Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It is a relaxing little place and full of California logging history. It has a vault from the old Bank of Italy which then became either the first or second Bank of America. The hotel used to be a logging company headquarters and bank.

Having your own walk-in vault would be awesome! I wonder how many lambsfoot knives that thing can hold. :)

Having your own walk-in vault would be awesome! I wonder how many lambsfoot knives that thing can hold. :)
I'll try to catch a photo of the worker's vault. It's huge and has thousands of non-locking safety deposit boxes. It's very cool.

Edit:
I found a picture of it on-line. Just think of the knife collection you could have stored here? :cool: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Crikey! Your going to need a sheep dog to keep all them in line. :thumbsup:
Thank you. I'm working with Scooter but she just doesn't seem to grasp the herding idea :rolleyes:
Pretty good at one on one, though ;)
KKoPpmV.jpg

Just an excellent flock of lambs, OG. I understand with your feeling about the pace of this thread and trying to keep up. I just do what I can when I can and live with it.:thumbsup:

Holy cow OLd_gUY OLd_gUY , what a herd that is! :eek::thumbsup:
That herd would bring top dollar at the saleyards on market day!!!

That is a herd of high quality thoroughbreds OG and nicely portrayed. Don't worry about commenting on everything but please know this - I always enjoy your posts, humor, anecdotes and other contributions.
here here! :thumbsup::D
Holy Cow OG... That quite a nice looking herd of Lambs. :cool::thumbsup:
You stole the line I was going to use. :( :D :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you very much one and all. Your words are deeply appreciated. And of course mega thanks @gunstockjack , Jack Black Jack Black and @waynorth
Had a nice drive up to McCloud through the mountains. Beautiful evening, took a walk around town and had a nice dinner. Drove out to check the river, now back at the hotel. I won't be on here too much in the next couple of days, so you'll have to excuse my limited "Quote and Respond."

The Hotel

The River

The Lamb
Glad you made it safe and sound :) Beautiful spot. Now, get up early and catch a bunch of trout. Wishing you tight lines.
OG

Attachments

• Scooter and Emmylou_400_HDR.jpg
    Scooter and Emmylou_400_HDR.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1
I think I have a spare Silva Type 4 if it's of use to you?
You are too kind, Jack, but I wouldn't want to tap into your collection!
Fantastic composition Dennis, I kept my compass in the same pouch for years
Thank you, Jack! That was our old LBE stuff. I always had a new set of stuff for inspection!:D:thumbsup:
I meant to carry something different today, maybe try out Charlie's sweet ebony Lambsfoot, but I ended up with these two, simply because they were still in my pockets from yesterday :D Have a great Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

0MNcR6F.jpg

Wt8evHF.jpg
I can see those two becoming habitual!:):thumbsup: Great background scenery!
Dennis, fantastic content and photo!!;):thumbsup:
Thank you very much, José!
Good morning and good Sunday Guardians!:):thumbsup:

2qbgj7n.jpg
Absolute classic, José!:cool::thumbsup:
Nice shot! Is that your Ironwood?:thumbsup::cool:
Yes it is! Seemed fitting to use it for now...;):thumbsup:
Great image, Dennis!:cool:
Thank you very much, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:
Happy Sunday Guardians! Enjoy the last of the weekend!

oWSpy8r.jpg
Fantastic Foto's, Mark!:eek::thumbsup:
I parked it in the shade. The Lamb was lonely but was super happy to see me return. :D
:D:thumbsup:
I think I might take my Hartshead to force myself to use it and bond with it. :D
Can't go wrong with that!! Nice shot John!:):thumbsup:
Great pic!
Thank you very much, Dwight!
Three days of rain on the way. I LOVE IT. :D
img_9531-jpeg.1161189
Isn't that something, we get flooded out, tired of the rain, then we can't wait to finally get some!
Terrific photo, Dwight!
I DO KNOW! :rolleyes: :D

43709173820_61968d004a_b_d.jpg
Yes you do! Wonderful photo, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1161217 Good day guardians I have been waiting to post this because it took some searching to put this pair together as they should be.Charlie did a great job making this happen
Glad you finally posted, great looking pair!:cool::thumbsup:
All that talk of sharpening...

9pEYhGn.jpg
Aramis, Porthos, and Athos! Sharp trio of lambs, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
Nothing goes to waste at Grumble Towers, even all those international postal receipts find a use in my sharpening box! ;) :D :thumbsup:

iQg3pcu.jpg
Can't say you're not "green"!;):thumbsup:
Nice photo, Greg! .....kinda reminds me of The Beatles White album, here for a detailed comparison!:p:thumbsup:
21IVvn7zGAL._SX355_.jpg
just incredible.
DSC_0362.JPG
The thread does move at light speed! Now that's a roll-o-fun!! Nice photo!:):thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis, great job with the multi-quote postings and the re-purposing of the tin.
Thank you very much, Preston!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning all! Thanks for the kind welcome the past couple days. Today I'm off house hunting, maybe this gal will bring me some luck ...

AdEQkLo.jpg
Happy House Hunting! Just remember, wherever you go, the pig ALWAYS points to...BACON!:p
Nice photo!:thumbsup:
That image is just too cool! Between you and Jack, I’m thinking “I need one.” Even if I don’t know how to properly use one.:) Great kit, Dennis.
Thank you very much for the kind words, Harvey!
If nothing else, if only to find north to get your bearings, they are handy to have when you need one.
Good Morning Guardians.
50B0C994-5A3D-416D-94A1-D29F7C0FA7AF_zpsryiyps68.jpeg
Great shot, Harvey! Seems like a pair of your most comfortable old shoes you couldn't throw away!:):thumbsup:
my young lady is on her way over, and I just asked her if she fancied a Moscow Mule with the burgers I'm making! I don't think I've cut a lime since Christmas :cool: :) :thumbsup:

X3F5Bvy.jpg
Seems like a nice meal in store! Love lime in my beer, on fajitas and a little on the guacamole!:cool::thumbsup:
Lost every quote except the two above!
I understand your pain, Dwight! It's a real frustrating event!
Nice pboto of a great knife!:cool:
Hope y'all are having a nice relaxing Sunday. I'll be back a little later to catch up on quotes , comments and the like.
48275943617_80ce651e63_h.jpg
Mucho Macho Monkey, Mi hombre!:D:thumbsup: Glad he's overlooking your great looking lamb!:cool::thumbsup:
I get more than a little overwhelmed when trying to comment on all the fine pics posted by y'all. Must be old age catching up with me a little :( Guess it will be clicking the "like" button from now on. Hope that will suffice and isn't too impolite
You're not the only one, OG! When I get behind, all I can do is like all the back pages and only respond to the posts of the current day, and that still takes more than a couple of hours!:confused::oops:
Here's the herd
AY5BnGs.jpg
Impressive Lot of Lambs!:):thumbsup: Need to add one more for an even dozen!:cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had superb weekend :) Think I'm going to start off the week with these two :) :thumbsup:

Deb9kV1.jpg

vD6UpTH.jpg
Great photos, Jack! That should get you out of some tight spots!;):thumbsup:
Back in 1982, I was a Youth Worker, with a modest expense account of £100 a year. Since I took kids hiking, camping, and climbing, and taught them navigation, among other things, I thought that the purchase of a compass was a reasonable investment :) When I bought this Silva Type 4, I never expected that I'd still be using it all these years later. I remember looking at that cheap plastic case, and thinking it'd last about 5 minutes. Yet, decades later, after a great deal of use, I still have the original case and instructions, and I am still relying on this relatively simple compass to get me home :) :thumbsup:

JzTPkgT.jpg
Cool story and compass, Jack!
My military one took me many miles in the Army in land nav. Then in the gulf war, ( to somewhat answer @Onebigbill's question), we did have GPS, and it was fairly new, and you would frequently loose a satellite, and since you need three to triangulate, and four to give you elevation, losing one could throw you off in a bad kind of way. Don't want to drive right up to the enemy when that's not the plan yet.
We wound up putting in fairly large maritime dash compasses, kill the light, and keep up with some dead reckoning with a map :)( :rolleyes: large tan sheets of paper with few terrain marks) and keeping track of the odometer reading. Good times!:D:thumbsup:
Thank you Charlie :) :thumbsup:

IntOhLO.jpg
Beautiful knife, but I keep looking for Waldo in the background!:p
My Hartshead is both thicker and heavier than my twin-blade.:)
46PGHY6.jpg
Well the Heartshead is a unique exception!:cool::thumbsup:
Is that your military issue compass? (Is it the Bremer??) Looks very similar.
Yes it is a military issued compass, and you buy them as well on the open market/ on line, just watch out for the "military style" versions. Real military versions should have Tritium markings on the face.:thumbsup:
This wasn't today, but it's how I've ended the evening.
beOHAkp.jpg
I like your style, David!:cool::thumbsup:
Great photo, Harvey! But the background reminds me of the old Roger Miller song, 'King of the Road', ...I smoke old stogies I have found, short but not too big around...:D:thumbsup:
I'm loving these photos of compasses and lambsfoot knives. Mind if I join in the fun?

T9aGbZMh.jpg
You bet, seems to be the direction we're going!:D Nice setup!:):thumbsup:
Maps and compass are essential parts of my pack when hunting.
IMG_1244.JPG
Nice, Preston! Smart! Do you have to check in with the Forest Service to submit your plan? Do you go on horseback, or hike in?
Thanks David, great Stag on your HHB:cool::thumbsup:
Porterhouse for Nanc (yep, her's is bigger):eek::D and ribeye for me:thumbsup: I won a Traeger last summer, but just can't part with this old Char Broil:oops:
Ebony worked fantastic to check medium rare:thumbsup:
52ACdX.jpg

JusDMw.jpg

zTkVYT.jpg
Nice shot, Paul! I can smell the steaks!:cool::thumbsup: We still use our charcoal grill (no propane!), and we bought a Traeger a couple of years ago, they are great! Fast as a propane, but better flavor!:thumbsup:
better late than never! o_O :D

TjOL3vt.jpg
Glad you posted them, great lookers!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks GT. OK, far be it from me to keep you in suspense, my friend.:p;):)

3d65e9e3-9b54-421b-a5a0-15eaa8b07ab4-jpeg.1161140
Great photo of a wonderful pair of aces, Chin!:):thumbsup:
I found myself with three in my pocketses, while I was up in the High Country this weekend, which is no doubt a bit excessive.;):eek: (The Hartshead and Waynorth were for photo opps, and the Ironwood 2019 is my current favourite user.)

8433774e-672b-4327-adde-68d658642325-jpeg.1161602
"What does it have in it's pocketses":p:thumbsup:
At least you have a backup just in case while up there! Handsome foto, Chin!:thumbsup:
Outstanding, my friend. I hope you feel better soon. I’d love to see a Lambsfoot in 52100 steel. It tak
Thank you very much, sir! Now if I can bring it to fruition! Kevin is much further along than
I followed your good advice Taylor!;):cool:
300784e4-d5ba-4e0d-90a2-a3ed5e87e0bb-jpeg.1161600

517e9a8b-da58-4658-bd16-0471cdc9f0cb-jpeg.1161601

Patina is coming along great, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:
Cheers Mate! :cool:

img_3854-jpeg.1161618
Fantastic photo, Dwight! The Damascus is grand!:):thumbsup:
That is a way cool pic, Dennis!
Thank you so very much, Matt!

Last edited:
Thank you again, Jack. I say that knowing it was you kindly gifted me this antique beauty.

My memory is like a sieve Harvey! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps for your comments.:thumbsup: However, I think I may, yet again, of been talking pants.:) I just so happened to have my twin blade and my Hartshead together and thought I'd compare.
And what do you know. My Hartshead is both thicker and heavier than my twin-blade.:)
46PGHY6.jpg

This wasn't today, but it's how I've ended the evening.
beOHAkp.jpg

That's very interesting David, I'll have to say how mine compares to my Needham, which has certainly, hitherto, been the beast of my collection. Albeit a beautiful beast! :D

cDz5KMY.jpg

That looks like a very civilized evening my friend :) :thumbsup:

Striking pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoyed the Mules and had a good evening. :thumbsup:

I'm amazed I was still managing to post! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I'm loving these photos of compasses and lambsfoot knives. Mind if I join in the fun?

T9aGbZMh.jpg

@cigarrodog this book is where I learned the basics, which is about all I know. It's been sitting dormant on my bookshelf for maybe 15 years. I really should refresh my memory and maybe learn something new while I'm at it. It's quite fun stuff.

Fantastic pic Greg, get out there and take that path less travelled! ;) :) :thumbsup:

Thank you one and all :thumbsup: I'm still kickin', Jack :D

Great to hear OG :) :thumbsup:

A

And a good start it will be.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Thanks Bill :) :thumbsup:

Why not use GPS? Ha Ha, just kidding

LOL! How long you got? :D ;) I don't get out as much as I did once, but I have always found it very satisfying being able to navigate over near featureless terrain, and get to an exact spot, which may just be a cairn or a spring. Not sure that would be possible with GPS, and I certainly wouldn't get the sense of satisfaction. I note that, while GPS manufacturers, still say the devices should be used in conjunction with map and compass, I see many folks wandering around lost because they just have a mobile phone o_O

When the first civilian GPS were being launched, as equipment editor of the UK's oldest outdoor publication, I was invited to a press launch in the English Lake District by one of the manufacturers. We listened through what was a rather tediously-presented and overly-long lecture before going out to field-test the UK's first civilian GPS. We walked halfway up one of the Lake District's better-known hills before our glorious leader turned on the device - only to find that the batteries were flat! :rolleyes: :D

That we have. There have been more clients and more dogs. Competitions are at their height and the hunting season is rapidly approaching. It's all good, I'm glad for the trainer.

Ashes to ashes, butts to butts...well something like that, none the less, another great photo!

Maps and compass are essential parts of my pack when hunting.
IMG_1244.JPG

It sounds like you and Dutch are going to be even busier Preston :) Nice photo my friend :thumbsup:

Stellar Duo Mark:thumbsup:

Great duo as well Dwight:cool:

Awesome pic Ron, is there a Pam influence there;):thumbsup:

Great read Greg and love the diversity in the horn:cool:

Thanks David, great Stag on your HHB:cool::thumbsup:
Porterhouse for Nanc (yep, her's is bigger):eek::D and ribeye for me:thumbsup: I won a Traeger last summer, but just can't part with this old Char Broil:oops:
Ebony worked fantastic to check medium rare:thumbsup:
52ACdX.jpg

JusDMw.jpg

zTkVYT.jpg

Great pics Ron :) :thumbsup:

I'm hoping our resident experts will chime in on this. Concerning vintage Lambfoot knife makers. Who were the makers of the now most collectable knives that were made in Sheffield? I realize things are different in these modern times and all but way back when...who were the premier names?

Generally speaking, I think the knives of the better known Sheffield manufacturers, such as Joseph Rodgers and George Wostenholm (both of whom made Lambsfoot knives), seem to be the most widely collected, but while I also collect both, I have always found the smaller manufacturers to be the more interesting. Taylor's Eye Witness certainly made some great-looking Lambsfoot knives, and some unusual ones, such as this Barlow I was kindly loaned for a while, made for the Australian market, with two full-size blades, a Clip and a Lambsfoot (seen here outside the old TEW works) :thumbsup:

1GT8mXI.jpg

Well, I'm about two (probably closer to three) weeks late posting both of these beauties, but hey... better late than never! o_O :D

TjOL3vt.jpg

I love the blade etch on both of these. The "REAL LAMBFOOT KNIFE" is simple and traditional, and the Hartshead Barlow etch is absolutely beautiful! :thumbsup:

EoYuNVv.jpg

I thought this was a particularly nice touch on Charlie's Lambsfoot. :cool:

RepOin8.jpg

To Jack Black Jack Black , @waynorth and the folks at Wright's and GEC -- well done all around! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Those two look great together Barrett, smashing pics :) I love the 'Oil The Joints' stamp too. I have asked Wright's about adding one several times, but there is always quibbling about stamping both sides of the tang, I forget what the possible issue was, but certainly nothing that could not be surmounted, clearly :rolleyes:

Hello Guardians!

Yes, a Potassium Permanganate solution would be my suggestion, gents. I often use it, applied with a fine artists paintbrush to ‘liven up’ a piece of dull stag or bone. I brush it on as if ‘shading’ the grooves, then leave it for a minute or two, and wipe off with tissue paper, then polish with a piece of buffing compound loaded scrap leather. PM me for details if you like. Also bear in mind that so called ‘natural stag’ antler has often already had that treatment applied to it before it has been sold to knifemakers. (But make sure the paintbrush is no longer used, as the PP solution will chew up and disintegrate the bristles.)

Yes, that’s the best approach to have, I think, Rachel.:thumbsup:

Cheers Dwight!:)

Thank you kindly, Preston!:thumbsup:

Thanks Jack - no worries at all, I’m glad to see you out and about, my friend.:)

Thanks GT. OK, far be it from me to keep you in suspense, my friend.:p;):)

View attachment 1161140

This is a quick pic I took before meeting up with @cudgee to pass on his Waynorth Lambsfoot. These are really breathtaking knives. I’ll write a fuller review when I’ve had time to sharpen mine up and put it to a bit of use.

I’m glad to hear that Cudgee put his to work straight away!

I'm very grateful to Charlie, who graciously ensured that the Australian chapter of the Guardians were looked after.:thumbsup::cool::)

I pocketed mine for a weekend out in the bush:

View attachment 1161605

GT, I’d say that besides Cudgee and myself, there are two other Guardians in Oz. @meako is currently in delinquent member status :eek::D:p;) not having posted a Lambsfoot here for a while. However, old hands will recall, he is infamous for Ol’ Snotty (or Kermit), a named Lambsfoot which he dyed a certain shade of green, and which has done the rounds of a few Porch members. If I recall aright, it’s now with @redsparrow ?

Then there’s my friend 1500international, who no longer maintains an account here, I believe, but who is most certainly a Guardian of the Lambsfoot of the first order. When I started posting here, he contacted me privately and invited me to look over his marvellous collection. The Harrison Brothers and Howson Lambsfoot knife posted recently is from his collection, as well as the other extraordinary pieces linked in the quoted post.

David! Do you mean to tell me you only carry ONE Lambsfoot! And there I was, thinking what a top bloke you were! I’m surprised they let you into Yorkshire at all, mate! LOL!:D:p;)

I found myself with three in my pocketses, while I was up in the High Country this weekend, which is no doubt a bit excessive.;):eek: (The Hartshead and Waynorth were for photo opps, and the Ironwood 2019 is my current favourite user.)

View attachment 1161602

Thanks again, Dwight. ANZAC soldiers actually dug in at the pass at Thermopylae during the Greek campaign in WW2, fighting a delaying action against a German battle group.

Cheers fellas, ha ha it takes a long time. I’d say 90% of my posts are done on the phone!

My pleasure Bill. Good to see you enjoying your new Lambsfoot, and posting great photos like this:

Thanks Kevin, that FB Lambsfoot is lookin’ good. Are you going with a swayback handle shape, too?

Great knife, great album!:cool:

Outstanding, my friend. I hope you feel better soon. I’d love to see a Lambsfoot in 52100 steel. It takes a great edge, IMHO.

I found a place in Dandenong that makes them, David. I had an interesting chat with Rob the butcher who is from Newark Nottinghamshire, but worked at a butchers in Yorkshire. He said that Australian weather conditions mandate the use of cured pork, but apart from that, they are the definitely the genuine article. When I mentioned that a mate in Lancashire had put me onto the English Pork Pie, he said to tell you he does a great cheese and onion pie too - he said you’ll know what he means.;):thumbsup:

View attachment 1161606
View attachment 1161603

I followed your good advice Taylor!;):cool:
View attachment 1161600
View attachment 1161601

A cracking post, full of great information and fantastic photos, as always, my friend :) I love the title 'Victorian Sausage King'! :D :thumbsup:

Nice to see the etch is surviving Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Fab photo Dwight :) :thumbsup:

That is a herd of high quality thoroughbreds OG and nicely portrayed. Don't worry about commenting on everything but please know this - I always enjoy your posts, humor, anecdotes and other contributions.

Nicely said :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup: Paul, I've got you added to the map now, as requested. :thumbsup:

If anyone else isn't on the Guardians Map and would like to be, just let me know (either here in the thread or via PM) and I'll get you on there! :thumbsup:

Well done Barrett, thanks for all your hard work my friend :) :thumbsup:

Had a nice drive up to McCloud through the mountains. Beautiful evening, took a walk around town and had a nice dinner. Drove out to check the river, now back at the hotel. I won't be on here too much in the next couple of days, so you'll have to excuse my limited "Quote and Respond."

The Hotel

The River

The Lamb

Thanks for the great pics John, hope you and your wife are having a wonderful time :) :thumbsup:

Thank you. I'm working with Scooter but she just doesn't seem to grasp the herding idea :rolleyes:
Pretty good at one on one, though ;)
KKoPpmV.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

You are too kind, Jack, but I wouldn't want to tap into your collection!

Thank you, Jack! That was our old LBE stuff. I always had a new set of stuff for inspection!:D:thumbsup:

I can see those two becoming habitual!:):thumbsup: Great background scenery!

Thank you very much, José!

Absolute classic, José!:cool::thumbsup:

Yes it is! Seemed fitting to use it for now...;):thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic Foto's, Mark!:eek::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:

Can't go wrong with that!! Nice shot John!:):thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Dwight!

Isn't that something, we get flooded out, tired of the rain, then we can't wait to finally get some!
Terrific photo, Dwight!

Yes you do! Wonderful photo, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:

Glad you finally posted, great looking pair!:cool::thumbsup:

Aramis, Porthos, and Athos! Sharp trio of lambs, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Can't say you're not "green"!;):thumbsup:

Nice photo, Greg! .....kinda reminds me of The Beatles White album, here for a detailed comparison!:p:thumbsup:
View attachment 1161709

The thread does move at light speed! Now that's a roll-o-fun!! Nice photo!:):thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Preston!:cool::thumbsup:

Happy House Hunting! Just remember, wherever you go, the pig ALWAYS points to...BACON!:p
Nice photo!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the kind words, Harvey!
If nothing else, if only to find north to get your bearings, they are handy to have when you need one.

Great shot, Harvey! Seems like a pair of your most comfortable old shoes you couldn't throw away!:):thumbsup:

Seems like a nice meal in store! Love lime in my beer, on fajitas and a little on the guacamole!:cool::thumbsup:

I understand your pain, Dwight! It's a real frustrating event!

Nice pboto of a great knife!:cool:

Mucho Macho Monkey, Mi hombre!:D:thumbsup: Glad he's overlooking your great looking lamb!:cool::thumbsup:

You're not the only one, OG! When I get behind, all I can do is like all the back pages and only respond to the posts of the current day, and that still takes more than a couple of hours!:confused::oops:

Impressive Lot of Lambs!:):thumbsup: Need to add one more for an even dozen!:cool::thumbsup:

Great photos, Jack! That should get you out of some tight spots!;):thumbsup:

Cool story and compass, Jack!
My military one took me many miles in the Army in land nav. Then in the gulf war, ( to somewhat answer @Onebigbill's question), we did have GPS, and it was fairly new, and you would frequently loose a satellite, and since you need three to triangulate, and four to give you elevation, losing one could throw you off in a bad kind of way. Don't want to drive right up to the enemy when that's not the plan yet.
We wound up putting in fairly large maritime dash compasses, kill the light, and keep up with some dead reckoning with a map :)( :rolleyes: large tan sheets of paper with few terrain marks) and keeping track of the odometer reading. Good times!:D:thumbsup:

Beautiful knife, but I keep looking for Waldo in the background!:p

Well the Heartshead is a unique exception!:cool::thumbsup:

Yes it is a military issued compass, and you buy them as well on the open market/ on line, just watch out for the "military style" versions. Real military versions should have Tritium markings on the face.:thumbsup:

I like your style, David!:cool::thumbsup:

Great photo, Harvey! But the background reminds me of the old Roger Miller song, 'King of the Road', ...I smoke old stogies I have found, short but not too big around...:D:thumbsup:

You bet, seems to be the direction we're going!:D Nice setup!:):thumbsup:

Nice, Preston! Smart! Do you have to check in with the Forest Service to submit your plan? Do you go on horseback, or hike in?

Nice shot, Paul! I can smell the steaks!:cool::thumbsup: We still use our charcoal grill (no propane!), and we bought a Traeger a couple of years ago, they are great! Fast as a propane, but better flavor!:thumbsup:

Glad you posted them, great lookers!:cool::thumbsup:

Great photo of a wonderful pair of aces, Chin!:):thumbsup:

"What does it have in it's pocketses":p:thumbsup:
At least you have a backup just in case while up there! Handsome foto, Chin!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much, sir! Now if I can bring it to fruition! Kevin is much further along than

Patina is coming along great, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic photo, Dwight! The Damascus is grand!:):thumbsup:

Thank you so very much, Matt!

My biggestes compass!:D
Dhx1RbP.jpg

Great post and pic Dennis, and thank you for the kind words my friend :) It took me a while to find the 'safe place' where I had put it, but I found your compass, and it will be on its way to you soon :) :thumbsup:

f61TGWm.jpg

Good morning and good week to all the Guardians.:):thumbsup:

15dn9yc.jpg

Nice-looking Ironwood :thumbsup:

Good Morning! Yesterday afternoon we had a Tornado warning, it came down North of us 30 miles away. The tornado missed the local town it was near, it was the hail that came with it, that flattened a large area of crops, estimated to be in the millions damage.
Todays Lambsfoot is the Black Prince :D have a great day Guardians.
IMG_1160.JPG

Good Morning! Yesterday afternoon we had a Tornado warning, it came down North of us 30 miles away. The tornado missed the local town it was near, it was the hail that came with it, that flattened a large area of crops, estimated to be in the millions damage.
Todays Lambsfoot is the Black Prince :D have a great day Guardians.
View attachment 1161740

Morning Dave, glad to hear you and your Lambsfoot are safe and well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back