Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I carry a 4 inch lamb foot. It's much lighter than my .45 ACP and does a much better job of sharpening my pencil!

sFlL8zG.jpg

Crikey! That's sharper than my knives.:eek:

and a pint or two ;)

...or two...:D

Donn, I always enjoy your posts and they seem to always contain Lambsfoot content, as well as other interesting tidbits. Please don't reign it in too far. ;) I hope to keep seeing more of your great posts.
I'm going with Ironwood today!

CWqO3to.jpg

Thanks for your kind words Mark. I guess rules is rules though :D Great shot of your ironwood.:thumbsup:

I’m a terrible digressor at the best of times, although I do always try to return to Lambsfoot content, at least by the end of a post - not always successfully, I’m sure.

I thoroughly enjoy all your posts, David. Why not just continue as you were, and ensure you work in Lambsfoot content?

Thanks Chin, as I really enjoy your posts. :thumbsup: I could start carrying two lambsfoot I guess :D

You sure, David? They are pallet of only the finest quality. ;):D
Also, shoot me a PM whenever you find a good meat pie recipe...no rush.

A goooood morning to all the Lambsfoot people out there.
48237394137_e47d3ada13_h.jpg

Great shot there, but I reckon the suspension will give out before it gets to far.:D
I now can't find the recipe I found for pies but I've found others. :thumbsup:

I had to install a huge clock for my wallpaper so I could see it.:rolleyes::oops::D
View attachment 1158939

You sure that clocks big enough? :D

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm heading off down to the market again tomorrow morning. Leeds best fish & chip shop is closing down very soon, so I said I'd treat the fellers to fish and chips :) :thumbsup:

aCss7DM.jpg

Great shot! I like the compass :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the chip shop. I guess hotels are more important :rolleyes:

Oh. Now you've gone and dunnit...:)

eU78SjP.jpg

3o3PzVs.jpg

Thanks David. LOL.:) As well as being mostly alcohol, that Mother Baileys Quieting Syrup was comprised of 10% opium!

I’ve been enjoying the B&W pics some of the Guardians have been posting.
CB3AOYr.jpg

Only 10%?! I guess the fall of empire started earlier than we thought :D
Great shots, especially the black and white one. :thumbsup:

Jack, wonderful swag from David, but isn't there a saying something like "Beware Lancastrians bearing gifts"?? ;)
- GT

That's only because Lancastrians bearing gifts is such a rare sight that when it happens everyone gets suspicious. :D

Lambs of a feather...
Sorry for the poor quality, I was zoomed through a window.

If I did that the magpies would whip that knife in a heartbeat!

I'm just enjoying a tasty snack smuggled into Yorkshire for me by donn donn ;) :) :thumbsup:

eE846HX.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them Jack!

At last....
tip1wBs.jpg

Thanks for answering a question that I’ve been meaning to ask! I thought you might live in a rain forest! ;) Your Stag Damascus candlestick is one of the greats!
Thank you Ron. Much appreciated my friend. :)

Nice, capturing the blade and its reflection in the water sure makes for a pleasant and interesting photo.
Thank you Preston.

Y’all have a great day! :D I’m sticking with wood today, but, I decided I needed some Iron in my diet!
Love the big iron.

Thank you Dwight :) Yet another smashing pic
Striking pic Dwight
Thanks Jack and congratulations of your new Waynorth masterpieces. :cool: (pm sent)

Fodderwing Fodderwing That’s a bedazzling image of your Lamb, Dwight.
Good Morning Guardians.
Thank you Harvey. Sensational Stunning Stag Composition.

Great investment strategy, Dwight! Two damascus blades for the price of one - 100% return!
:D:D
Dwight, you're too kind in two languages. :)
Thanks for the pro tip on rock wetting. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Your stag and your tree both have intriguing bark!
The tree is a Redbud. :)
Union Jack came to me from York, with relish
That is a Jack worthy of relishing. :D

I'd relish that knife too.
:) I originally wrote, "Union Jack came to me from York, with some sauce:" but as soon as I posted it, I edited it to "with relish" because of the ambiguity.
Hahaha! John beat me to it but I posted before I got to his post. :D

That's only because Lancastrians bearing gifts is such a rare sight that when it happens everyone gets suspicious.
:D That's a fine looking Hartshead Barlow David!

IMG_3791.jpeg

Such a photogenic knife :) :thumbsup:

Great shot! I like the compass :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the chip shop. I guess hotels are more important :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed them Jack!

At last....
tip1wBs.jpg

Thank you very much David, one of the things I collect, and I said I'd show a few for Dennis @mitch4ging :) Couple more below ;) The crisps were very tasty my friend :) You actually waited longer than Dave @dc50 for your Barlow! :eek: :thumbsup:

zaF92bk.jpg

YvJkaFY.jpg

Thanks Jack and congratulations of your new Waynorth masterpieces. :cool: (pm sent)

Thank you Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Cheers folks :) :thumbsup:

OQp1jR1.jpg

If I did that the magpies would whip that knife in a heartbeat!
I thought about that, at least something knocking it over.
As I waited patiently inside to snap a picture, I was mumbling, "Don't hurt my knife!" :D

Hahaha! John beat me to it but I posted before I got to his post. :D
Great minds think alike.
Of course, with GT in the room, we might not seem as great a mind. ;)

Kanoodling Barlows. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Hi, sorry, i didn't explain myself very well. What i meant when i said to get a leather belt was, it is a good and CHEAP way to practice getting the feel of stropping. I found this advise on the forum and went out and got a belt and just started practicing, and when you get the feel, the angle and pressure are right, and you will know straight away. So just try this as a cheap alternative to start with, with other advise from forum threads. Then when you know which way you want to head then you can purchase better strops that will suit you. Some of this stuff can be expensive, so i was just trying to help you with your costs. When i got into stropping, there is so much info. out there it can be very confusing, and my simple brain likes thing that are not confusing e.g.- keep it simple stupid. So i hope i have cleared things up. but you will love it when you get into it, just practice and you will get it right, trust me, if i can, anyone can. But please ask for any advise or help, plenty of good and smart people out there only to willing to help. Have a good week-end.

Thanks for the stropping info. I know there's at least one thread on it over in the maintenance & tinkering forum. It seems there are different ways of doing it: slack or stiff backed, leather or balsa wood, loaded or not, etc. I'll just have to sit myself down and practice to find what works for me.

Good morning, Guardians!
jDgpInx.jpg

Its party time Kevin. :thumbsup::D
PARTY AT DAVE'S HOUSE!!!!!!! :D

Merci beaucoup, FBC (although LamBarJack tells me he's ambivalent about being a laughingstock :rolleyes:). :)
I like multi quotes, but I like photos that can be posted in multithreads even better! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I name my lambsfoots, but I've NEVER been reminded of fictional characters by my knives! :thumbsup::D
Wait, are you telling me that the Blues Brothers aren't real?! :eek:;):D

Every great knife need a bespoke suite :)

48256295996_53f8acb09f_z.jpg

Â
Very nice leather work, fitting for such a amazing knife. :thumbsup:

Ha, Kevin, way back I had a '54 VW, with the split rear window. don't think it had enough HP to get out of it's own way. Only heat was in the summer, defrost was something to scrap the ice off the inside of the windshield! Loved that beetle, one I wish I could have kept!
I know exactly how you feel, Preston. I regret selling my VW buses even if none of them had heat, ac, horsepower, windshield wipers or good brakes. :D

Fantastic, pic!

It's not often my pocket knife gets to take part in a historic event! :cool:

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

Many thanks, and congratulations Charlie, the knives are superb :) Well done to all concerned, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, particularly after all this time :) :thumbsup:
Smashing pair, Jack! Am I correct to say that Charlie's Lambsfoot are the first to be US made?

Whoa, I'd apparently forgotten that you had the complete set of Jak's lambsfoot barlows; sweet! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I can see how you could have forgotten, I have been carrying the rosewood HHB almost everyday.

Union Jack came to me from York, with relish:
relish-pile-closed-jpg.1159530
Union Jack's pile side exhibiting some fine grain. :thumbsup:

Great shot there, but I reckon the suspension will give out before it gets to far.:D
I now can't find the recipe I found for pies but I've found others. :thumbsup:
It does appear to be a tad bit over loaded. :D
No worries, no rush on the recipe.

At last....
tip1wBs.jpg
A fine example, Dave! :thumbsup:

48253008516_86c4e4c8b3_h.jpg

Sorry about the mishap, Chris, but these accidents occasionally happen. I dropped my 2017 buffalo horn Guardians lambsfoot from a window sill 5 feet above a stone patio a couple of years ago. The blade was OK, but there were some nasty wounds to the horn (that was my opinion, anyway, immediately after the drop):
But now I don't even notice them! :rolleyes:
Thank you Gary :thumbsup:

Rachel, if you continue to use that fine edge on your rosewood HHB to cut out little steel squares, you definitely should improve your stropping skills! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ha!
At last....
tip1wBs.jpg
Oh, you got a good and groovy one. Congratulations!
Thanks!
Hi, sorry, i didn't explain myself very well. What i meant when i said to get a leather belt was, it is a good and CHEAP way to practice getting the feel of stropping. I found this advise on the forum and went out and got a belt and just started practicing, and when you get the feel, the angle and pressure are right, and you will know straight away. So just try this as a cheap alternative to start with, with other advise from forum threads. Then when you know which way you want to head then you can purchase better strops that will suit you. Some of this stuff can be expensive, so i was just trying to help you with your costs. When i got into stropping, there is so much info. out there it can be very confusing, and my simple brain likes thing that are not confusing e.g.- keep it simple stupid. So i hope i have cleared things up. but you will love it when you get into it, just practice and you will get it right, trust me, if i can, anyone can. But please ask for any advise or help, plenty of good and smart people out there only to willing to help. Have a good week-end.
I gotcha! :cool::thumbsup: It took a lot of trial & error and persistence until I felt confident sharpening freehand on a stone, and I guess I have to go through something similar to get effective at stropping.

Holy cow, I have a LOT of catching up to do! I think this has been my longest absence from BladeForums since I joined, by far. I still haven't been able to kick this post-operative infection. Not fun! I haven't been this sick since I had mono twenty years ago.

I've been feeling a little bit better today, so I was able to go on a short walk and get a little fresh air... Or course, I had to snap a couple pics while I was at it. :)

So while I catch up on the thread, I'll leave you with these pics of the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot in Ironwood! Thank you so much Jack Black Jack Black for this wonderful knife! It's absolutely beautiful. It will be cherished and well used!

mhQoyLL.jpg

9P2emgX.jpg

YWM8LwT.jpg

yeQSm85.jpg

PMwEzi8.jpg

Ha!

Oh, you got a good and groovy one. Congratulations!

I gotcha! :cool::thumbsup: It took a lot of trial & error and persistence until I felt confident sharpening freehand on a stone, and I guess I have to go through something similar to get effective at stropping.
Ya got it one!!! But please don't hesitate to ask if you need any help. You have a good week end.:D

Holy cow, I have a LOT of catching up to do! I think this has been my longest absence from BladeForums since I joined, by far. I still haven't been able to kick this post-operative infection. Not fun! I haven't been this sick since I had mono twenty years ago.

I've been feeling a little bit better today, so I was able to go on a short walk and get a little fresh air... Or course, I had to snap a couple pics while I was at it. :)

So while I catch up on the thread, I'll leave you with these pics of the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot in Ironwood! Thank you so much Jack Black Jack Black for this wonderful knife! It's absolutely beautiful. It will be cherished and well used!
Beautiful knife. Hope your health improves.:)
mhQoyLL.jpg

9P2emgX.jpg

YWM8LwT.jpg

yeQSm85.jpg

PMwEzi8.jpg

Fantastic pic my friend
Thank you Jack.

What a dynamite duo Dwight!
Thank you Ron.

That's a beautiful ironwood lamb! I really am sorry to hear you are still suffering with infection. My goodness how long has it been now? :eek: Great to hear you were feeling better today. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you Jack.

Thank you Ron.

That's a beautiful ironwood lamb! I really am sorry to hear you are still suffering with infection. My goodness how long has it been now? :eek: Great to hear you were feeling better today. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks! The surgery was four weeks ago now. :/ I had no idea they could linger like this either. It started with a low grade fever for the first two weeks and then really started to ramp up after that. These last couple weeks have been pretty brutal. I guess the shoulder joint has a sealed capsule around it that is sealed off from the immune system which makes fighting infections in there particularly hard. I think I've turned a corner over the last couple days though. :)

Back