Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning Guardians from the wacky weather state of Colorado! Last night and through this morning the snow gods descended on my area and dropped 8-10 inches of the heavy white stuff.
The first photo is basically the same as the one posted in 21625 taken about a half hour ago. The second shows the droop on my maple tree, it's not broken yet, hope it survives this storm.
IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG
Wow! We're expecting a high of 96 today.

Yikes :eek: pjsjr pjsjr - real pretty but I'm glad it missed us here. :D Enjoy this "last bit" of winter.

Ray
It's 30 here right now and still have light snow falling. This is the latest snow fall and the heaviest I can remember and I've lived in Colorado all my life save for four years in the US Army.

Morning Guardians from the wacky weather state of Colorado! Last night and through this morning the snow gods descended on my area and dropped 8-10 inches of the heavy white stuff.
The first photo is basically the same as the one posted in 21625 taken about a half hour ago. The second shows the droop on my maple tree, it's not broken yet, hope it survives this storm.
IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG
Did the maple tree make it? We have been dealing with rainy and cold weather weird for middle/end of May.

The posts quoted below come from the weekend, when the temperature in my neighborhood neared 80˚ F. So most of the knives I single out below are AC models, since air conditioners may soon be helpful. ;) (The high temperature on Monday was only 50˚, though :(.)

When I ran into Dave, he kept pleading with me to "open the pod bay doors." I told him "I can't do that, Dave." ;)
:D:D:thumbsup: Good one, HAL, er, Vince!

Hey folks, do you remember the hinged metal tins I sent out with the 2019 Guardians knives, (and with some of the DamLambs)? Has anyone done anything with theirs, using it in any way? I'm going to use mine for a wee fire kit for when I go out hiking, but would love to know what everyone else is doing with theirs (if anything) :thumbsup:
I currently just have the Angry Ram pin/badge in it, but I've enjoyed reading about the uses other Guardians have for their tins. :thumbsup::cool: I'll probably soon move other knife-related keepsakes (coins, button spanners, etc.) into it to create a treasure chest. ;)

Check out the blues that popped out within the patina after cutting some warm steak.
MkT0AfY.jpg
Grand canyon and psychedelic patina on the mark side of your AC, @Travman, and the pile side stag is a rough and ready contrast! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

... The carvings are an art work installation on the site of an iron age burial mound on the 'Wolds Way', a 79 mile walking path in East Yorkshire....
k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Very cool, David! :cool::cool::thumbsup: These carvings (on a much smaller scale) look like they'd be a whittling project that would fit my primitive skills. :thumbsup:;)

Edit : knife content and my little Jack Russell "Daisy":)
XZzjU1Z.jpg
My Daisy is way more laid back than a normal Jack Russell. Sleeping is her favorite.:D
I'm a sucker for dog/knife pics, and your photos of Lazy Daisy are superb, Mark! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm amazed at how much our dogs sleep! :eek:

I hope everyone's Friday is a good one with a great weekend to follow
OG
View attachment 1129722
Best Break-up Song Ever, OG!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: But how is the video related to the lyrics?? I'm not always good at making connections! :(

Amazingly Compelling AC, Dwight!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great shot of your AC, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Do you have a pile side photo handy?

It's a double lambsfoot Friday for me today! I've got my K'roo and my 2019 Guardians. I had a moment to do a quick comparison video to show the differences.

Thanks for the video, and congrats again on your K'roo, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Unforgettable flame-like colors on your AC, Dylan!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope your wilderness outing is wondrously wild and wholesomely wise! ;)

View attachment 1130267
First semester back in college. Finals complete today! Celebration time!
It's been a little bit of shock getting back into the swing of things. But I'm a lot more mature than I was waaaayyyy back when! I am taking it more seriously now. LOL
Congrats, Taylor, on making the adjustments and successfully wrapping up your first semester back! :):thumbsup::cool: Do you have a lot of school to complete, or are you close to your goal?

Good Morning Guardians.
Didn't know dire wolves enjoyed sea food! :eek:;) Fantastic shot of your ironwood, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
lwiDqLa.jpg

One of my favorite pics of your AC, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (You have many I really like. ;))

Well, this old grandpa survived the trip to Yosemite and everyone had a wonderful and memorable time.
El Capitain - Half Dome - 3 Sisters and Bridal Veil Falls
View attachment 1130568
OG
Glad you all enjoyed the trip, and thanks for the memorable pics, OG!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man Jack with me all week:
2senator.mark.V.nov17.jpg

- GT

Continuation of preceding post:
Risque picture, GT. :eek:
Don't worry about keeping up, just keep coming back and posting your pictures and happenings.
See what I mean, GT? A great composition and arrangement, enhanced by beautiful side light.
5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT for all the kind words. Please don’t fret over when you post. No one is counting, just enjoying when you’re here.:thumbsup:
Beautiful shot, Gary,....AS USUAL! I can't keep caught up, and I know I miss so many great posts, but I always thought of you as a great example of someone who puts great effort and thought into each of your responses! Please keep them coming!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your posts are always rich in content irregardless of volume GT. Just as long as you stay with us.

:D I'm loquacious. Ask OG.
View attachment 1130792
Gary, I'm not going to worry and just do what I can, when I can. If I'm on the computer for very long Dutch comes over and tries to put his head in my lap. I give in to him and take him outside and throw bumpers....
Thanks for the encouragement, folks. :) I just have to learn to manage my expectations regarding The Porch as it evolves! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Tremendous trio!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It's a struggle GT! :eek: Nice Black 'n' Tan pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:
Ouch! :eek: Sounds like you're keeping fit though GT :thumbsup:

Thanks GT, the pull on the pen is reasonable, about the same as on the main blade, though obviously, because of its greater length, the main blade is easier to open. It's only the pen on my Wright's two-blade that is a complete beast. I hope one day they'll wake up to the fact o_O
Thanks pal :) No, that's been sad, particularly as Ashley did such a good job of repairing the damage caused by the BFO :mad: Lucy has stolen my heart, and my original '19 has been neglected as a result, despite its beauty :oops: :thumbsup:

pnAEwQU.jpg

Lovely pic of that beauty, nice to see one of the '17s :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind replies, Jack. :)
I try to keep fit, but it seems to take more and more time each day to keep fewer and fewer body parts operating as intended! :eek:
Good to see your "former" ironwood! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thank you kindly GT! I’m sure you’ll find it easy to envisage and create an isosceles triangle in cross section. Then just microbevel the apex lightly and you’re good to go, my friend. Good abrasives help, of course - I think I recollect you have a Norton India stone?

A razor sharp edge on a Lambsfoot blade considerably elevates the pleasure of using the pattern, IMO.
Thanks, Chin. :) Actually, I have the DMT Magna-glide system with some diafold diamond paddles. Most of my day-to-day honing is on unglazed pottery, though - kind of a poor substitute for a SharpMaker. :rolleyes:

This is just a quick mock-up Wright's did to make sure the stamp looked OK on the steel Barlow bolster :thumbsup:

PiL3OMa.jpg
Majestic bolster stamp, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Perhaps too majestic for a former working stiff like me! :p)

Thank you to all my friends! :D:D:D We are still unloading boxes :eek: ...
It warms my heart to have all the Guardians as friends, peace to you all.
I am so far behind and will be for a couple of weeks yet, so if I miss your post please understand. :)
Good to see you here again, Dave! :):thumbsup::cool: Best wishes for the ongoing moving-in process! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

... Anyway tomorrows weather looks pants so at least it's indoors. :thumbsup:
No more knives this year....no more knives this year....no more knives...oh pants... :rolleyes:
Is this a UK usage of "pants"? I don't think I've heard the word used negatively like this before; what's the history of this usage??

- GT

Did the maple tree make it? We have been dealing with rainy and cold weather weird for middle/end of May.
Yes, Taylor, thanks...I went out about 30 minutes ago and shook of what I could reach with the rake, I didn't see any broken branches, sun is trying to come out but the wind is picking up. I think it will be OK.

I hope Dennis @mitch4ging is doing well. His area has had tornadoes and lots of rain causing flooding. Power outages abound there. I know he said that he was preparing for the storms forecasted so he may just not have power.

Yes, Taylor, thanks...I went out about 30 minutes ago and shook of what I could reach with the rake, I didn't see any broken branches, sun is trying to come out but the wind is picking up. I think it will be OK.

I hope Dennis @mitch4ging is doing well. His area has had tornadoes and lots of rain causing flooding. Power outages abound there. I know he said that he was preparing for the storms forecasted so he may just not have power.
Good news, I lost an old cherry tree to spring snow it sucked.

Cool pic Dwight, that Damascus is almost hypnotic!
Thanks Jack!

Last night and through this morning the snow gods descended on my area and dropped 8-10 inches of the heavy white stuff.
I took a six week camping trip a few years ago and made a loop down through Big Bend clockwise up and around through Crested Butte. The temperature span ranged from 96°F to -27°F. What a fine country we live in.

Amazingly Compelling AC, Dwight!!
Tremendous trio!
Thank you GT. Man Jack is killer!

I hope Dennis @mitch4ging is doing well. His area has had tornadoes and lots of rain causing flooding. Power outages abound there. I know he said that he was preparing for the storms forecasted so he may just not have power
+1 Yes they have been in the "stuff" and are still in it. Hope all is well Dennis

IMG_2480.jpeg

Thanks Jack!

I took a six week camping trip a few years ago and made a loop down through Big Bend clockwise up and around through Crested Butte. The temperature span ranged from 96°F to -27°F. What a fine country we live in.

+1 Yes they have been in the "stuff" and are still in it. Hope all is well Dennis

View attachment 1132365
Fantastic photo Dwight! :thumbsup::D

Thanks Jack!

View attachment 1132365
Great image, Dwight. The only thing missing is you laying in the hammock.:)

Back