1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning Guardians! :D
    LF 2018 Guardian.JPG

donn, TFBraden, OLd_gUY and 11 others like this.
  2. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  3. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks David...:thumbsup:

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    This sucker is sharp. Maybe too sharp. And snaps like a gator. Don't ask me how I know. But my wife has threatened to start taking away my knives. ;)

donn, Cambertree, OLd_gUY and 12 others like this.
  5. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Gary, I sure hope so with the old models maybe.:):thumbsup:

6. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Gary...:thumbsup:

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great picture, Vince.
    Did you get a boo-boo ???

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  8. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    They are fantastic Jack!!!:D:thumbsup:

TFBraden and Jack Black like this.
  9. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Good morning Guardians! This thread moves so quickly that I have an extremely difficult time just keeping up and reading every post. Trying to reply and engage in actual conversation here nearly gives me anxiety. I just have too many other things to do at the same time. That's actually the reason I haven't posted here much lately.

With that said, I will try my best, but I dont mean any offense if it takes me a while to respond. I'm pretty quick with the 'like' button though!

While it hasn't really been used, this is probably my second favorite lambsfoot knife. I often carry it and rub it like a worry stone on my daily 3-4 hour commute. I'll probably wear out the stag before the blade!

Jack, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is the same frame as the Hartshead Barlow.

Hope you all have a great week!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

donn, Cambertree, WHT and 14 others like this.
  10. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks, Dwight. I take it that you are a Who fan.
    Haha, thanks, Vince. I hope you didn't cut yourself too bad. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

donn, Cambertree, TFBraden and 14 others like this.
  11. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Good Morning Guardians :
    [​IMG]

Harry

12. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Good morning Guardians!
    [​IMG]

donn, Cambertree, TFBraden and 13 others like this.
  13. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    1ACD1526-6A58-42FB-85FB-04A79E87783A.jpeg
    Not too bad, I think. Was bleeding a lot. Hopefully the wound will close without stitches! Having to "fist bump" people today. Maybe I should tell them I got into a knife fight at a cantina. :cool:

14. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thank you for your kind words, Harvey. I'm thrilled that the index continues to be useful despite the fact that I failed at my goal of keeping it up to date.

I've noticed that people sometimes refer to it as my Greg's Index or WhittlinAway's Index. That makes me uncomfortable because the effort to build it extended far beyond myself. To me, it's the Guardians' Index. I got the ball rolling and coordinated the effort, but @Jack Black, @strokednbored, @Jolipapa, @Cambertree, and @5K Qs all contributed to the effort. In fact, they are responsible for indexing far more pages than I did. The index wouldn't exist without them and they should continue to share the credit for it.

The pace and content of the thread has changed a lot since the index was first created and last updated. That's a good thing and testament to the vibrant community that it reflects. Unfortunately, though, the process and software behind the index aren't suited to handling the new scale. Some day I hope to be able rectify that, but, for the foreseeable future, the Guardians' Index will have to remain a reference for the thread's early years.

donn, Cambertree, TFBraden and 9 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks to all of you, I've used the index many times. :cool: :thumbsup:

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I guess they would Russell :) There are severe weather warnings and all sorts, but it'll be great to see him, and I'm sure we'll have a great time, even if we don't get past the pub at York railway station! :D :thumbsup:

Cheers Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Thanks! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks Rachel :) :thumbsup:

It wasn't you Kevin (I just checked)! :D Cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Great photo Taylor, cheers :) :thumbsup:

Nice choice :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Great post Greg, hoping to see more of you in the near future my friend :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Wrong thread :thumbsup:

Morning fellers! Great pics :) It's actually the end of the afternoon here, but I've not been able to post here all day despite a few attempts :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week is off to a good start :thumbsup:

donn, Cambertree, Ramrodmb and 9 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yikes! :eek: Great pic Vince :thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :thumbsup:

That is the same frame Steve, nice-looking knife too :) I know that not everyone can post here everyday, nor even every week, but it is always good when one of our absent Guardians shows up here :) :thumbsup:

I thought only granddads could do that! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

You can't beat the old ones Harry :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Ouch! :eek: Heal fast Vince :thumbsup:

That's a shame about the software Greg, but the thread index is still an invaluable tool, you definitely deserve most of the credit for it my modest friend :thumbsup:

I've had another day of replying to emails, and I'm going to do another half hour before packing it in until Wednesday. Duncan has come a long way to see me tomorrow, and I have a few things I need to sort out for him tonight. We are due a month's worth of rain in the next 24 hours, and York, where we are meeting, is prone to flooding, so Duncan might be getting a tour of York by boat! :rolleyes: I'll try and call in later if I can, but otherwise it'll be tomorrow night at the earliest :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Be safe out there and enjoy your visit.

Jack Black likes this.
  19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Hey Greg...Your clarification is noted. I would imagine that the index had more than one Legendary creator. So let’s say it was good to have one of the Legendary Guardians make an appearance. There’s no lack of Legends here.:)

@Prester John - Hey Vince. Hope the healing process goes quickly.

Hey Guardians. Good Morning.

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    @Jack Black - I hope you and Duncan have a great time Jack. Be sure to wear your lifejackets! :D Say hi to the Kiwi for me.

@flatblackcapo - I am a fan of Who but even more so "Guess Who". I just thought it was very clever - Add one "E" to "THE" and you were addressing Jack for sure. :D But then you are a consistently clever character... :D :D :D

IMG_6385.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019