub-forum.530532/), we try to keep commercial discussion out of this thread, talking about the knives themselves, rather than the BUYING of knives. If you ever become a paid BF member, I'd be happy to send you specific advice by private message. If you go to post #1, you'll find a link to the thread index, which will give you good information on current makers. There are also still some very nice old Lambsfoot knives to be found :thumbsup:

2IughRm.jpg
aIdlIWw.jpg
IOzaOWG.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, a new guardian has recieved his Lambsfoot and is reporting for duty!

Great to see you here David, I'm glad your Lambsfoot made it :) Welcome to the Guardians, I hope you enjoy using your knife :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I plan on enjoying this knife as I think they're meant to be. By dropping it in my pocket and toting it to work tomorrow. It it a beautiful knife, but also stout and says " I'm built for WORK!" I often think ,handling a knife from a small company, the employees have a closer connection to their products. Not to say someone working for Case or Buck doesn't feel pride in their products, I'm sure they do. But its easy for me to imagine someone at GEC or the Sheffield makers looking at a knife they've created in their hand,and hoping it finds its way to someone who'll appreciate it and their work. Well to the last person at A. Wright and Sons to hold this one before it left your doors and maybe pondered its fate, if you should read this,I appreciate your work.

Good for you David :) :thumbsup:

About 24 hours ago, I "multi-quoted" a large number of posts from 8-10 pages in the thread. I often select posts before bed at night and then post responses to them before breakfast the next morning :thumbsup::thumbsup:, and that was my intent last night. But when I got up this morning I discovered that my computer (or the gremlins that control it) had decided to update several software apps and to reboot the computer. All of my lambsfoot multi-quotes disappeared with the restart. :eek::mad: I went through my post selection process again this morning, but then got too busy to post responses. So I'll do that in the morning. :rolleyes:

I'm really here now just to post another photo of my horn lambsfoot I'm carrying this week, the inimitable Lam Jack:
View attachment 1128511

- GT

That's infuriating GT! :mad: Thanks for all your efforts my friend, that's a great pic of your Lam Jack :thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - GT I lose quotes all the time without a reboot. That Horn Lam Jack is a looker of a lamb brother. Sleep well.

Same here Dwight :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I am new to the forum and saw Guardians of The Lambsfoot. I am intrigued, i love lambsfoot and dare i say it sheepsfoot as well. Love their design and their history. If i have been a heathen for mentioning sheepsfoot, please except my apologies. If there are any rules or information about Guardians of The Lambsfoot please let me know, Thanks.

Welcome to The Porch Cudgee, and thanks for your interest in the Lambsfoot pattern :thumbsup: Please read post #1, and also see the link to the index for the Guardians thread, also please read the sub-forum guidelines I linked to above (yes, they're confusing unfortunately, but please keep commercial discussion out of this thread). If you have a Lambsfoot knife already, please post a pic here in this thread (using code from a photo hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket), but not the other xxxxxfoot please ;) You'll then be a Guardian of the Lambsfoot :thumbsup: You might also want to look at getting a paid BF membership, they're inexpensive, and as well as helping support the site, they bring certain 'privileges', such as direct uploading pf photographs, private messaging, and being able to add the Guardians banner (or anything else you fancy) to your sig line (that's the space below each post) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is hale and hearty :) I haven't carried this TEW in a while, so thought I'd take it out for a spin :thumbsup:

FRWgteS.jpg

Thanks mate. Just finding my way around the forum, but i am a complete hack when it comes to computers so finding it a bit confusing. YES i do have a Lambsfoot but cannot post a picture because i have no idea. Thank you for your kind words and humor.:thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Just finding my way around the forum, but i am a complete hack when it comes to computers so finding it a bit confusing. YES i do have a Lambsfoot but cannot post a picture because i have no idea. Thank you for your kind words and humor.:thumbsup:

You're in good company! :D It's worth spending a bit of time getting to know the forum, as well as this thread :) In terms of posting pics, you can set up a free account with a photo hosting site such as Imgur quickly, and it doesn't cost anything. Photos can then be uploaded from your computer, and you can select code (BBCode) to copy and paste here, which will display your photo. Take your time though :thumbsup:

Look out for pumas in the crevasses!
That's hilarious Rachel, I had never heard of the Smothers Brothers, had to look them up! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks for that link, Rachel; I remember seeing that bit on their TV show when I was in high school. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: I certainly thought they were hilarious and I watched them every Sunday night, but I won't say more because they came to be quite controversial and political.

I agree, both sides are fantastic. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
It's a cracker of a jack, GT. :cool:
Both sides are extraordinary, Gary. Nice pics with the leaves.
Simply gorgeous GT! My AC has a much more dramatic pile side as well.
Thank you GT, you're very kind :) Those are great comparison shots, once again I'm kicking myself for not taking more pile side pics! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks GT :) Great pic of your Cracker Jack :) :thumbsup:
Love the shots of your Cracker Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
Nice pictures, You're quite right Gary, I also like more the pile side!;):thumbsup:
Love ole Cracker Jack! :thumbsup: :)
Don't mind seeing Cracker Jack again and again, Gary, It's a wonderful knife.
John, Vince, Dwight, Jack, Mark, José, Ron, & Preston,
Thanks for the affirmation for my stag AC. :)

Thanks GT. It's been a few years since I was on a basketball court and when I was I don't recall any scouts being in the stands. :D
View attachment 1127047
I can relate to that! :p:thumbsup:
Another glamor shot of that stupendous Damascus stag lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6sRKx7p.jpg

Lucy says she'd love to star in that film! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Lucy certainly looks good enough to be a movie star, Jack!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here’s a “new” old M. Hunter&Son Lambfoot. View attachment 1127090

View attachment 1127091

View attachment 1127092
Congrats, Harvey! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: That blade stamp is certainly appropriate for you: you're an impressive lambsfoot hunter! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. Pretty exciting season so far. ...
For a long time the Astros were my NL team and the Yankees my AL team, but Selig ruined things by moving the Astros to the AL after 50 years in the NL. (I HATE the DH!) Gotta go for the home team, though. Gonna be a great season! :)
I admire your enthusiasm, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't seem to be nearly the dedicated MLB fan that I was in the 20th century. :(

Thanks, GT! That was just shot outside on a page from an old "Farmers Manual" I have. I then apply a "vignette" filter that darkens the edges and just ended up with that effect. So, a total accident, lol!

No trick photography here, my friend! That's the twins.;)
Thanks for the photography info, Mark. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I should probably mess around with filters on my pics sometime, just for fun.

There's something special about the lowly rosewood:thumbsup::cool:...
Amen, brother! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I've heard that blond horn lambsfoots (horny blonds?? :confused:) have more fun. :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Those shades look like they belong with the old license plate in the garage! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thank you Gary, yes it looks like Sleeping Beauty Castle, but this one is called Palácio da Pena and is in Sintra near Lisbon.:):thumbsup:
Thanks for the additional info, José. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I am still intrigued by this historical atlas and find something interesting every time I open it :thumbsup:
View attachment 1127164
Cool photo, Darren! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Emmylou wishes a Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and I wish the same to all you muthas.
Hope it's a GREAT one :D
OG
View attachment 1127190
Today.
ylEZaNc.jpg
Old Guy, your greeting made me laugh! :D:D Your and David's pics are very colorful and amazingly similar! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, unfortunately it's certainly aged since that photo was taken. :( I'm glad you keep reminding us of the names of your herd 'cos with the best will in the world I still can't name them all by sight :oops:
The names are really just for me, David; I don't expect the rest of you to keep up with my idiosyncrasies! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Memorable "brush stroke grain" on that Ironwood, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Vince... Dennis... John... Just as long as I'm not Late To Dinner. :D
Maybe the challenge is that you're one of the few that actually have their names explicitly in their username. :rolleyes::confused:

I couldn't agree with you more GT! Never been so smitten with a knife. Thank you.

It sharpened up quite nicely with little effort Jack. GT hit the nail on the head. These lambs are superb on so many levels. Thank you my friend.
...View attachment 1127440
One of my favorite things about BF is witnessing members' enthusiasm for their knives!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Part 2 :rolleyes:
The Lambsfoot is cutting right through them, and they are tasty!
Rarely go wrong with ravishing ribs!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Gary! I just TRY to keep up with everyone here, such great photos and comments!

Preston commented below about the black ware / pottery technique, that is pretty popular in the Southwest.
Got a scope in my future, the Cardiologist wants a closer look. :(
Thanks for the pottery info, Dennis (and Preston). :):cool::cool:
I hope you start feeling better ASAP!

Morning Guardians, I'm having to rush a bit this morning as I have a couple of medical appointments today, the first of which is just with the physio about my Tennis Elbow. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start :thumbsup:

pDtWQD1.jpg
Jack I hope the medical appointments went well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Looks like spring has finally arrived! :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Today I'm going Ironwood Bigun! :cool: ...
33652199128_be608d6cc5_b.jpg
Enjoy the Big Iron, Ron; it's a looker! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My last post for a few days as we will be going offline until I'm hooked up at the new place:D
View attachment 1127552
Best wishes for the move, and I hope we'll see you toting' the Totem soon, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I thought it might be useful here to give an explanation about what the terms master cutler and Master Cutler actually mean, and meant historically. ...
Thanks for the fascinating and historically informative post, Jack. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I will take those unfiltered images this p.m. I’m a bit self-conscious about my use of filters, mainly because there are those who look down their noses at the use of filters. So here is my boring justification. As a former photographer(B&W photojournalist), the use of filters were forbidden. Decades later, missing photography, I created a self-challenge, consisting of only using the iPhone, shooting primarily in color, and having fun with post-processing. I try to keep it real, but enhance with filters, like clarify, sharpening, color saturation, etc. The final challenge was(is) to create my own interpretation of the old glamor Hollywood pinups. One example would be a WW2 Betty Grable in her bathing suit. That’s my vision, but the knives are my pinup glamour subjects. Thank you for reading(slogging).
Thanks for the insight into your motivation for your distinctive pics, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Speaking of Betty Grable, soon I'll be driving the babes even wilder, and instantly!
At fifty cents, worth a try.
I admire your unbridled optimism, Jer! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

.....Specifically - Many aspects of gardening/agriculture (lots of usage there), plus fly fishing, roadside wiring repairs on an old motorcycle.... I live in the country in MA near the VT border, so a simple carry knife (sometimes carry a Barlow) is a basic necessity.
Thanks for the info about how you use your lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Alright, everything is sorted out with A.Wright. It takes about a week to make a knife with the nail nick on the other side, so my lefty in Buffalo, Stag, and lemon/lime will all be shipping when the lefty is ready. Then I can add the Guardians banner to my sig!
Congrats! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Big’un arrived! A cool city map, postcard, keychain, pin, and coin also came along! Thanks so much, Jack!
84-A8-CD4-A-C82-A-4-DFF-BC94-2-C5-EF6-D38-EDE.jpg

Thanks guys! The big’un is a good size—not too big and not too small. ...
Congrats on the wonderful swag, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Jack continues to amaze! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I don't have any military experience, but don't all those "chevrons" on the horn handle indicate that you've been promoted in the ranks of the Guardians?? ;) Your size comments make me want to call your new knife Little Big Horn! :rolleyes::p

Good Morning Guardians
Fantastic shot, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lam Jack again:
jan18.gl.pile.open.bht.jpg

- GT

Today arrived the "18", plus a very practical plastic box, a very beautiful Yorkshire photo guide, postcard, pin and coin also made the knife company. Many thanks for your dedication Jack!:D:thumbsup:

124bg2q.jpg

This "18" is really a wonder, I love it, thank you again Jack.

346n98z.jpg
1z1eglt.jpg
eq9ifc.jpg
28jyvs7.jpg
Congratulations Jose! :thumbsup: :)

Good to see your meat and potatoes knife Ron :) :thumbsuup:
That’s a great description Jack! :)

2IughRm.jpg
aIdlIWw.jpg
IOzaOWG.jpg

Congratulations David! :thumbsup: :)

Memorable "brush stroke grain" on that Ironwood, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! :)

Enjoy the Big Iron, Ron; it's a looker! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks Gary! :)

Good morning Guardians! :) Today I’ve got an Ebony ‘18 with me! :)

43486918111_660279fc2b_b_d.jpg

Maybe the challenge is that you're one of the few that actually have their names explicitly in their username.
Being confused with Vince and Dennis is fine, they both seem like outstanding people. I'll take it as a compliment. :D

Fantastic shot, John!
Thank you very much, GT. :)

Lovely two blade, Jack.
A small, a big 'un, and a two blade are definitely on my short list of desired knives.

Be still my heart... Ebony and rat tail perfection. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back