Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Y’all have a great day! :D I’m sticking with wood today, but, I decided I needed some Iron in my diet! ;) :D

40403139673_1609868c96_b_d.jpg

Great photo Jack! :thumbsup: I hope you have a great day with your friends and a great lunch of fish and chips! :thumbsup::D

Thanks for treating us to another pic of your beautiful HHB, Jack! Enjoy your fish 'n chips. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys (and others) :) Definitely a good morning, and the fish and chips went down very well :) Despite my taking orders in advance, and a number of folks passing, as always, when I came back, everyone was suddenly ravenous, but I think we all got a good fill :D Very sad to see a successful business, and one of the very few remaining fish and chip shops in Leeds city centre being forced to close to make way for yet another swanky hotel :(

The chips weren't around long enough to get pics! :eek: I got a few pics on the tool stall though ;)

0swCf8F.jpg

VA5c9Ky.jpg

fZdjShg.jpg

Looking good Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Thank's Jack. Have a great day tomorrow.

View attachment 1159356

Thank you Dwight :) Yet another smashing pic :thumbsup:

The Lambsfoot blade shape has changed my life. Well at least what knives I tend to carry. LOL

No need to qualify that Taylor! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Chuffed.

I don't really keep a pulse on GEC's goings-on, so when these Charlie's newest SFO came out I was left wanting. A very generous spirit, knowing my affection for traditional cutlery, took pity on me and sent a lamb foot my way. Thank you so much, you know who you are. :thumbsup:

It doesn't get more traditional than this. Gorgeous jigged bone covers, fluted bolsters, and all steel fittings! This is a worthy homage to those old Sheffield knives.

48253761427_f1e8c8b6e9_b.jpg

48253688671_f258502830_b.jpg

What a great act of generosity :) Nice pics Christian, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

To own one of the new Lambfoot models would be wonderful, but to be fortunate enough to own both is simply fantastic!!!
Hard to relay just how impressed and thrilled I am with both these recent Lambfoot knives, each emanating both beauty and quality.
A great thank you to Jack and Charlie for producing such spectacular knives!!!

View attachment 1159398

:) :thumbsup:

Catching up again. This post has been sitting as a draft for a few days, so apologies if I’m covering a bit of old ground.

Just regarding the recent ‘recalibration’ of this thread, I also offer my apologies if any of my posts have crossed the mark into unwarranted off-topic chatter. I’m a terrible digressor at the best of times, although I do always try to return to Lambsfoot content, at least by the end of a post - not always successfully, I’m sure.

Thanks for the reminder Jack, and sorry if I’ve added to the grumble quotient at Guardians HQ, my friend.:thumbsup:

Your posts always have excellent Lambsfoot content my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good to see RALF getting some colour, Jeff. I had my ebony 2018 Guardians knife out the other day too, just to let her know I still love her.;) What a great knife. A couple of older pics with rather less patina than she sports these days:
eU78SjP.jpg

3o3PzVs.jpg

My own is due some pocket time, great pics Chin :) :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Here’s the first task it had:
View attachment 1159389
Hmmm, what could be in that package? More on that later, my friends....;)

:eek: :) :thumbsup:

You’ve got a lot to answer for mate!;):p:D
View attachment 1159388

Ha ha, great to see another Nemesis The Warlock fan, mate!

LOL! Nice to see you eating well Chin ;)

Guilty as charged mate! :D :thumbsup:

ZFGRV0M.jpg

I’ve been enjoying the B&W pics some of the Guardians have been posting.
CB3AOYr.jpg

qGTnpI3.jpg

75eJVz0.jpg

6y0Q58f.jpg

cn7iJeY.jpg

cE1i3ap.jpg

Fantastic pics Chin, sorry to race through your posts (and those of others) a bit today :thumbsup:

View attachment 1159433

Looks like some treasures for the Australian chapter of the Guardians! Not only are you a magician, Charlie @waynorth , but a gentleman as well!
:D:cool::D:cool::thumbsup:

:) :) :) :thumbsup:

Glad you gents had a great time together in Sheffield! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
David, your Hartshead stag Barlow looks stellar; congrats!
Jack, wonderful swag from David, but isn't there a saying something like "Beware Lancastrians bearing gifts"?? ;)

Thank you Gary :) Is there?! :eek: :confused: :D :thumbsup:

Jack, your stag HHB looks superb from every perspective! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you :)

Shukraan jazilaan, Jack. :)

Afwan GT :) :thumbsup:

Union Jack again for me:
View attachment 1159461

Mumtaz ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for those top shots, Jack! Yours looks nicely symmetrical too. Love the pile side as well. Have yourself a great day, Jack.:thumbsup:

ZuNT59M.jpg

Thank you very much Mark, that's a beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Every great knife need a bespoke suite :)

48256295996_53f8acb09f_z.jpg

Â

Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Striking pic Dwight :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Lambs of a feather...
Sorry for the poor quality, I was zoomed through a window.

Cool pic John :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pic of your WCLF Preston :) :thumbsup:

Y’all have a great day! :D I’m sticking with wood today, but, I decided I needed some Iron in my diet! ;) :D

You've captured that wonderful grain well Ron :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1159493 Good morning, Guardians! Looking across the field next to our house this morn in western Illinois.
Have a good one!

Fantastic view Ben :thumbsup:

I'm very glad you had an enjoyable day, Jack. :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) It actually got better too...:eek:

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

It's not often my pocket knife gets to take part in a historic event! :cool:

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

Many thanks, and congratulations Charlie, the knives are superb :) Well done to all concerned, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, particularly after all this time :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your acquisition, you did a wonderful job on that photo. Before reading, I thought the glove was a slip for the knife;)
What a great act of generosity :) Nice pics Christian, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

I've been chicken eye'n and coon fingerin' my new knife all morning. Just a remarkable piece of craftsmanship. Had they wanted to, GEC could have used this knife to truly display their skills. Like most of their designs, the #93 has a half-stop. GEC could have taken it one step further and given it a clean and square joint. The #23 and #73 patterns have this feature, but it isn't as well executed as it would have been on the lamb foot. Oh what could have been... That one detail would have turned an already great knife into an all-timer!

48257855387_171bff235d_b.jpg

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

Many thanks, and congratulations Charlie, the knives are superb :) Well done to all concerned, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, particularly after all this time :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the Ironwood compliment Jack! :) It looks like you’ve got some new goodies from Charlie! I think you’re going to be pleased my friend! :thumbsup: :D

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

In the right hands now. Congratulations Jack. Love the old tool. No tool like an old tool.:)

@Fodderwing That’s a bedazzling image of your Lamb, Dwight.

Good Morning Guardians.
12B57E79-F21B-4087-B036-E13815E3B3B7.jpeg

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

A pair of beauties, Jack!

No use fighting the inevitable, Taylor! ;):D:thumbsup:

Great investment strategy, Dwight! Two damascus blades for the price of one - 100% return! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Good Evening Guardians
The little birds are messy, messy, messy. :D
John, if you've put your stag HHB out there in hopes of scaring the birds into better table manners, I think you'll get better results by using your ironwood wolf! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Chuffed.

I don't really keep a pulse on GEC's goings-on, so when these Charlie's newest SFO came out I was left wanting. A very generous spirit, knowing my affection for traditional cutlery, took pity on me and sent a lamb foot my way. Thank you so much, you know who you are. :thumbsup:

It doesn't get more traditional than this. Gorgeous jigged bone covers, fluted bolsters, and all steel fittings! This is a worthy homage to those old Sheffield knives.

48253761427_f1e8c8b6e9_b.jpg

As you wrote in another thread recently,
Congrats to the lucky few who were able to wrangle these knives.
:cool::cool::thumbsup:

To own one of the new Lambfoot models would be wonderful, but to be fortunate enough to own both is simply fantastic!!!
Hard to relay just how impressed and thrilled I am with both these recent Lambfoot knives, each emanating both beauty and quality.
A great thank you to Jack and Charlie for producing such spectacular knives!!!

View attachment 1159398
Thrilled that you have a pair that thrills you! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good to see RALF getting some colour, Jeff. I had my ebony 2018 Guardians knife out the other day too, just to let her know I still love her.;) What a great knife. A couple of older pics with rather less patina than she sports these days:
eU78SjP.jpg

Thanks GT, yes I’m curious about how that old jigging must have been applied, and haven’t found much information on it.

Victorian morality always cracks me up. Here’s a company selling opiates to babies, children and mothers who feel obliged to include some moral homilies with their wares!
Fine pic of your ebony with the sun coming through your beverage, Chin. :cool::thumbsup::cool: And several superior shots of your stag HHB in the post, too.
I didn't realize that the "homilies" were actually part of the medicine ad! :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks, amigo. I'll bet yours slices like a laser!
I just used medium and then fine ceramic stones. I don't really know the angle I'm at when I'm hand sharpening, except that it's somewhere less than 20 dps, so I can maintain it with the Sharpmaker. I really should learn how to strop. Whenever I try, it seems to get less sharp, and I'm especially wary on a lambsfoot, as I don't want to round off the tip. :confused: I always seem to hit the tang with the corners of the stones, but I've decided not to let it bother me. ;)
wPZ3BYo.jpg
Rachel, if you continue to use that fine edge on your rosewood HHB to cut out little steel squares, you definitely should improve your stropping skills! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I didn't actually carry this one today but I did admire it for a good bit. :D
48237619662_a6bfafcfb0_h.jpg
Whoa, I'd apparently forgotten that you had the complete set of Jak's lambsfoot barlows; sweet! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1159433

Looks like some treasures for the Australian chapter of the Guardians! Not only are you a magician, Charlie @waynorth , but a gentleman as well!
:D:cool::D:cool::thumbsup:
Tubes are terrific treasures, Chin, but can the labels be trusted?? :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool: I wanna see the contents, capice? How many members does the Australian chapter have now?

I think you are right Gary in that a little more swell on the pile side aids in a good purchase!
Great shot of Union Jack and LamBarJack.:thumbsup::cool:
ZuNT59M.jpg
Thanks, Mark. :)
Your ebony/ironwood pair is beautiful! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gracias, Señor.

Nice composition with the wood and the water, Gary. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Vince. :) Not intentionally composed that way; I just let nature take its course! ;)

Good morning, Guardians!
2I3m9LY.jpg
Your AC is Alluringly Captivating, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you GT.
Gracias hombre mio. Tu eres muy amable. Yes, sometimes I do wet the rock. :D

Good day to you folks!View attachment 1159478
Dwight, you're too kind in two languages. :)
Thanks for the pro tip on rock wetting. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Your stag and your tree both have intriguing bark! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, they are Mule deer, Gary. We do have Whitetail deer in these parts. Only the male/buck have antlers, which they lose in the late fall/early winter. These have their antlers in 'velvet' which will harden and be rubbed off in late summer.
Thanks for the ID on the mule deer; I've heard of them, but obviously don't recognize them! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Healthy choice, Ron, and my favorite ironwood of yours! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1159493 Good morning, Guardians! Looking across the field next to our house this morn in western Illinois.
Have a good one!
Mornin' horn in the prairie, Ben! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Union Jack came to me from York, with relish:
relish.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

It actually got better too...:eek:

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

Great news Jack. I guess I'm not the only one chuffed this morning. :thumbsup:

Back