Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Interesting combo. I wonder how it compares to the notorious peanut buttered hot dog.

I'd go with Nathan's over Oscar Meyer, and Laura Scudder peanut butter.
And spread it with this:
bXfekLN.jpg

Dennis, thank you so much for your post its always a treat, may you have a victorious day my friend. :)
Thank you very much my friend! It's enjoyable with all the other great posts here!:):thumbsup:
Man, you picked a perfect :eek:backdrop for your lamn! Nicely composed, Dave!!:thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! :) It’s shaping up to be a double Lambsfoot day for me! I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D :thumbsup:

48220153551_8d6ebe78c1_b_d.jpg
Well it would be difficult to chose which one to carry, so you made the only viable choice!:D:thumbsup: great photo!:thumbsup:
It's a real tank of a knife but it's the one I carry the least as I just think the pen blade just doesn't add that much to it.

x5Wykns.jpg
Great comparison shot! These days, the slimmer the better for me. I really enjoy a single blade.;):thumbsup:
I'm recovering today as I feel that yesterday at the Wolverhampton 44th Beer Festival I actually drank all the beer...:D
Xs0eodM.jpg

sK6pgP8.jpg
:D
That's a whole lot of amber and gold! Looked like a great time, David! Fum photos. :cool::thumbsup:
Time to break in this one.View attachment 1160558
Nice photo, Alan! Fantastic stag on that one!:):thumbsup:
View attachment 1160565 Good morning guardians starting the day with a buffalo lambsfoot and a breakfast frittata
Can't go wrong with that!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning and a good weekend for all the Guardians!:):thumbsup:

15hh7k8.jpg
Neat photo, José! Looks like your Lamb has on his dancing shoes!:D:thumbsup:
Great picture and use of your tin, Dennis. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks you very much, John!
I'll be bringing my Lambsfoot, but it will be spending most of the day locked in the car.

Safe travels my friend! Remember to keep a window cracked slightly so the Lamb can get some air!:cool::thumbsup:

Cool pic!
Thanks, Dwight!
Apex photo, Dwight!:eek::thumbsup: at sunset?
Here's a recent pic of Union Jack:
uj-pile-vopen-garden-post-jpg.1160622
Grand shot of UJ, Gary!:):thumbsup:
I was just intending to carry this one today...

H63ENGx.jpg

But ended up pocketing Charlie Lamb too :D ;) :thumbsup:

QJFcSti.jpg
A fantastic double-dose to have on hand!:eek::thumbsup:
Ooh! You're gonna forge a fixed blade lambsfoot? :cool::thumbsup: I want to see that!
I will, if I ever get there, Rachel!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
LOL! :D Cool pic John :cool: I took this one for you earlier ;) :thumbsup:

b2uIsf3.jpg
Dang Daleks trying to steal your dandy lamb!!:mad::D:thumbsup:
That's perfect Dennis, cool pic :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack
I really like your "ready" tin. :thumbsup:
Thanks you very much, Jeff!:):thumbsup:
Eggs-stir-men-ate
Such a fantastic picture, Jack. Thank you so much for taking/posting it, I made it my new desktop wallpaper. :cool: :thumbsup:
'Run, you clever boy"!:p:thumbsup:
Bit of a strange carry-on, but the coffee was good at least :thumbsup:

I took Charlie Lamb to see the view from the castle before heading back to Leeds :thumbsup:

dJl22V3.jpg
You can make the best of it if you have some good coffee and a couple of great travel companions! Great photos, Jack!
Love the patina on the Lambsfoot and the tin it rests in. Have a good weekend.
Thank you very much, Harvey!! You as well, amigo!:):thumbsup:
A very special box Dennis!;):thumbsup:
Thank you, José! Too special to just sit in a drawer.:cool::thumbsup:
Great photo & great knife, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:
My Hartshead Barlow looking to the walls of Knaresborough Castle :thumbsup:

QsDSPe6.jpg
Very groovy shot, Jack! Beautiful setting!:eek::thumbsup:
And yet another cool compass / knife foto!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had one similar, but lost it and another mirrored fold type in Iraq!:mad:
I just got one of the wee Fallkniven CC4 ceramic pocket stones, though I have to admit it's rare I need to re-sharpen a knife 'in the field' these days :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

RcN4Bku.jpg
Nice! I need to pick up a set to try!:thumbsup:
A toast to a quick recovery, Dennis!
Here is that fixed Lambsfoot that I have started, it still has a good ways to go. It is 1/4" 1084, I am thinking of trying to do integral bolsters on it.
@Cambertree
48262240631_240d41d9dd_h.jpg
Very cool, FBC!! I look forward to seeing that puppy when finished!:):thumbsup:
I'm off to eat some breakfast and try to get goin' .....yeah, I know it is almost noon. :rolleyes::D
48268975926_053568ef99_b.jpg
Isn't that what Saturdays are for?:cool::thumbsup: Great looking horn being protected!:cool:
A stored special, it's time for this Lambsfoot to go for a ride!! Too lonesome as a "Safe Queen"!!!! Off we go!!View attachment 1160808 View attachment 1160809
I could see why the hesitation! A beauty for sure!;):thumbsup:
Is that some local tribal work around the knife?:thumbsup:
BD getting a bark backscratch!

yKrGI0z.jpg
Nice shot, FBC!
Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
NhtEred.jpg
Awsome, Matt! Hope you get some playing time in!:cool::thumbsup:
Terrific shot, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Gary!:)
Another shot of Union Jack on vacation last summer:
uj-dock-rope-81718-jpg.1160876
Even UJ needs a vaca!:D:thumbsup: Nice pictorial!
After 5 hours in the car, a nice lunch with the folks, yardwork complete, think it's time for a beverage ...

gzTO4vV.jpg
A perfect end to a journey!;):thumbsup:
Chores done for today, time to relax with some ebony.

L5OtHAv.jpg
Another picker! Nice shot!
What brand is that guitar?
Even Daleks like Hartshead Barlows!
Cool shot, Vince!
Maybe I'll use an Arkansas to touch up my Lambfoot.
Such fine ebony, Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Indeed it is. I even took it out for a junk food snack this afternoon. :D

(hey, everyone! They are giving away a A.W.&.S at A&W's!) :p
:D:thumbsup:
Wouldn't that be nice! But then they wouldn't be so special! :):thumbsup:
View attachment 1160963 Nice pictures today folks! Here's mine helping me in the yard today. Cheers!
Ben
Looks like you were well equipped!:cool::thumbsup:
Shoot, one of my multi quotes isn't here!

Back in my pocket today:)
npowbN.jpg
Dandy compass and knife, Paul:):thumbsup: looks like a solid button compass!
Ahhhh, here's my quote that slipped by!!! thanks Dennis and a great video from back when MTV actually played music video's:eek: I remember when cable TV came to our little town in 1980 and this was a great video back in the day (circa 1982):cool::thumbsup:
Also thanks for the inspiration for my photo today;):)
Yeah, a TV channel just for music?:confused::rolleyes:
That's about the same time we got cable in Arapaho Oklahoma!:eek:
Well, Jack inspired mine, so we can thank him!:p:thumbsup:
This is my favorite rosewood lambsfoot that Jack personally handpicked for me, it and a 2018 ebony are my main carry.
lambsfoot-rosewood-and-tin-box-jpg.1161041
Very cool, Dave!:):thumbsup:
And spread it with this:
bXfekLN.jpg
That aught to do it! Crunchy or Creamy!
Always enjoy your weekend selection of refreshments, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looks interesting, Jack; considering a career change?? ;):thumbsup::cool:

Sensational, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I might have to GT, with the rate this thread goes at, I'm not getting much work done lately! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

My Dutch immigrant grandfather tried to convince me this could be done as we brought in a newborn calf from the pasture when I was about 8 or 10. :rolleyes: I had no idea it was actually an ancient Greek legend about an athlete (who apparently knew Pythagoras)!

Such a granddad thing to do! :D :thumbsup:

Another shot of Union Jack on vacation last summer:
View attachment 1160876

Union Jack looks tanned and relaxed Gary :) :thumbsup:

After 5 hours in the car, a nice lunch with the folks, yardwork complete, think it's time for a beverage ...

gzTO4vV.jpg

Sounds like you earned that one :) Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:

Chores done for today, time to relax with some ebony.

L5OtHAv.jpg

Looking good Barry :) :thumbsup:

Oew9gC0.jpg

Even Daleks like Hartshead Barlows!

Hard to believe there's any evil in that Dalek Vince! :D :thumbsup:

Arkansas stones are just fine. There are so many materials available to sharpen knives that it is impossible to say which one is best. Many times it's not the stone but the person that determines a good outcome.

Maybe I'll use an Arkansas to touch up my Lambfoot.

k6PYGnY.jpg

Well said Ed, certainly nothing at all wrong with traditional stones :) My first stones, a large bench stone, and several smaller ones, were given to me by my grandfather, but they weren't good quality stones, and a bit coarse. I would have certainly replaced them with natural stones had I not been gifted the ceramic ones. Over the years I've tried all sorts of sharpening methods, though not as many as some folks here, and they've all worked (some better than others of course) :thumbsup:

Yes sir it is horn, quite nice. Today is the first day that I carried it, the pull on it is quit heavy hope it gets better with use.

The pull will get better or you will! ;) :D They do ease some, and you'll also get used to it, but there's advice in the index about sweetening up a new Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Oh, that's a lovely Rodger's, Jack.

I feel the same way about the diamond stones. The ceramics have a smoother feel, and I don't have to worry if I happen to use too much pressure.

I take it you didn't fall for it? And yet, after all these years, you find yourself adding a knife or two to each week's carry. Soon you'll be able to lift a steel girder.

Indeed it is. I even took it out for a junk food snack this afternoon. :D
SoxbHJ9.jpg

(hey, everyone! They are giving away a A.W.&.S at A&W's!) :p

Thanks Rachel, great post! :D :thumbsup:

Right. These lambsfoot knives are made from simple carbon steel. The straight edge profile is the easiest of all blade shapes to sharpen. Any cheap grocery store stone should be able to put an edge on. If having trouble, the focus should be on improving technique not on upgrading equipment.

Spot on Christian :thumbsup:

View attachment 1160963 Nice pictures today folks! Here's mine helping me in the yard today. Cheers!
Ben

Nice Ben :thumbsup:

Bill, a release of Jacks so I'm uncertain of it's availability on a production level:(

Thanks Jack, he's a wonderful brother but lucky he is not, some "you reap what you sow" and just UNLUCKY in most every other aspect in life. I love him dearly even with the frustration I deal with in regards to his often times poor decision making:)

Thanks Gary, I remember sharing some of the story before via pmo_O

Shoot, one of my multi quotes isn't here!

Back in my pocket today:)
npowbN.jpg

Exclusive to the Guardians :thumbsup:

It sounds like you got the better deal with brothers Paul! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That's a cool little ditty bag with your Lambsfoot Paul, the Maratec (?) compass fits well there :) :thumbsup:

Dynamite double lambsfoots, Ron & Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Guardian groupthink going on? :rolleyes::D

Thanks for the photos of 2-blade lambsfoot knives, David & Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John and Dwight. :)

Thanks, Jack, for the interesting commentary. :) I thought I recalled that you had mentioned that you spoke Arabic years ago, so I thought I'd put an Arabic "thank you" in a comment to you.

Thanks for the "unobstructed hints", Mark. :thumbsup::cool::) Olive oil for a baseball glove is a new one for me; I've always been a neatsfoot oil guy. ;)

Ambrosia, Dave! :thumbsup::D I had a special treat this morning. I toasted a couple slices of bread, put red raspberry jam on both, used Union Jack to cut each into 9 small pieces, and then used a fork to stab toast pieces and wipe them around inside an "empty" peanut butter jar to get the very last of the peanut butter out! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Extraordinary, Taylor! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. :) The mark side also has distinctive stripes. That was one of the first things I noticed about the knife, and led to my naming it Union Jack (with both horizontal and diagonal stripes).

OK, "M"; I often don't know which way is up. :rolleyes:
When Union Jack is not scheduled for pocket carry, he's on the kitchen counter, so he cuts lots of fruits/vegetables.
Good to see your 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot; looks great! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I'm reading a novel in which a couple of robots are major characters, while you actually live with them! ;))

I think you'll like that Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, Charlie! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I sure like mine! :)

Thanks, Harvey. :)

That would explain it, Vince! :D
Peace and Long Life!

Thanks for the info. :) I hope you get used to the stiffer than average pull most lambsfoot knives seem to have.

Your knife analogy is a good one! :D:thumbsup:
Good try to catch us off guard with your little schemes by running them in the off-season, but I still didn't fall for it! :p

That blond horn gets me every time, Ben! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks Gary, you have a good memory my friend :) :thumbsup:

OMG, I never thought of that Vince! :thumbsup::p This is my favorite rosewood lambsfoot that Jack personally handpicked for me, it and a 2018 ebony are my main carry.
View attachment 1161041

:thumbsup:

Awesome! Don't forget to note how the different lambsfoot models compare when it comes to spreading the peanut butter.

Yes, please don't let it spread too far! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

You're making me thirsty Taylor! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend! It's enjoyable with all the other great posts here!:):thumbsup:

Man, you picked a perfect :eek:backdrop for your lamn! Nicely composed, Dave!!:thumbsup:

Well it would be difficult to chose which one to carry, so you made the only viable choice!:D:thumbsup: great photo!:thumbsup:

Great comparison shot! These days, the slimmer the better for me. I really enjoy a single blade.;):thumbsup:

That's a whole lot of amber and gold! Looked like a great time, David! Fum photos. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice photo, Alan! Fantastic stag on that one!:):thumbsup:

Can't go wrong with that!:cool::thumbsup:

Neat photo, José! Looks like your Lamb has on his dancing shoes!:D:thumbsup:

Thanks you very much, John!

Safe travels my friend! Remember to keep a window cracked slightly so the Lamb can get some air!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight!

Apex photo, Dwight!:eek::thumbsup: at sunset?

Grand shot of UJ, Gary!:):thumbsup:

A fantastic double-dose to have on hand!:eek::thumbsup:

I will, if I ever get there, Rachel!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dang Daleks trying to steal your dandy lamb!!:mad::D:thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack

Thanks you very much, Jeff!:):thumbsup:

'Run, you clever boy"!:p:thumbsup:

You can make the best of it if you have some good coffee and a couple of great travel companions! Great photos, Jack!

Thank you very much, Harvey!! You as well, amigo!:):thumbsup:

Thank you, José! Too special to just sit in a drawer.:cool::thumbsup:

Great photo & great knife, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:

Very groovy shot, Jack! Beautiful setting!:eek::thumbsup:

And yet another cool compass / knife foto!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had one similar, but lost it and another mirrored fold type in Iraq!:mad:

Nice! I need to pick up a set to try!:thumbsup:

Very cool, FBC!! I look forward to seeing that puppy when finished!:):thumbsup:

Isn't that what Saturdays are for?:cool::thumbsup: Great looking horn being protected!:cool:

I could see why the hesitation! A beauty for sure!;):thumbsup:
Is that some local tribal work around the knife?:thumbsup:

Nice shot, FBC!

Awsome, Matt! Hope you get some playing time in!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Gary!:)

Even UJ needs a vaca!:D:thumbsup: Nice pictorial!

A perfect end to a journey!;):thumbsup:

Another picker! Nice shot!
What brand is that guitar?

Cool shot, Vince!

Such fine ebony, Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:
Wouldn't that be nice! But then they wouldn't be so special! :):thumbsup:

Looks like you were well equipped!:cool::thumbsup:

Dandy compass and knife, Paul:):thumbsup: looks like a solid button compass!

Yeah, a TV channel just for music?:confused::rolleyes:
That's about the same time we got cable in Arapaho Oklahoma!:eek:
Well, Jack inspired mine, so we can thank him!:p:thumbsup:

Very cool, Dave!:):thumbsup:

That aught to do it! Crunchy

Always enjoy your weekend selection of refreshments, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you for all the kind comments Dennis :) I think I have a spare Silva Type 4 if it's of use to you? :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I am ready for another cup of coffee (already had one with my peanut butter on toasted sourdough)! :D :thumbsup:

I meant to carry something different today, maybe try out Charlie's sweet ebony Lambsfoot, but I ended up with these two, simply because they were still in my pockets from yesterday :D Have a great Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

0MNcR6F.jpg

Wt8evHF.jpg

Back