1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Having your own walk-in vault would be awesome! I wonder how many lambsfoot knives that thing can hold. :)

mitch4ging, donn, akaMatt and 3 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'll try to catch a photo of the worker's vault. It's huge and has thousands of non-locking safety deposit boxes. It's very cool.

Edit:
    I found a picture of it on-line. Just think of the knife collection you could have stored here? :cool: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    peanutsxx, mitch4ging, donn and 9 others like this.
  3. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    I want it.

4. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Thank you. I'm working with Scooter but she just doesn't seem to grasp the herding idea :rolleyes:
    Pretty good at one on one, though ;)
    [​IMG]
    Thank you very much one and all. Your words are deeply appreciated. And of course mega thanks @gunstockjack , @Jack Black and @waynorth
    Glad you made it safe and sound :) Beautiful spot. Now, get up early and catch a bunch of trout. Wishing you tight lines.
    OG

Attached Files:

mitch4ging, donn, pjsjr and 10 others like this.
  5. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    You are too kind, Jack, but I wouldn't want to tap into your collection!
    Thank you, Jack! That was our old LBE stuff. I always had a new set of stuff for inspection!:D:thumbsup:
    I can see those two becoming habitual!:):thumbsup: Great background scenery!
    Thank you very much, José!
    Absolute classic, José!:cool::thumbsup:
    Yes it is! Seemed fitting to use it for now...;):thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:
    Fantastic Foto's, Mark!:eek::thumbsup:
    :D:thumbsup:
    Can't go wrong with that!! Nice shot John!:):thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Dwight!
    Isn't that something, we get flooded out, tired of the rain, then we can't wait to finally get some!
    Terrific photo, Dwight!
    Yes you do! Wonderful photo, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
    Glad you finally posted, great looking pair!:cool::thumbsup:
    Aramis, Porthos, and Athos! Sharp trio of lambs, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
    Can't say you're not "green"!;):thumbsup:
    Nice photo, Greg! .....kinda reminds me of The Beatles White album, here for a detailed comparison!:p:thumbsup:
    21IVvn7zGAL._SX355_.jpg
    The thread does move at light speed! Now that's a roll-o-fun!! Nice photo!:):thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Preston!:cool::thumbsup:
    Happy House Hunting! Just remember, wherever you go, the pig ALWAYS points to...BACON!:p
    Nice photo!:thumbsup:
    Thank you very much for the kind words, Harvey!
    If nothing else, if only to find north to get your bearings, they are handy to have when you need one.
    Great shot, Harvey! Seems like a pair of your most comfortable old shoes you couldn't throw away!:):thumbsup:
    Seems like a nice meal in store! Love lime in my beer, on fajitas and a little on the guacamole!:cool::thumbsup:
    I understand your pain, Dwight! It's a real frustrating event!
    Nice pboto of a great knife!:cool:
    Mucho Macho Monkey, Mi hombre!:D:thumbsup: Glad he's overlooking your great looking lamb!:cool::thumbsup:
    You're not the only one, OG! When I get behind, all I can do is like all the back pages and only respond to the posts of the current day, and that still takes more than a couple of hours!:confused::oops:
    Impressive Lot of Lambs!:):thumbsup: Need to add one more for an even dozen!:cool::thumbsup:

peanutsxx, donn, Dschal and 11 others like this.
  6. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Great photos, Jack! That should get you out of some tight spots!;):thumbsup:
    Cool story and compass, Jack!
    My military one took me many miles in the Army in land nav. Then in the gulf war, ( to somewhat answer @Onebigbill's question), we did have GPS, and it was fairly new, and you would frequently loose a satellite, and since you need three to triangulate, and four to give you elevation, losing one could throw you off in a bad kind of way. Don't want to drive right up to the enemy when that's not the plan yet.
    We wound up putting in fairly large maritime dash compasses, kill the light, and keep up with some dead reckoning with a map :)( :rolleyes: large tan sheets of paper with few terrain marks) and keeping track of the odometer reading. Good times!:D:thumbsup:
    Beautiful knife, but I keep looking for Waldo in the background!:p
    Well the Heartshead is a unique exception!:cool::thumbsup:
    Yes it is a military issued compass, and you buy them as well on the open market/ on line, just watch out for the "military style" versions. Real military versions should have Tritium markings on the face.:thumbsup:
    I like your style, David!:cool::thumbsup:
    Great photo, Harvey! But the background reminds me of the old Roger Miller song, 'King of the Road', ...I smoke old stogies I have found, short but not too big around...:D:thumbsup:
    You bet, seems to be the direction we're going!:D Nice setup!:):thumbsup:
    Nice, Preston! Smart! Do you have to check in with the Forest Service to submit your plan? Do you go on horseback, or hike in?
    Nice shot, Paul! I can smell the steaks!:cool::thumbsup: We still use our charcoal grill (no propane!), and we bought a Traeger a couple of years ago, they are great! Fast as a propane, but better flavor!:thumbsup:
    Glad you posted them, great lookers!:cool::thumbsup:
    Great photo of a wonderful pair of aces, Chin!:):thumbsup:
    "What does it have in it's pocketses":p:thumbsup:
    At least you have a backup just in case while up there! Handsome foto, Chin!:thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, sir! Now if I can bring it to fruition! Kevin is much further along than
    Patina is coming along great, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:
    Fantastic photo, Dwight! The Damascus is grand!:):thumbsup:
    Thank you so very much, Matt!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    peanutsxx, pjsjr, Dschal and 11 others like this.
  7. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    My biggestes compass!:D
    [​IMG]

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Mark...:):thumbsup:

Ramrodmb likes this.
  9. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Harvey...:):thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    My memory is like a sieve Harvey! :D :thumbsup:

That's very interesting David, I'll have to say how mine compares to my Needham, which has certainly, hitherto, been the beast of my collection. Albeit a beautiful beast! :D

[​IMG]

That looks like a very civilized evening my friend :) :thumbsup:

Striking pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I'm amazed I was still managing to post! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Greg, get out there and take that path less travelled! ;) :) :thumbsup:

Great to hear OG :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill :) :thumbsup:

LOL! How long you got? :D ;) I don't get out as much as I did once, but I have always found it very satisfying being able to navigate over near featureless terrain, and get to an exact spot, which may just be a cairn or a spring. Not sure that would be possible with GPS, and I certainly wouldn't get the sense of satisfaction. I note that, while GPS manufacturers, still say the devices should be used in conjunction with map and compass, I see many folks wandering around lost because they just have a mobile phone o_O

When the first civilian GPS were being launched, as equipment editor of the UK's oldest outdoor publication, I was invited to a press launch in the English Lake District by one of the manufacturers. We listened through what was a rather tediously-presented and overly-long lecture before going out to field-test the UK's first civilian GPS. We walked halfway up one of the Lake District's better-known hills before our glorious leader turned on the device - only to find that the batteries were flat! :rolleyes: :D

It sounds like you and Dutch are going to be even busier Preston :) Nice photo my friend :thumbsup:

Great pics Ron :) :thumbsup:

11. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Bill, yes it's the Premier line of A. Wright, left hand.;):thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Cambertree like this.
  12. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Congratulations OG, formidable herd!!!;):thumbsup:

13. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Dennis...:):thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  14. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning and good week to all the Guardians.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Generally speaking, I think the knives of the better known Sheffield manufacturers, such as Joseph Rodgers and George Wostenholm (both of whom made Lambsfoot knives), seem to be the most widely collected, but while I also collect both, I have always found the smaller manufacturers to be the more interesting. Taylor's Eye Witness certainly made some great-looking Lambsfoot knives, and some unusual ones, such as this Barlow I was kindly loaned for a while, made for the Australian market, with two full-size blades, a Clip and a Lambsfoot (seen here outside the old TEW works) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Those two look great together Barrett, smashing pics :) I love the 'Oil The Joints' stamp too. I have asked Wright's about adding one several times, but there is always quibbling about stamping both sides of the tang, I forget what the possible issue was, but certainly nothing that could not be surmounted, clearly :rolleyes:

A cracking post, full of great information and fantastic photos, as always, my friend :) I love the title 'Victorian Sausage King'! :D :thumbsup:

Nice to see the etch is surviving Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Fab photo Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Nicely said :) :thumbsup:

Well done Barrett, thanks for all your hard work my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great pics John, hope you and your wife are having a wonderful time :) :thumbsup:

16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    :D :thumbsup:

Great post and pic Dennis, and thank you for the kind words my friend :) It took me a while to find the 'safe place' where I had put it, but I found your compass, and it will be on its way to you soon :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Nice-looking Ironwood :thumbsup:

17. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning! Yesterday afternoon we had a Tornado warning, it came down North of us 30 miles away. The tornado missed the local town it was near, it was the hail that came with it, that flattened a large area of crops, estimated to be in the millions damage.
    Todays Lambsfoot is the Black Prince :D have a great day Guardians.
    IMG_1160.JPG

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Dave, glad to hear you and your Lambsfoot are safe and well my friend :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, mitch4ging and dc50 like this.
  19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Jack it's not Kansas but we do get a few every summer, more so this last decade.

cigarrodog, mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Such priorities!:D
    [​IMG][​IMG]