Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning, Guardians!
eTQyQdh.jpg

In my pocket now. Old pic, though. (I've polished the blade.)

I wonder if the erratic behaviour of many medieval kings could be blamed on head injury. Men of nobility received martial training from an early age, during which it was ineviatble they must of received blows to the head. Something akin to boxers or NFL players of today. Could explain a lot in history... :oops::)

Head trauma, in-breeding, unlimited power, failed poisoning attempts, venereal disease, booze...Could be any number of reasons so many of them were barmy! :eek: :D

Yesterday I nipped to the Lancashire Mining Museum for their small but enjoyable Steam Heritage Festival, so I'll stick some photos up.
yE3CEDO.jpg

It's the last intact pithead in the South Lancashire Coalfields.
TcmBKlo.jpg

So it's old vehicles, steam tractors, old tractors, and the original winding engine.
pKatgBN.jpg

WpDEPzY.jpg

gZ7IREL.jpg

Fantastic pics David, that looks like a great day out :) I think I recognise a few of those vehicles from other steam events :thumbsup:

Happy B-day, Dave! View attachment 1131737
Mine was on the 3rd!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!:):thumbsup:

Oh, so lovely!
Been forging some Damascus?:D:thumbsup:

Beautiful shot, Ron!:eek::thumbsup:

Seeing red this morning, John! Nice foto!!:cool::thumbsup:

Getting ready for tornado threats, so I am sorry if I missed anyone, like I think I did yesterday!:(
Have a great Monday!:cool::thumbsup:
oteIIGU.jpg

A belated Happy Birthday Dennis, stay safe buddy, excellent pic :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. The Unity image is gorgeous.

David those old machines are incredible. What a wonderful day spent among those jewels.

Happy Birthday Dave! I will toast your health tonight my friend. :)

Have a great week Guardians.View attachment 1131745

Thank you Dwight, that's a beautiful atmospheric shot :) :thumbsup:

Wow I just assumed England celebrated the Queens Birthday. We've been celebrating the hell out of it over here in Canada. That and anything else that helps make up a long weekend. Bring it on I say.:cool::thumbsup:

You can afford to! :p :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

@dc50 Dave,
Both I, and more importantly, Senator Man Jack, my lambsfoot companion this week, wish you a Joyous Birthday! :cool::cool::thumbsup::)
View attachment 1131750

In fact, I'd wager that every last man jack (and woman jill) of us also wish a belated Happy Birthday to Dennis and Happy BF Anniversary to Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:.

- GT

Here! Here! :) Nice pic of your Man Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

Thanks OG, that's a tempting offer, you just never know! I remember years ago pheasant hunting in South Dakota having to stop and wait for thousands(yes, really) of pheasants to fly and/or walk across the road from one field to another.

They are certainly not the brightest of birds! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I sort of remember drinking Rusty Nails, would wake up with the most awful hangover:eek::rolleyes::eek:

What a great photographic tour of the area, David. Thanks, seeing all the old machinery and vehicles reminds me of how difficult a life folks had in that time. I think the same when I see the old wagon trails here through the plains and mountains of Colorado...
Having rain and fog this AM...not nice out but I have to run errands. Hope your day goes great Guardians! I'll carry the Senator with me today.
DSC_0336.JPG

I'm not bad thankfully Preston :) Apparently, they were Oliver Reed's favourite drink, which probably isn't a strong recommendation! :eek: :D Hope you get your errands done OK my friend, beautiful knife :) :thumbsup:

Head trauma, in-breeding, unlimited power, failed poisoning attempts, venereal disease, booze...Could be any number of reasons so many of them were barmy! :eek: :D

Fantastic pics David, that looks like a great day out :) I think I recognise a few of those vehicles from other steam events :thumbsup:

A belated Happy Birthday Dennis, stay safe buddy, excellent pic :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight, that's a beautiful atmospheric shot :) :thumbsup:

You can afford to! :p :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Here! Here! :) Nice pic of your Man Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

They are certainly not the brightest of birds! :D :thumbsup:

I'm not bad thankfully Preston :) Apparently, they were Oliver Reed's favourite drink, which probably isn't a strong recommendation! :eek: :D Hope you get your errands done OK my friend, beautiful knife :) :thumbsup:
Oliver Reed pourtrayed drunks well, didn't he? Bill Sykes, Athos, etc.

Oliver Reed pourtrayed drunks well, didn't he? Bill Sykes, Athos, etc.

Yes, I doubt he was ever sober! :eek: :D

I heard an interview with the actor who played Oliver as a child. He was asked what it was like acting with Oliver Reed, and said that as Reed was apparently a method actor, and insisted on being in character as Bill Sykes throughout the filming, it was a rather unpleasant experience! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Blimey! You folks have been busy while I've been snoozing! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
...I'm afraid the video wouldn't play for me OG, but that is an absolutely amazing photo :) :thumbsup:
...Good point about the timber patterns, I like the two-tone patterns seen on several of the Second 20 :) The Ironwood turned out to be much more interesting than I'd originally expected. Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:
...You are posting some stunning photos of your Ironwood '19 Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack - Sorry about the video - first try and all. You're not missing much, anyway. Glad you liked the pic - I've got others that will show up off and on, probably ad nauseam
Dwight does take some fantastic photos for sure. But look at what he has to work with :)
I have yet to see a 2019 that isn't enviable. Great choice :cool: Thanks again :thumbsup:
I wonder if the erratic behaviour of many medieval kings could be blamed on head injury.
Thanks for posting that! I'm glad my memory isn't as bad as I think it is.:)
That was quite the feat then to climb that, especially given how sheer it is.
That's a great pitch; imagine spending the night out there and waking up to that view. :eek::)

Yesterday I nipped to the Lancashire Mining Museum for their small but enjoyable Steam Heritage Festival, so I'll stick some photos up.
yE3CEDO.jpg

It's the last intact pithead in the South Lancashire Coalfields.
TcmBKlo.jpg

So it's old vehicles, steam tractors, old tractors, and the original winding engine.
pKatgBN.jpg

WpDEPzY.jpg

gZ7IREL.jpg
Glad you enjoyed the info. He certainly performed an amazing feat! Talk about tenacity :eek:
Fantastic pics! Thank you :thumbsup: I really enjoyed the interior shots of the works and felt part of the tour. Did they happen to fire the steamers up?

Thanks OG, that's a tempting offer, you just never know! ...
Thanks Jack, I sort of remember drinking Rusty Nails, would wake up with the most awful hangover:eek::rolleyes::eek:
That offer is also always open to one and all and is only a PM away
Never had that experience with Rusty Nails but there sure was a time or two in my youth when I forced my reluctant and hurting eyes to open and find an empty bottle of Jack Daniels next to my pounding head :eek:
Happy Birthday, Dave
@dc50 Hey, Dave - another Happy Birthday wish, brother!
Bocephus_400_HDR.jpg
OG

Last edited:
Thank you, Jack - Sorry about the video - first try and all. You're not missing much, anyway. Glad you liked the pic - I've got others that will show up off and on, probably ad nauseam
Dwight does take some fantastic photos for sure. But look at what he has to work with :)
I have yet to see a 2019 that isn't enviable. Great choice :cool: Thanks again :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed the info. He certainly performed an amazing feat! Talk about tenacity :eek:
Fantastic pics! Thank you :thumbsup: I really enjoyed the interior shots of the works and felt part of the tour. Did they happen to fire the steamers up?

Never had that experience with Rusty Nails but there sure was a time or two in my youth when I forced my reluctant and hurting eyes to open and find an empty bottle of Jack Daniels next to my pounding head :eek:

@dc50 Hey, Dave - another Happy Birthday wish!
View attachment 1131842
OG

Hey, no worries OG :) You can keep those pics coming all day for me my friend :) Yes, incredible tenacity. I have never done any Big Wall climbing, but have had friends who have scaled El Cap :) You've just reminded me I have a leftover Rusty Nail in the fridge! :D :thumbsup:

After reading through this forum, I thought I would see what all the fuss is about; so, I bought a Rodger's lambs foot foot from a fellow blade forum member. While it is smaller than I imagined, I do like it. Now, maybe I will move on to a A. Wright. It will be a user.

After reading through this forum, I thought I would see what all the fuss is about; so, I bought a Rodger's lambs foot foot from a fellow blade forum member. While it is smaller than I imagined, I do like it. Now, maybe I will move on to a A. Wright. It will be a user.

Good for you WHT WHT :thumbsup: If you post a pic, you'll instantly be transformed into a Guardian! ;) :thumbsup:

Glad to see you found your way here :thumbsup: Hope to see you again and I also hope you enjoy your visits. We sure do :D
OG

Wow I just assumed England celebrated the Queens Birthday. We've been celebrating the hell out of it over here in Canada. That and anything else that helps make up a long weekend. Bring it on I say.:cool::thumbsup:

I think it's because our political overlords think we all spend to much time away from the coalface as it is...:rolleyes:

Getting ready for tornado threats, so I am sorry if I missed anyone, like I think I did yesterday!:(
Have a great Monday!:cool::thumbsup:
oteIIGU.jpg

Tornados. Eeek!:eek: Good luck; I can't imagine having the possibility of something like that happening.

David those old machines are incredible. What a wonderful day spent among those jewels.
View attachment 1131745

Thanks Dwight, it's a shame the aforementioned political overloads are trying to get them banned.:rolleyes::mad:
That's a great shot; but between your very autuminal pic, OG's Yosemite snow and Preston's fog and rain I'm beginning to feel we've skipped a season or two. :oops:

What a great photographic tour of the area, David. Thanks, seeing all the old machinery and vehicles reminds me of how difficult a life folks had in that time. I think the same when I see the old wagon trails here through the plains and mountains of Colorado...
Having rain and fog this AM...not nice out but I have to run errands. Hope your day goes great Guardians! I'll carry the Senator with me today.
DSC_0336.JPG
Good looking Senator there. I hope the weather improves for you.
Yip, people had it tougher until only very recently. I'm only 46 but my own dad used traction engines just like those during the harvest on the farm. I think were a bit spoilt these days. :cool:

donn donn I would agree with your thinking on erratic behavior as a major cause, along with all the other medical and genetic abnormalities, not to mention the so called “Divine Right of Kings.”
I also wouldn’t leave out the British Historian, Lord Acton’s “Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.” All this sounds like a perfect recipe for Historical mayhem.

Note: I feel like I’m back in school.:)

The images from the Lancashire Mining Museum were brilliant. Thank you David.

Good Morning Guardians
View attachment 1131811

Your welcome Harvey. :thumbsup:
Hadn't even thought of the "Divine Right of Kings". King Charles I plunged England into civil war and eventually lost his own head because of his belief in that.
Though it didn't apply to them all as some rulers were very good (at least to their own people and in respect to what good kingship was considered to be) and very popular with the people.
That's a damned tasty photo you posted there btw. :):thumbsup:

My mates say I'm barmy but I only make two out of the six. :D
Aye, I've definately seen some of those traction engines before; definately at the Cheshire Show and maybe Dreadnought (the large yellow and maroon one) at Pickering.

OG

Thanks OG. The winding engine still runs but on compressed air nowadays. Unfortunately I got there to late to buy the separate ticket needed to see it but there'll be other times. I only live an hours walk away from the place.

Thank you Jack. The Unity image is gorgeous.

Happy Birthday Dave! I will toast your health tonight my friend. :)

Have a great week Guardians.View attachment 1131745
Your AC is just outstanding, Dwight, as is your photo of it. The fog was thicker here this AM, the rain turned to snow! Big wet globs of slush!
IMG_1132.JPG

@mitch4ging Hey Dennis, belatedly wishing you a belated Happy Birthday. Also wishing you and yours, safe passage throuhout Tornado Season.

@Dave, Big Happy Birthday. Despite the chaos attending the move, I hope you can sneak in a nap or two.:) Your two Lambs are beautiful, especially the bottom one.

donn donn I would agree with your thinking on erratic behavior as a major cause, along with all the other medical and genetic abnormalities, not to mention the so called “Divine Right of Kings.”
I also wouldn’t leave out the British Historian, Lord Acton’s “Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.” All this sounds like a perfect recipe for Historical mayhem.

Note: I feel like I’m back in school.:)

The images from the Lancashire Mining Museum were brilliant. Thank you David.

@Fodderwing Dwight, Great moody image of your AC. Love how the foggy background adds to sharp Lambsfoot.

@5K Qs GT, your image of Senator Man Jack is a handsome one.

pjsjr pjsjr Preston, your Senator looks fantastic.

@Misplaced Hillbilly “Hail to the Queen.”

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you as well, Jack. Beautiful Lambsfoot you have there. Love that anvil.

Good Morning Guardians
View attachment 1131811
Thanks Harvey, your muffin and Lambsfoot look delicious...especially the muffin, it's past my lunch time so going to make this post and go eat.
Good morning, Guardians!
eTQyQdh.jpg

In my pocket now. Old pic, though. (I've polished the blade.)
No problem I never get

@dc50 Hey, Dave - another Happy Birthday wish, brother!
View attachment 1131842
OG
Thanks for the invitation...
Hank is one of my favorites.
I think it's because our political overlords think we all spend to much time away from the coalface as it is...:rolleyes:

Tornados. Eeek!:eek: Good luck; I can't imagine having the possibility of something like that happening.

Thanks Dwight, it's a shame the aforementioned political overloads are trying to get them banned.:rolleyes::mad:
That's a great shot; but between your very autuminal pic, OG's Yosemite snow and Preston's fog and rain I'm beginning to feel we've skipped a season or two. :oops:

Good looking Senator there. I hope the weather improves for you.
Yip, people had it tougher until only very recently. I'm only 46 but my own dad used traction engines just like those during the harvest on the farm. I think were a bit spoilt these days. :cool:

Your welcome Harvey. :thumbsup:
Hadn't even thought of the "Divine Right of Kings". King Charles I plunged England into civil war and eventually lost his own head because of his belief in that.
Though it didn't apply to them all as some rulers were very good (at least to their own people and in respect to what good kingship was considered to be) and very popular with the people.
That's a damned tasty photo you posted there btw. :):thumbsup:

My mates say I'm barmy but I only make two out of the six. :D
Aye, I've definately seen some of those traction engines before; definately at the Cheshire Show and maybe Dreadnought (the large yellow and maroon one) at Pickering.

Thanks OG. The winding engine still runs but on compressed air nowadays. Unfortunately I got there to late to buy the separate ticket needed to see it but there'll be other times. I only live an hours walk away from the place.

David as you can see the weather has turned for the worse...I have a video of the snow, but can't figure out how to upload it.:mad:
Welcome to the Guardians, that is a handsome Lambsfoot!

Your AC is just outstanding, Dwight, as is your photo of it. The fog was thicker here this AM, the rain turned to snow! Big wet globs of slush!
IMG_1132.JPG

Thanks Harvey, your muffin and Lambsfoot look delicious...especially the muffin, it's past my lunch time so going to make this post and go eat.

No problem I never get

Thanks for the invitation...
Hank is one of my favorites.

David as you can see the weather has turned for the worse...I have a video of the snow, but can't figure out how to upload it.:mad:

Welcome to the Guardians, that is a handsome Lambsfoot!
Thank you Preston. Nice weather image.

Back