Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

j1e9ov5.jpg

This sucker is sharp. Maybe too sharp. And snaps like a gator. Don't ask me how I know. But my wife has threatened to start taking away my knives. ;)

Good morning Guardians! This thread moves so quickly that I have an extremely difficult time just keeping up and reading every post. Trying to reply and engage in actual conversation here nearly gives me anxiety. I just have too many other things to do at the same time. That's actually the reason I haven't posted here much lately.

With that said, I will try my best, but I dont mean any offense if it takes me a while to respond. I'm pretty quick with the 'like' button though!

While it hasn't really been used, this is probably my second favorite lambsfoot knife. I often carry it and rub it like a worry stone on my daily 3-4 hour commute. I'll probably wear out the stag before the blade!

Jack, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is the same frame as the Hartshead Barlow.

Hope you all have a great week!

9j2d8i.jpg

2a0c9j8.jpg

Great picture, Vince.
Did you get a boo-boo ???

Haha, thanks, Vince. I hope you didn't cut yourself too bad. :D
1ACD1526-6A58-42FB-85FB-04A79E87783A.jpeg
Not too bad, I think. Was bleeding a lot. Hopefully the wound will close without stitches! Having to "fist bump" people today. Maybe I should tell them I got into a knife fight at a cantina. :cool:

You’re kind of a legend here. The index you created is first rate. It has helped many people, myself included, in acclimating to the whole idea of the Lambsfoot. Nice to hear from the real you.

Thank you for your kind words, Harvey. I'm thrilled that the index continues to be useful despite the fact that I failed at my goal of keeping it up to date.

I've noticed that people sometimes refer to it as my Greg's Index or WhittlinAway's Index. That makes me uncomfortable because the effort to build it extended far beyond myself. To me, it's the Guardians' Index. I got the ball rolling and coordinated the effort, but Jack Black Jack Black , @strokednbored, @Jolipapa, @Cambertree, and @5K Qs all contributed to the effort. In fact, they are responsible for indexing far more pages than I did. The index wouldn't exist without them and they should continue to share the credit for it.

The pace and content of the thread has changed a lot since the index was first created and last updated. That's a good thing and testament to the vibrant community that it reflects. Unfortunately, though, the process and software behind the index aren't suited to handling the new scale. Some day I hope to be able rectify that, but, for the foreseeable future, the Guardians' Index will have to remain a reference for the thread's early years.

I've noticed that people sometimes refer to it as my Greg's Index or WhittlinAway's Index. That makes me uncomfortable because the effort to build it extended far beyond myself. To me, it's the Guardians' Index. I got the ball rolling and coordinated the effort, but Jack Black Jack Black , @strokednbored, @Jolipapa, @Cambertree, and @5K Qs all contributed to the effort. In fact, they are responsible for indexing far more pages than I did. The index wouldn't exist without them and they should continue to share the credit for it.
Thanks to all of you, I've used the index many times. :cool: :thumbsup:

When I was in High School, used to write to aircraft manufacturers for literature and photographs. Then just used to put America on the envelope. They always seemed to get there.

Missed that Duncan was visiting the UK, have fun!

Russell

I guess they would Russell :) There are severe weather warnings and all sorts, but it'll be great to see him, and I'm sure we'll have a great time, even if we don't get past the pub at York railway station! :D :thumbsup:

I'm gonna have a whiskey neat here in a few Jack. Cheers my friend and goodnight.

Cheers Dwight :) :thumbsup:

That is a good one. Both the knife and the whisky!

Thanks! :D :thumbsup:

I get a gold star for not thinking I live in the center of the universe. :p

Okay, now you made me curious, so I looked up international postal codes. South Africa is "ZA", and the United States of America is "US" :confused: I don't think adding the "A" at the end can hurt, though.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work, Jack Black Jack Black , and have a great visit with Duncan next week!

LOL! :D Thanks Rachel :) :thumbsup:

It was me, wasn't it? :oops::D

48032125841_c3830a5c53_h.jpg

It wasn't you Kevin (I just checked)! :D Cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Above average lime slicer
View attachment 1142117
Definitely summer here in California.

Great photo Taylor, cheers :) :thumbsup:

I have been at Rae Lakes a few times, but never in winter conditions. Cool picture. Where exactly did you hunker down?

Today in the pocket:
7s7JL96.jpg

Nice choice :) :thumbsup:

That's very nice of you to say, Jack. I'm still here, just haven't been able to keep up with drinking from the fire hose of posts that this thread has become. ;)

Some of the things that have been keeping me away from the forum should be winding up over the next few weeks. Hopefully after that I'll be able to strike a better balance between keeping up with--and participating--here and keeping up with other parts of life.

In the mean time, a quick experience report. As long-time guardians will know, I'm very partial to the standard A. Wright buffalo horn model that I've had for a few years and was my first lambsfoot. After I received my polished-blade rosewood model and sharpened it up, I made an effort to carry it a fair bit as well. Now I find that it's in my pocket about as frequently as my buffalo horn one is. They both are splendid work horses and some days I find myself wanting the smooth horn and some days I find myself wanting the lighter rosewood. It's nice to have the two, knowing that either will tackle whatever task I put it to.

Tomorrow I have a several cardboard boxes to break down to put out with the recycling bin in the evening. I'm not sure which will do the honors, but I can guarantee that it will be one of those two lambsfoot knives.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a safe and fulfilling week ahead of them.

LOL! :D Great post Greg, hoping to see more of you in the near future my friend :thumbsup:

You’re kind of a legend here. The index you created is first rate. It has helped many people, myself included, in acclimating to the whole idea of the Lambsfoot. Nice to hear from the real you.

:cool: :thumbsup:

Great Eastern Cutlery announced that they are making a Tidioute #93 Ram's Foot Natural Oily Creek bone knife on their web-sight. I have been bugging GEC to make an #86 single blade Smooth Oily Creek Bone with a guitar shield knife. 4/12/2019 "Rock Around the Clock" is 65 years old. Guitar shield or not , I will be so thankful for this knife.

Wrong thread :thumbsup:

Morning fellers! Great pics :) It's actually the end of the afternoon here, but I've not been able to post here all day despite a few attempts :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week is off to a good start :thumbsup:

j1e9ov5.jpg

This sucker is sharp. Maybe too sharp. And snaps like a gator. Don't ask me how I know. But my wife has threatened to start taking away my knives. ;)

Yikes! :eek: Great pic Vince :thumbsup:

They are fantastic Jack!!!:D:thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! This thread moves so quickly that I have an extremely difficult time just keeping up and reading every post. Trying to reply and engage in actual conversation here nearly gives me anxiety. I just have too many other things to do at the same time. That's actually the reason I haven't posted here much lately.

With that said, I will try my best, but I dont mean any offense if it takes me a while to respond. I'm pretty quick with the 'like' button though!

While it hasn't really been used, this is probably my second favorite lambsfoot knife. I often carry it and rub it like a worry stone on my daily 3-4 hour commute. I'll probably wear out the stag before the blade!

Jack, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is the same frame as the Hartshead Barlow.

Hope you all have a great week!

9j2d8i.jpg

2a0c9j8.jpg

That is the same frame Steve, nice-looking knife too :) I know that not everyone can post here everyday, nor even every week, but it is always good when one of our absent Guardians shows up here :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight. I take it that you are a Who fan.

Haha, thanks, Vince. I hope you didn't cut yourself too bad. :D
e20789a91d7fd4e1.gif

48034339423_60582f3386_h.jpg

I thought only granddads could do that! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians :

Harry

You can't beat the old ones Harry :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians!
mCM5dEK.jpg

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1142335
Not too bad, I think. Was bleeding a lot. Hopefully the wound will close without stitches! Having to "fist bump" people today. Maybe I should tell them I got into a knife fight at a cantina. :cool:

Ouch! :eek: Heal fast Vince :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words, Harvey. I'm thrilled that the index continues to be useful despite the fact that I failed at my goal of keeping it up to date.

The pace and content of the thread has changed a lot since the index was first created and last updated. That's a good thing and testament to the vibrant community that it reflects. Unfortunately, though, the process and software behind the index aren't suited to handling the new scale. Some day I hope to be able rectify that, but, for the foreseeable future, the Guardians' Index will have to remain a reference for the thread's early years.

That's a shame about the software Greg, but the thread index is still an invaluable tool, you definitely deserve most of the credit for it my modest friend :thumbsup:

I've had another day of replying to emails, and I'm going to do another half hour before packing it in until Wednesday. Duncan has come a long way to see me tomorrow, and I have a few things I need to sort out for him tonight. We are due a month's worth of rain in the next 24 hours, and York, where we are meeting, is prone to flooding, so Duncan might be getting a tour of York by boat! :rolleyes: I'll try and call in later if I can, but otherwise it'll be tomorrow night at the earliest :thumbsup:

I've had another day of replying to emails, and I'm going to do another half hour before packing it in until Wednesday. Duncan has come a long way to see me tomorrow, and I have a few things I need to sort out for him tonight. We are due a month's worth of rain in the next 24 hours, and York, where we are meeting, is prone to flooding, so Duncan might be getting a tour of York by boat! :rolleyes: I'll try and call in later if I can, but otherwise it'll be tomorrow night at the earliest :thumbsup:

Be safe out there and enjoy your visit.

Hey Greg...Your clarification is noted. I would imagine that the index had more than one Legendary creator. So let’s say it was good to have one of the Legendary Guardians make an appearance. There’s no lack of Legends here.:)

Prester John Prester John - Hey Vince. Hope the healing process goes quickly.

Hey Guardians. Good Morning.

Jack Black Jack Black - I hope you and Duncan have a great time Jack. Be sure to wear your lifejackets! :D Say hi to the Kiwi for me.

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo - I am a fan of Who but even more so "Guess Who". I just thought it was very clever - Add one "E" to "THE" and you were addressing Jack for sure. :D But then you are a consistently clever character... :D :D :D

IMG_6385.jpeg

Last edited:
Back