Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Prester John Prester John - You live in beautiful surroundings. Perfect for images of your fine Lambsfoot collection, Vince.
Thanks, Harvey. I like it here!
Good Morning Guardians. Here’s to a great weekend for all.
0EB379BD-9B43-44AD-A70A-1CDD03BE94D0_zpspmzr6bey.jpeg
That knife looks good enough to eat!

I like rosewood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Dave! :):thumbsup::cool:
GT You are a man of all seasons er lambsfoot. :D
Great news, Dave; thanks for sharing it here! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Its a fine place with mighty fine folks.:)
hat's fantastic news Dave, hope it's all plain sailing from now on :) Paul is a top guy :) Hope you and Linda have a great weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack, Paul is a good man :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Headed out in a few minutes to our local hospital for a couple more or three biopsies. I'm going to carry my Stag Hartshead Barlow just in case the surgeon forgets to bring his punch/scalpel.
Ed may Peace and Healing go with you.
Dave, please pass along my best wishes to Linda, and that I hope she gets some relief soon.
Linda is smiling Chin, thank you. :thumbsup:;)
IMG_1109.JPG

Headed out in a few minutes to our local hospital for a couple more or three biopsies. I'm going to carry my Stag Hartshead Barlow just in case the surgeon forgets to bring his punch/scalpel.

R7KGnNF.jpg

All I've got to say is that they better have a lollipop/sucker for me after the surgery. The last time they were out of them and when they called yesterday to verify my appointment, I let them know in no uncertain terms that I wanted a sucker.
Give em heck, Ed! Good luck to you!

R7KGnNF.jpg

All I've got to say is that they better have a lollipop/sucker for me after the surgery. The last time they were out of them and when they called yesterday to verify my appointment, I let them know in no uncertain terms that I wanted a sucker.
Good luck today Ed! Prayers sent your way!

Thanks for the compliment Jack! :) A “Daily Double” is great any day but it’s Double nice on a Friday! ;) I hope you have a great weekend my friend! :D

Thanks a lot Ron, you too my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
zEeJaPI.jpg

Smashing stag Vince :) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!

New tree for Jelly today... same old parking lot, though! Oh well, it's almost the weekend!

lVqFvI2.jpg

Nice pic Matt :) :thumbsup:

Jack and Vince, those are splendid shots of your stag HHBs! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I like jigged bone lambsfoot knives; thanks, José and Matt! :):thumbsup::cool:

Man Jack demands more attention (maybe I should change his name to deMand Jack :rolleyes:):
View attachment 1183806

- GT

Thank you GT, Man Jack is de man ;) :thumbsup:

R7KGnNF.jpg

Good luck Ed, hope everything goes OK, and that you get your lollipops :) Nice company you're carrying ;) :thumbsup:

Beautiful :thumbsup:

That's a creek in a park in the small town where I work. I should try to get more beach and bayfront pics from the city where I live.
kpr7o6M.jpg

OW0Kr5r.jpg

toPiXtO.jpg

Td8VZV6.jpg

Nice to see more of your locale Vince, and that's a great Lambsfoot line-up :) :thumbsup:

Hooray, it's officially the weekend down here in Oz and I've caught up on the thread too!

Thanks very much for the comments on my last post, my friends - I'll refrain from taking you all in the Wayback Time Machine, by multiquoting from back then, though.:oops:

Nice to see Rachel's smooth white bone suggestion for a future Guardians run getting some traction.

I'd favour camel bone too - I think it tends to be denser and stronger than cattle bone. Might I suggest that steel fittings and liners be considered again in that case? All I can think of when I look at a white bone covered knife with brass pins and liner scales, is how they will eventually be marred by ugly verdigris stains.

It's great to see all the quality contributions from new members recently, as well as the Guardians stalwarts.

Dennis, I hope you're feeling better and you've got things stable again, my friend.

Jeff, I'm glad you had your op, and it seems to have been successful. Heal up well, I'm sure you'll be back to fighting fit in no time.

Dave, please pass along my best wishes to Linda, and that I hope she gets some relief soon.

Fantastic walking sticks, Mark and Jack. Thanks for those links on Diamond Willow and the Loess Hills, Mark - they made for fascinating reading.

Vince, you made me burst out laughing with your Robin Hood style pate smiting comment!

I carry a Lambsfoot because it's a handy, high calibre, cutting companion!

XQ1BYAx.jpg

How 'bout you?;)

Great to see you here pal, thanks for the kind words, and that's a good point about the pins :thumbsup: Excellent pic too :) Hope you have a fantastic weekend Chin :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians - hope everyone has a great Friday with a wonderful weekend to follow.
For some strange reason, I woke up thinking of that line in The Blues Brothers where they are in Bob's Country Bunker and Belushi asks "What kind of music do you have here, ma'am?" She says "Oh - we have both kinds, Country and Western" ;)
View attachment 1183859

One of my favourite parts of the film OG :D Thanks for the tunes, have a great weekend buddy :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. You are well equipped with your brace of Lambs.

Good Morning Guardians. Here’s to a great weekend for all.
0EB379BD-9B43-44AD-A70A-1CDD03BE94D0_zpspmzr6bey.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, delightful photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Vince, it's just a quick post, bofore I go to sleep. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll wake up tomorrow morning and the Guardians Express will have steamed off over the horizon again!:oops::D

I've got some serious Lambsfoot slicin', Pie 'n' Pasty eatin', investigative reportage to file with GT and the rest of y'all too.:D;)

It's all David's @donn fault!:D:p:)

Quick pic for now:

e7lblQj.jpg

P.S. Greg - not to get too far OT regarding other patterns, but if I'm not mistaken, the Ettrick is referred to as a blade type as well as a pattern by Sheffield cutlers too.;)

Ed, I hope things go well with your procedure too.

Looking forward to your reportage Chin, tasty-looking pic, and I hope you get a great night's sleep :) :thumbsup:

Quality photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday, and that the weekend has good things in store for all of you :) I'm off for a hike tomorrow, but just had to change my plans in terms of where I'm going (long story), so I better get my maps out and thinking cap on :rolleyes: Over the weekend, the area where I live is home to Europe's oldest West Indian Carnival, but it means there are a lot of road closures, parking restrictions, and thousands of people coming into the area, making getting out and about difficult too. Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

Quality photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday, and that the weekend has good things in store for all of you :) I'm off for a hike tomorrow, but just had to change my plans in terms of where I'm going (long story), so I better get my maps out and thinking cap on :rolleyes: Over the weekend, the area where I live is home to Europe's oldest West Indian Carnival, but it means there are a lot of road closures, parking restrictions, and thousands of people coming into the area, making getting out and about difficult too. Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:
Hope you have a good weekend as well, Jack. And have an enjoyable hike, wherever that takes you!

I will be taking a hike as well :thumbsup:, but only behind my lawn mower :thumbsdown::mad:. And as a bonus, I believe I get to mow my mother in law's yard as well.

I'll be totin' one lamb or another, though, so all is not lost! :D

Thanks, Kevin, another cool pic my friend.:thumbsup::cool::D
Thanks, Dave.
I don't don't know if it is the most useful use of my spare time but I have been having a lot of fun with the knife pics lately. :D

FBC, Man Jack appreciates your praise of his patina and backspring. :)
That "Old Black Betty" is performed by Ram Jam makes life even more sweet. (If you haven't seen it, the You Tube video is fine entertainment (I think I posted it here before):
)
I can imagine that Jake is quite a teller of tales; comes with the territory when you've got stamped bolsters, I suppose.
Another thought-provoking car photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet that bug is either underpowered or over-tired! :rolleyes: (Is "over-tired" even a word in this context?? Is over-rubbered any better??)

I like stag lambsfoot knives; here are the two I have.
mj-cj-onend-jpg.1183581
Oh yes, that vid' is guaranteed to get the foot tappin' !
Nice use of lighting on your two stag sentries. :thumbsup:
Ace pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, buddy.

Good morning, Guardians!

New tree for Jelly today... same old parking lot, though! Oh well, it's almost the weekend!

lVqFvI2.jpg
Jelly is looking good, as always.

I carry a Lambsfoot because it's a handy, high calibre, cutting companion!

XQ1BYAx.jpg

How 'bout you?;)
That'l make a hole! ;):D

Wonderful detail, Dave.
Added another one today.
View attachment 1183977
A awesome addition, congrats! :thumbsup:

I carry a Lambsfoot beause....
48603538746_0535a121b0_h.jpg

the ladies love a man with manly thumbs.
;):p:rolleyes::D

Have a great weekend y'all!

I'm Back!!!!! Two holes in a cheek, three suckers and a sticker that says "I Was A Big Boy".:thumbsup::D

Yet another intriguing photo, Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that some kind of cast iron pipe?

;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
- GT
Thank you Guardians for the kind words !
I am happy you are enjoying the pics.
Hi, GT, here is the pic from another angle :)
It's a BIG cast iron pipe :D

Qv3TJdF.jpg

Yesterday, we had a very nice walk along the coast in Charlottetown, the capital of Prince Edward Island.
We came upon this cannons on a hill that overlooks the mouth of the city's harbour..
It's what they called "The Prince Edward Battery".
It was first used by the French and then the British to protect the city.

2ssaOKt.jpg

BYLzQdp.jpg

qsN2vP1.jpg

Back