1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Thanks guys - sounds good to me, JB :)
    Beautiful pics - especially enjoyed the close-up :cool:

[​IMG]
    Ansel Adams ~ Frozen Lake and Cliffs, The Sierra Nevada, Sequoia Nat'l Park, CA 1932
    OG

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Greg, That’s quite a pack of pickled peppers that you packed. I’ll bet it will be fantastic.

@waynorth - Thank you Charlie. Your 93 and others are the equal of the oldies.

3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I like that in the past, frames were designed to accommodate the rising point of a blade ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Of course, in this case, someone lost the point! :eek:

From what I've seen, all old Lambsfoot blades eventually become punches! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

(Taylor's Eye Witness Lambsfoot now in @r8shell's Home For Worn-Out Old Blades ;) :thumbsup:)

That's very kind of you Harvey :) You have managed to find some beautiful old knives my friend :) With exceptions, Sheffield cutlery hasn't been what it used to be for a very long time I'm afraid. The exceptions make it worth pursuing I think ;) :thumbsup:

Wright's don't refer to it as a Pruner Ed (see my earlier and more detailed post). Nice line-up there :) :thumbsup:

Morning Ed! :D :thumbsup:

That blade is showing some GREAT character Taylor :) :thumbsup:

I agree, the scales are clearly bought in :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup: Nice-looking knife, do you know anymore about it? Welcome to The Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Very handsome OG :) :thumbsup:

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Just found this on my bathroom window-ledge! :eek: Hope I'm not going to have to go all Harry Faversham on those darn pigeons! :mad: :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black - I did see your earlier and more detailed post Jack but here they do call it a "Pruner".

https://www.penknives-and-scissors.co.uk/acatalog/Pen_and_pocket_knives.html#a31

I only used the term Pruner to distinguish it from the Standard. Not trying to argue with you at all- just trying to illustrate where I got the term "Pruner".

EDITED TO ADD: Actually Jack, they say with Pruner Handle and don't call the knife itself a Pruner. So, I may be all wet. Therefore, "Belay My Last". From now on I'll refer to it as a Small Lambfoot.

I gotta make a sandwich and chew on this.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  6. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    You really captured the beauty of that Lambsfoot!
    I'm lovin' the color in the handle.

As the others said, I think it comes down to personal preference. I love me some Peach Seed Jigging too but as a general rule I like the random of hand jigged bone the best.... it just has more character to it , more soul.

Looks like you had a great time!
    I'm pretty sure that if I ever defect from the US, poutine will be the reason. ;):D

Thanks, pal.
    That's a might fine shot of a mighty fine knife right tharrr , I hav'ta say.

Hope you feel better soon , Jon.
    That Lamb of yours looks like it makes for good company.

Annnd a good mornin' to you , ED.
    That proud tip problem is yet another reason that I like the Stove Pipe Kick, it gives you a lot to work with.

Thanks, OG
    That is a fine pic of your Waynorth and I always enjoy your Ansel Adams backgrounds.

I am hangin' with Jake today.
    [​IMG]

7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. Your TEW is now a Lambsfoot shank.:D I just found 4 feathers on YT.

Cambertree, mitch4ging, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I invite you to come back with me almost a week in my catch-up efforts. :rolleyes: I can't respond to everything, so I've taken Vince's advice below to heart, and this post primarily features rosewood lambsfoot knives.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Sensational shot of your rosewood HHB, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That photo really highlights the grain in your rosewood, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always a treat to see your rosewood from a different continent, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your rosewood HHB is attractive headwear for that carved bear, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Or are you starting a DIY totem pole there? :p (That red car with the fender skirts is cool, but doesn't have much ground clearance. :rolleyes:)

Although not relevant to my self-imposed rosewood theme, your pic is really interesting, ED! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

There's the knife with the living luminosity that I always find so amazing!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: What more can you ask for, John? :cool::cool:

Wow, your African rosewood seems to be growing on me, John! :eek:;):rolleyes:

Can't beat a rosewood blueberry pie, AL!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your hard-working rosewood HHB is looking prosperous, Taylor! :):thumbsup::cool: The blade etch is hardly obscured by that patina. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My lambsfoot carry this week is Man Jack, the stag senator I won in an @R.c.s GAW. Here's a shot of it soon after its arrival:
    senator.pile.open.goodies.jpg

- GT

Pàdruig, Cambertree, R.c.s and 14 others like this.
  9. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Deleted because it upset a member. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Gary. It's in my pocket again today. :)
    Nice stag on that senator!

cigarrodog, OLd_gUY and dc50 like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    No worries Ed, it's a confusing situation :) Here's a link to one of my previous posts on the subject. To quote from that:

And:

Thanks mate, that's a good-looking knife you have there :) :thumbsup:

That one belongs to @r8shell now Harvey, and has done for some years :) :thumbsup:

I was going to quote a post of mine from 2005, but, well, the BF software changes stink! Again! o_O

12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    No it isn't, please edit your post :thumbsdown:

13. I'mSoSharp

I'mSoSharp

Mar 8, 2011
    Well spotted the left hand nail nick, there is a reason but it wasn't made specifically for a leftie though......

Yes I do, I'll come clean......;)

It started like this-

[​IMG]

Cambertree and mitch4ging like this.
  14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you, could you please remove that image completely? This is the Lambsfoot thread, see my original post:

dc50, cigarrodog, Half/Stop and 2 others like this.
  16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice work :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  17. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    All of us who enjoy this place try our best to abide by the established guidelines and feel it is not too much to ask.
    If you decide to hang around here I think you will find that rude and childish attempts at sarcasm are not appreciated.
    If you decide to not frequent this place that many of us find to be educational and friendly, well don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on your way out.
    OG

mitch4ging, dc50, cigarrodog and 4 others like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's pretty incredible, well done :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, dc50, CelloDan and 2 others like this.
  19. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Thank you for letting me know. My attempt at a little humor did not seem to go over well. Friendly? Not so much, but I can take a hint.

20. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    If you
    That is a "ripper". I bet it could relay some history.:cool::thumbsup:

mitch4ging, JohnDF and Jack Black like this.