Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'll be heading down to the market early tomorrow Guardians, then meeting a pal for lunch :) Hope everyone has a good day :) While digging around among my Lambsfoot knives, I found this one in ebony, used to get a lot of carry, and I thought I'd take it out with me tomorrow :thumbsup:

Ia040wA.jpg

No more nature shots then? That's a shame I've really enjoyed your them. :)

Thanks Dave, but don't do yourself a dis-service. North American history is equally as fascinating and of course for anyone descended from European immigrants our history is as much your history to :thumbsup:

That looks delicious Jack. I'd be in Leeds market everyday if I lived close to it.

A belated Happy Birthday! What a very handsome lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

Your welcome.:thumbsup: That's a brilliant view of that Cream Puff. :D
Now I want one for breakfast.:)

Anyway Good Morning Guardians. This is from a few weeks back but could be the last time my part of the world saw the sun. :rolleyes:
VSLYsHO.jpg
Magnificent country David.

I'll be heading down to the market early tomorrow Guardians, then meeting a pal for lunch :) Hope everyone has a good day :) While digging around among my Lambsfoot knives, I found this one in ebony, used to get a lot of carry, and I thought I'd take it out with me tomorrow :thumbsup:

Ia040wA.jpg
That's a good one, Jack. It definitely deserves more pocket time. Have a good time at the market tomorrow.

There place is at the bottom of Broad Lane, just across the road from Fagan's. You can just walk in off the street. The workshop is separated from the showroom by a large window, so you can see scissors being made sometimes. A good job you checked in the drawer! :D Richards made an awful lot of pairs of scissors, they even had a factory devoted to them before the war :thumbsup:

Thanks for the directions Jack, I may visit them next time I'm in Sheffield. I don't know when that'll be though; I'm not even going the beer festival this year :(
lAzmlLO.png

I turned a few bowls this summer for family, friends and as wedding gifts.
Now closing my unheated little shop for the winter.
Here are a couple bowls from local woods.

Black Locust bark edge bowl

kCFfYju.jpg

Box Elder ( Manitoba Maple )

WWohW3E.jpg

Your very talented sir. I've been to shows were that sort of work sold for a pretty penny :thumbsup:
Does the lambsfoot

donn donn - Thank you David. Enjoyed reading your scissors talk with Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.

Albert Oates
View attachment 1214220

Thanks Harvey. You may actually be able to watch the programme in question. I don't do catch-up TV (I don't do much TV at all) but AFAIK, unlike the BBC, there's no restriction on people abroad watching our commerical TV stations.

https://www.itv.com/hub/itv

I never tire of seeing that Albert Oates. Lovely looking knife. :):thumbsup:

Great video Jack, and yes, I remember well that shop. Sad to know that they are also the last of their kind in Sheffield.

Here are a couple of beauties with this theme in mind.
The charming little scissors are marked "T. Renshaw & Son Sheffield" and are a product of the 1800s. Thomas Renshaw & Son existed circa 1841 to 1900 and used "Stand" as a trademark.
"Stand" is stamped on the back side of the scissors shown. Thomas Renshaw past away in 1893, and sadly his son died just three years later of "questionable" drowning. This information was pulled from Geoffrey Tweedale's excellent book. I do not know if T. Renshaw offered a Lambsfoot model, but they certainly could have as they were also listed as a pen and pocket knife manufacturer.

View attachment 1214258

Not only the last in Sheffield but the programme said that the blanks for the scissors aren't even forged in Sheffield but come from abroad. :rolleyes:
There exquisite little scissors. :thumbsup: I think my mum has a couple of pairs of them which maybe Victorian.

Magnificent country David.
Actually a rare oasis in the middle of the old industrial north-west.

Well good morning Guardians. I'm actually off to work in a minute so no knife for me for the rest of the day. But it would be this one.
FLwg2Z7.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday. :thumbsup:

Back