Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Isg6nK9.jpg

Perhaps my weekend activities weren't exciting, but I made a substantial dent in the list I drew up Friday evening! ;):thumbsup:
0) Not on my original list, but the first thing I did at 7am Saturday: impulsively went to the next door bakery to see if any of their "day-old" 50% off products included chocolate chip cookies. Scored 2 bags of 4 BIG cookies each! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
1) Lawn mowed, after picking up leaves and sticks.
2) Laundry.
3) Returned stack of books to library, including one that required my reading about 150 final pages during breaks in the laundry.
4) Turned the 2-block trip to the library into a 2.5 mile walk (the weather here is gorgeous this weekend).
5) Volunteered in the "infant nursery" (kids < 2 years old) at church this morning. Only one kid instead of the usual 4-6, and he was scared to death of me the first half hour. But I kept ignoring him and enjoying myself with the many toys available, and he was finally compelled to join me to see why I was having all the fun.
6) Took care of some financial record-keeping.
7) Took some knife pics. (Preparing them for public consumption will have to wait for a different day.)
8) Worked on catching up in the Guardians thread.
9) Composed lab instructions for my statistics class.
Who knows what else I might get done in the 4 hours before I go to bed??? :p:thumbsup:

Great weekend and very well filled Gary.;):thumbsup:

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

Linus arrived yesterday in the post, a little weary from his travels, but in good shape.
6s5xPwX.jpg

(This is, of course, from @Pàdruig's passaround.). We've taken it easy today. First thing he did was help me open a new bag of dog treats:
IywSkaT.jpg

He's a sharp fellow. A couple of more glamour pics:
Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

Linus decided to join me on the porch for some whiskey and a cigar:
UX5gMLe.jpg

He's a good porch-mate--real good listener!

He'll accompany me to work tomorrow, and I'll be taking more pics this week.

w2pqllF.jpg

Cheers, Guardians! (Ignore the writing on the glass: that's Suntory Japanese Whisky.)

Cheers Vince, I hope Linus loves the stay.:D;):thumbsup:

How are things going with the house?
Thank, Jack. :)
The last phase of the remodel starts today. They estimate 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Until then, my kitchen, dining room, and office are temporarily in the garage. My bedroom is still set up too, so we have a place to sleep. Other than that we will be living primitive for a while. It should be fun. :D

Thank, Jack. :)
The last phase of the remodel starts today. They estimate 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Until then, my kitchen, dining room, and office are temporarily in the garage. My bedroom is still set up too, so we have a place to sleep. Other than that we will be living primitive for a while. It should be fun. :D

Life is full of adventures my friend ;) I hope they manage to stay on schedule :thumbsup:

It sure has Mark, that is a fantastic photo of it :) Thanks for all the kind words my friend, hope you have a great day :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. Same to you, pal!:)

All hail the Queen of The Lambsfoot.
Such a fabulous knife, I always enjoy seeing it. :cool: :thumbsup:

I like it, looks very handsome as it darkens. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great and thoughtful gift. Hope you have an enjoyable birthday, looks like it's off to a good start. :cool: :thumbsup:

Fantastic photo of your HHBLF. :cool: :thumbsup:

Sorry you struck out, but happy you had an enjoyable trip. :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice Shootin Tex. :D :thumbsup:

I agree, the HHBLF is a special knife.
Big thanks to Jack for a great design on this Special Factory Order. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks John, I like it too. Much more subdued than Skoll,;) but fabulous in its own way, thanks for the compliment.

THought I'd Take a new scan of my Stag HHB Yesterday for the ABC thread, but here it is in case you missed it!!:D
View attachment 1216528
Great Stag and wonderful colors in your scan Charlie.:thumbsup:

I discovered that I haven't commented on any posts newer than last Sunday; I think I'm 15-16 pages behind. :eek: So this post is mainly highlighting the rich variety of lambsfoot knives that show up in the Guardians' pockets and hands. I'm only commenting on the first of each type I encountered when reading posts from last week; I ignored many other examples, some of which may have appeared in "better" photos, but "first come, first served" is my motto here today. :rolleyes:

Your model of the 2019 Guardians desert ironwood lambsfoot SFO is sensational, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks a lot Gary. I love the '19 Ironwood sfo's from Jack.:cool: Valley Jack included.;)

Lovely pearl Jack. :thumbsup::cool: That CLIFF bar sure looks like pemmican. :p

View attachment 1216620
Sweet pic Dave!:thumbsup:

A little more catch-up action for me as I quote some almost-randomly-selected posts from earlier this week.
......................edited for space

Valley Jack is back:
View attachment 1216763

- GT
Really great photo of your Valley Jack, GT!:cool:

Write too much, and you have to split your blabberings.

Intriguing info about the cannons, David, and especially interesting to me since I live in Kent County Michigan (although we have no fortress to match the one in your pics :rolleyes:)!
I'm so glad you located the Eye of Sauron after a brief separation; great to see that unforgettable knife again! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Peerless Pere David stag, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stunning photo of your AC, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Perhaps my weekend activities weren't exciting, but I made a substantial dent in the list I drew up Friday evening! ;):thumbsup:
0) Not on my original list, but the first thing I did at 7am Saturday: impulsively went to the next door bakery to see if any of their "day-old" 50% off products included chocolate chip cookies. Scored 2 bags of 4 BIG cookies each! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
1) Lawn mowed, after picking up leaves and sticks.
2) Laundry.
3) Returned stack of books to library, including one that required my reading about 150 final pages during breaks in the laundry.
4) Turned the 2-block trip to the library into a 2.5 mile walk (the weather here is gorgeous this weekend).
5) Volunteered in the "infant nursery" (kids < 2 years old) at church this morning. Only one kid instead of the usual 4-6, and he was scared to death of me the first half hour. But I kept ignoring him and enjoying myself with the many toys available, and he was finally compelled to join me to see why I was having all the fun.
6) Took care of some financial record-keeping.
7) Took some knife pics. (Preparing them for public consumption will have to wait for a different day.)
8) Worked on catching up in the Guardians thread.
9) Composed lab instructions for my statistics class.
Who knows what else I might get done in the 4 hours before I go to bed??? :p:thumbsup:
...................edited for space.....

You take inspired pics of your ironwood, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your stag HHB looks like baked goods, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on the Astros accomplishments! ;):cool:

- GT
Wow, you have some energy my friend! That's quite the to do list. I won't embarrass myself by comparing my list of accomplishments today. :D
Thanks so much for the compliment Gary! Your thoughtful words are an inspiration to us all.:thumbsup:

Linus arrived yesterday in the post, a little weary from his travels, but in good shape.
6s5xPwX.jpg

(This is, of course, from @Pàdruig's passaround.). We've taken it easy today. First thing he did was help me open a new bag of dog treats:
IywSkaT.jpg

Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

UX5gMLe.jpg

w2pqllF.jpg

Cheers, Guardians! (Ignore the writing on the glass: that's Suntory Japanese Whisky.)
Great photos Vince and a real nice start to Linus' adventures. I believe he is no stranger to a good Whiskey and/or cigar.;) Way to make him feel right at home.
I look forward to more installments from you two.

Thanks, Rachel!!

:D
I did, orange is my favorite!

:):thumbsup:
Thanks, Charlie!

May have to join the sucker club!:D

Thank you very much, Duncan!:):thumbsup:

Thank you so kindly, Mark!!

A grand shot of your '19 JBSO!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, David! Just not the adventure I was hoping for!:rolleyes:
Wonderful photos of your adventure!:cool::thumbsup:

Getting better, Thanks Jack! Just get real tired quickly, but glad to be home for sure!! Gonna take a couple of months to get the hemoglobin and iron back up.

And it is GREATLY appreciated!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the bits and bobs!:D:thumbsup: My first sling shot was similar to yours, but I carved it out of.
Your HHB looks right at home in that photo!:):thumbsup:

Your stag is looking great, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
Your background reminds me of a couple of old albums, Bob Seger and this one...

Thank you so very much, Harvey, I appreciate it!!:)

Stunning photo my friend!:cool::thumbsup:

Cool device...you are on to something with the Beermaid!:p:thumbsup:

Such a stunning Lamb, Jack!!;):thumbsup: Glad to see it in rotation!

And what a fantastic '19 JBSFO you have, Mark!!:):thumbsup:

It most certainly is, and it had worked!!:)

What a great treasure

Wonderful shot of your HHB JBSFO!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very cool photo, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Good to see ya post Preston!:thumbsup:
Sorry no luck with the elk, but it looks like a beautiful trip!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's awsome, Dan!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Guess I gotta join in with the group here, can at least do it in the back yard!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is some incredible coloring in the stag, Bill!! These SFO's are awsome!:cool::thumbsup:

Glad you and Skoll got out and supported the yutes!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another dollar...:(
Such great covers on that one, Ed!:cool:

:eek::eek:
That looks awesome!! Better have the Lamb checked for diabetes!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always a treat to see how you set up your shots, Charlie! This one is no exception!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup: Not a bad treat!
You're welcome Dennis and thank you right back, my friend! Good to have you back.

Fall is here and the berries are almost gone. The second crop of the season was an absolute bounty this year!

buRzqkA.jpg

I need to start making bread. You think you're buying something wholesome and whole grain, then you look at the sugar and/or salt and/or fat.
And it's cheaper home-made, and it isn't that blinkin' difficult.
vyyBnjt.jpg

Me too Jer, I don't think I've made bread for 3 or 4 years. I only buy good bread, but it is very expensive. A politician here in the 1960's used the notion of the scarcely believable notion of a 3 Shilling as an example of what might happen if inflation was not brought under control. I would a £3 loaf (24 times the price of a 3 Shilling loaf), a relative bargain, as I usually pay nearer to £4 these days :eek: Then again, folks wouldn't have believed a £5 pint could ever be possible here in the 1960's, when beer was cheaper than bread o_O

Gratuitous pic of my Hartshead Barlow and a field of wheat ;) :thumbsup:

zF910hy.jpg

6s5xPwX.jpg

IywSkaT.jpg

Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

UX5gMLe.jpg

w2pqllF.jpg

Is that a Japanese scotch?

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Back