1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I AM half-Vulcan, you know.

Live long and prosper!

2. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Even Daleks like Hartshead Barlows!

3. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Arkansas stones are just fine. There are so many materials available to sharpen knives that it is impossible to say which one is best. Many times it's not the stone but the person that determines a good outcome.

Maybe I'll use an Arkansas to touch up my Lambfoot.

[​IMG]

4. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Yes sir it is horn, quite nice. Today is the first day that I carried it, the pull on it is quit heavy hope it gets better with use.

5. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Oh, that's a lovely Rodger's, Jack.
    I feel the same way about the diamond stones. The ceramics have a smoother feel, and I don't have to worry if I happen to use too much pressure.

I take it you didn't fall for it? And yet, after all these years, you find yourself adding a knife or two to each week's carry. Soon you'll be able to lift a steel girder.
    Indeed it is. I even took it out for a junk food snack this afternoon. :D
    [​IMG]
    (hey, everyone! They are giving away a A.W.&.S at A&W's!) :p

6. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Right. These lambsfoot knives are made from simple carbon steel. The straight edge profile is the easiest of all blade shapes to sharpen. Any cheap grocery store stone should be able to put an edge on. If having trouble, the focus should be on improving technique not on upgrading equipment.

OLd_gUY, Modoc ED, Cambertree and 5 others like this.
  7. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_1303.JPG Nice pictures today folks! Here's mine helping me in the yard today. Cheers!
    Ben

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :)

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

10. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    No hunting this little fella, he's so well behaved:)

Thanks Ron, it's had some interesting days in it's brief history;) great duo:thumbsup:

Totally agree donn, these local finches are fun little daredevils to watch:thumbsup:

Bill, a release of Jacks so I'm uncertain of it's availability on a production level:(

Thanks Jack, he's a wonderful brother but lucky he is not, some "you reap what you sow" and just UNLUCKY in most every other aspect in life. I love him dearly even with the frustration I deal with in regards to his often times poor decision making:)

Thanks Gary, I remember sharing some of the story before via pmo_O

Shoot, one of my multi quotes isn't here!

Back in my pocket today:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  11. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Ahhhh, here's my quote that slipped by!!! thanks Dennis and a great video from back when MTV actually played music video's:eek: I remember when cable TV came to our little town in 1980 and this was a great video back in the day (circa 1982):cool::thumbsup:

Also thanks for the inspiration for my photo today;):)

glennbad, OLd_gUY, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  12. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Dynamite double lambsfoots, Ron & Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Guardian groupthink going on? :rolleyes::D

Thanks for the photos of 2-blade lambsfoot knives, David & Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John and Dwight. :)

Thanks, Jack, for the interesting commentary. :) I thought I recalled that you had mentioned that you spoke Arabic years ago, so I thought I'd put an Arabic "thank you" in a comment to you.

Thanks for the "unobstructed hints", Mark. :thumbsup::cool::) Olive oil for a baseball glove is a new one for me; I've always been a neatsfoot oil guy. ;)

Ambrosia, Dave! :thumbsup::D I had a special treat this morning. I toasted a couple slices of bread, put red raspberry jam on both, used Union Jack to cut each into 9 small pieces, and then used a fork to stab toast pieces and wipe them around inside an "empty" peanut butter jar to get the very last of the peanut butter out! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Extraordinary, Taylor! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. :) The mark side also has distinctive stripes. That was one of the first things I noticed about the knife, and led to my naming it Union Jack (with both horizontal and diagonal stripes).

OK, "M"; I often don't know which way is up. :rolleyes:
    When Union Jack is not scheduled for pocket carry, he's on the kitchen counter, so he cuts lots of fruits/vegetables.
    Good to see your 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot; looks great! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I'm reading a novel in which a couple of robots are major characters, while you actually live with them! ;))

I think you'll like that Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, Charlie! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I sure like mine! :)

Thanks, Harvey. :)

That would explain it, Vince! :D
    Peace and Long Life!

Thanks for the info. :) I hope you get used to the stiffer than average pull most lambsfoot knives seem to have.

Your knife analogy is a good one! :D:thumbsup:
    Good try to catch us off guard with your little schemes by running them in the off-season, but I still didn't fall for it! :p

That blond horn gets me every time, Ben! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, Dschal and 10 others like this.
  13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Had to check my calendar. Not April 1.
    ;)

OLd_gUY, r8shell, Fodderwing and 8 others like this.
  14. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    ;):D

15. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Wow! I never woulda thunk of that. Nine equal slices, like making a tic-tac-toe grid?
    77A43DCC-674C-4CBB-BD2D-D765FAB47237.jpeg

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Paul! Better be careful these Lambs are addictive! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary! What’s that saying about great minds? ;) :D

17. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    GT Your a man of intelligence charm and whit :thumbsup: I could just about agree with you that peanut butter is of the gods. ;) As I have claimed before its SPAM that's the Ambrosia for mankind. :p:D

donn, TFBraden, OLd_gUY and 5 others like this.
  18. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    What a great looking ebony Paul, it's still my favorite of the lambs. :thumbsup::cool:

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, Cambertree and 5 others like this.
  19. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Have you tried a Spam and peanut butter sandwich?

20. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    This is my favorite rosewood lambsfoot that Jack personally handpicked for me, it and a 2018 ebony are my main carry.
    Lambsfoot Rosewood and tin box.JPG

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019