1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Gotta git me one of those!

[​IMG]

2. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    I'm hoping our resident experts will chime in on this. Concerning vintage Lambfoot knife makers. Who were the makers of the now most collectable knives that were made in Sheffield? I realize things are different in these modern times and all but way back when...who were the premier names?

[​IMG]

Jack Black likes this.
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Paul! :) Pam used to take a lot of my knife photos when we used a DSLR. Since I had cataract surgery on both eyes three years ago I can see through the viewfinder a lot better! ;) But it doesn’t matter now that I take all of my photos with my 6S. :p Most of them turn out pretty good! :D

4. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Well, I'm about two (probably closer to three) weeks late posting both of these beauties, but hey... better late than never! o_O :D

[​IMG]

I love the blade etch on both of these. The "REAL LAMBFOOT KNIFE" is simple and traditional, and the Hartshead Barlow etch is absolutely beautiful! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I thought this was a particularly nice touch on Charlie's Lambsfoot. :cool:

[​IMG]

To @Jack Black, @waynorth and the folks at Wright's and GEC -- well done all around! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Two beauties Barrett! :thumbsup: They are instant classics! :) :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb, Jack Black, OLd_gUY and 4 others like this.
  6. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Great pair and pictures Barrett:cool::thumbsup:

7. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Hello Guardians!
    Yes, a Potassium Permanganate solution would be my suggestion, gents. I often use it, applied with a fine artists paintbrush to ‘liven up’ a piece of dull stag or bone. I brush it on as if ‘shading’ the grooves, then leave it for a minute or two, and wipe off with tissue paper, then polish with a piece of buffing compound loaded scrap leather. PM me for details if you like. Also bear in mind that so called ‘natural stag’ antler has often already had that treatment applied to it before it has been sold to knifemakers. (But make sure the paintbrush is no longer used, as the PP solution will chew up and disintegrate the bristles.)

Yes, that’s the best approach to have, I think, Rachel.:thumbsup:

Cheers Dwight!:)

Thank you kindly, Preston!:thumbsup:

Thanks Jack - no worries at all, I’m glad to see you out and about, my friend.:)

Thanks GT. OK, far be it from me to keep you in suspense, my friend.:p;):)

3D65E9E3-9B54-421B-A5A0-15EAA8B07AB4.jpeg

This is a quick pic I took before meeting up with @cudgee to pass on his Waynorth Lambsfoot. These are really breathtaking knives. I’ll write a fuller review when I’ve had time to sharpen mine up and put it to a bit of use.

I’m glad to hear that Cudgee put his to work straight away!

I'm very grateful to Charlie, who graciously ensured that the Australian chapter of the Guardians were looked after.:thumbsup::cool::)

I pocketed mine for a weekend out in the bush:

93F94D84-38B6-4239-B7E2-0EA0B2D4AD8B.jpeg

GT, I’d say that besides Cudgee and myself, there are two other Guardians in Oz. @meako is currently in delinquent member status :eek::D:p;) not having posted a Lambsfoot here for a while. However, old hands will recall, he is infamous for Ol’ Snotty (or Kermit), a named Lambsfoot which he dyed a certain shade of green, and which has done the rounds of a few Porch members. If I recall aright, it’s now with @redsparrow ?

Then there’s my friend 1500international, who no longer maintains an account here, I believe, but who is most certainly a Guardian of the Lambsfoot of the first order. When I started posting here, he contacted me privately and invited me to look over his marvellous collection. The Harrison Brothers and Howson Lambsfoot knife posted recently is from his collection, as well as the other extraordinary pieces linked in the quoted post.

David! Do you mean to tell me you only carry ONE Lambsfoot! And there I was, thinking what a top bloke you were! I’m surprised they let you into Yorkshire at all, mate! LOL!:D:p;)

I found myself with three in my pocketses, while I was up in the High Country this weekend, which is no doubt a bit excessive.;):eek: (The Hartshead and Waynorth were for photo opps, and the Ironwood 2019 is my current favourite user.)

8433774E-672B-4327-ADDE-68D658642325.jpeg

Thanks again, Dwight. ANZAC soldiers actually dug in at the pass at Thermopylae during the Greek campaign in WW2, fighting a delaying action against a German battle group.

Cheers fellas, ha ha it takes a long time. I’d say 90% of my posts are done on the phone!
    My pleasure Bill. Good to see you enjoying your new Lambsfoot, and posting great photos like this:
    Thanks Kevin, that FB Lambsfoot is lookin’ good. Are you going with a swayback handle shape, too?
    Great knife, great album!:cool:

Outstanding, my friend. I hope you feel better soon. I’d love to see a Lambsfoot in 52100 steel. It takes a great edge, IMHO.

I found a place in Dandenong that makes them, David. I had an interesting chat with Rob the butcher who is from Newark Nottinghamshire, but worked at a butchers in Yorkshire. He said that Australian weather conditions mandate the use of cured pork, but apart from that, they are the definitely the genuine article. When I mentioned that a mate in Lancashire had put me onto the English Pork Pie, he said to tell you he does a great cheese and onion pie too - he said you’ll know what he means.;):thumbsup:

3E70E0A0-D047-4743-86B9-B36E85AD22FE.jpeg
    EBC32CEE-9CD6-4F47-BF75-1EB6439CA122.jpeg

I followed your good advice Taylor!;):cool:
    300784E4-D5BA-4E0D-90A2-A3ED5E87E0BB.jpeg
    517E9A8B-DA58-4658-BD16-0471CDC9F0CB.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @waynorth Thank you Charlie.

@dc50 Thank you Dave.

@WhittlinAway Thank you Greg for the book tip.

@pjsjr Thank you kindly Preston. another great looking compass.

pjsjr, mitch4ging, dc50 and 1 other person like this.
  9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190714_180624.jpg

Hairy Clipper, donn, pjsjr and 17 others like this.
  10. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Paul. That looks like good eating on the grill! :)

Cheers Mate! :cool:

IMG_3854.jpeg

11. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    That is a way cool pic, Dennis!

Stunning pic, like usual, Dwight! I look forward to this thread for a number of reasons, your pics are high on that list! :thumbsup:

Nice collection of lambs there, Preston!

Beautiful ebony guys! Great pics!

Holy cow @OLd_gUY, what a herd that is! :eek::thumbsup:

Wow, those HH are some stout knives! Interesting perspective pic! :thumbsup:

12. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    That herd would bring top dollar at the saleyards on market day!!!

13. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    That is a herd of high quality thoroughbreds OG and nicely portrayed. Don't worry about commenting on everything but please know this - I always enjoy your posts, humor, anecdotes and other contributions.

Thank you Matt. Your kind words are greatly appreciated my friend.

donn, Half/Stop, Ramrodmb and 8 others like this.
  14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    here here! :thumbsup::D

15. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Thanks, guys! :thumbsup: Paul, I've got you added to the map now, as requested. :thumbsup:

If anyone else isn't on the Guardians Map and would like to be, just let me know (either here in the thread or via PM) and I'll get you on there! :thumbsup:

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Holy Cow OG... That quite a nice looking herd of Lambs. :cool::thumbsup:

You stole the line I was going to use. :( :D :cool: :thumbsup:

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Had a nice drive up to McCloud through the mountains. Beautiful evening, took a walk around town and had a nice dinner. Drove out to check the river, now back at the hotel. I won't be on here too much in the next couple of days, so you'll have to excuse my limited "Quote and Respond."

The Hotel
    [​IMG]

The River
    [​IMG]

The Lamb
    [​IMG]

18. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks for the details, Chin, I intend to do it. Now I just gotta find the PP.

19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I just checked it out John, it looks like a nice stay.:thumbsup::cool:

cigarrodog and OLd_gUY like this.
  20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    It is a relaxing little place and full of California logging history. It has a vault from the old Bank of Italy which then became either the first or second Bank of America. The hotel used to be a logging company headquarters and bank.

[​IMG]