Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

buRzqkA.jpg

WOW ! Very nice Mark !!!:thumbsup:

Well, here's my third catch-up post for this thread in the past two days, and this catches me up to sometime Sunday evening. Not bad! :rolleyes:

My life has been pretty demanding the last several months so I haven't had hardly any time for the forums. Glad to see this thread still chugging along like gangbusters!

Great knives everyone!

Charming stag and patina on that lambs foot, Steve; welcome back! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great to see you here Gary! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack; it's great to be seen here. ;)

Few bits and bobs I picked up today :)

jWzV9Ql.jpg

Looks like some excellent finds, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I really hope all you Guardians have had a great Sambar Stagurday! :):thumbsup:

37029672593_8bc5834c0c_o_d.jpg

Superior stag duo, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1216150
Cool photo, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(Strange association: it made me think of A Study in Scarlet the first Sherlock Holmes novel. :rolleyes:)

Exemplary ebony, Dan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I don't remember if I posted this one or not, forgive me if I did.
48888426637_96cbd0237d_h.jpg
The "Blip" is back! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(Reminds me of a heart monitor display - hasn't gone "flatline" yet. :rolleyes:)

Thanks for the shots of your stunning White Rose, Jack! :eek::cool::cool:

View attachment 1216391 View attachment 1216392 It’s my birthday next week so all my grandchildren stopped by yesterday and dropped off a present they all took a hand in designing. As you know from my posts I love to cook and bake.they thought I would really treasure this
Great gift from the grandkids, AL; I hope you have a memorable birthday! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians

DSC-2986.jpg
Superb photo of your stag HHB, @natchezz! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Rosie went to elk camp this past week or so. Unsuccessful, but enjoyable.
Jack, that ivory lambsfoot just sets my heart aflutter every time I see it...exquisite!
IMG_1338.JPG
Welcome back, Preston; wonderful vista! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I had a busy and enjoyable day yesterday.
Our little town comes alive once a year as about 50 high school marching bands come to compete. Our kids competed in it when they were in high school and my wife and I continue to volunteer and help even after our kids have left for college. It is amazing to see about 5,000 high school kids put their best foot forward, work super hard, and they ALL behave so wonderfully. There is hope for this world and it's starting in band rooms across the country. Keep Music and Arts in high schools (my political statement for today)!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Of course I was carrying Skoll all day...
Thanks for passing on the good news, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's a very colorful pic of a basic black ebony lambsfoot, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here is something for a rainy day!! (Raining all weekend here in the Rainforest!!). I've jumped on the slingshot bandwagon, and I am currently building a "shot trap" using my HHB of course, and an old cardboard box!!! Now I'll be able to practice in my "Man-cave"!!! Except I feel like a "Kid" again!!:D
View attachment 1216743
Looking good, Charlie; have fun, Kid! :cool::D:cool:

Good Afternoon Guardians. Another 1XL.
81420FA3-7F2B-46B7-929A-8F91B4A39262_zps91bneefh.jpeg
When it comes to photos, Harvey, you're not bragging if you say "I Excel"! :thumbsup::cool::cool:;)
That knife is stating true facts, too, when it says, "I XL"!
(Do you find all of your colorful leaves yourself, or have you taught Ari to hunt them down for you? ;))

You must be right, just an oversight.... :rolleyes::D

My Saturday Lamb
48926738711_b9d0539986_h.jpg
Great photo of your two-tone horn, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I thought yesterday I had quoted a post of yours showing that knife with some hand-rolled cigarettes, but I somehow "dropped" that quote. It took me back about 45 years when I used to "roll my own" (or at least tried) using Flying Dutchman pipe tobacco.

Blabberings aside ( :) ) you always post interesting and thoughtful words.
I appreciate your generous take on my posts. :)

Wow Gary, you have been busy :) Thanks for all the kind words my friend, that's a cracking photo of Valley Jack :thumbsup:

Thanks again pal, you have had a very industrious weekend :thumbsup: Nice score on those cookies ;) Sadly, bakeries are pretty rare here these days, but I remember a lot of places used to reduce yesterday's bread, cakes, and pastries to half-price. When I was in my late teens, I lived near a couple that opened until midnight, and from 11.00pm they'd mark the stuff down. Me and my girlfriend would head to one of them for a haul of cream cakes pretty regularly! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) "Our" local bakery is open 7am-9pm (closed Sundays), and they offer discounts similar to what you recalled. From 8pm to closing, there are discounts that depend on how many items you order. I think the maximum is half-price for 6 or more items.

He was having a little nibble. ;)
:D:thumbsup:

Black Jack, my 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot SFO, is my lambsfoot this week:
BJ.mark.Vopen.flat.sunset.jpg

- GT

I need to start making bread. You think you're buying something wholesome and whole grain, then you look at the sugar and/or salt and/or fat.
And it's cheaper home-made, and it isn't that blinkin' difficult.
vyyBnjt.jpg
You are so correct, the additives in bread are incredible. I know it is not the artisan way, but due to space limitations i used a breadmaker, and they do a good job, and you know what is in your bread. I made a wholemeal/wholegrain spelt sourdough bread, which you could keep for 2 days, then made fantastic toast with homemade marmalade or jam. I have blown up 3 bread makers, where as most people use them once or twice, then they sit in the back of the cupboard. But do not be hesitant about using a breadmaker, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

It's like 4:30 in the afternoon. ;)

Hey... a Dwight sighting.
We miss you Dwight, don't be a stranger. :)

Yeah, I made up that post at 6:00 AM on the way out the door to Redding, CA and forgot to hit the "Post Reply" button and there it was in the "Comments" box when I got home so I went ahead and posted it.

I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Me too Jer, I don't think I've made bread for 3 or 4 years. I only buy good bread, but it is very expensive. A politician here in the 1960's used the notion of the scarcely believable notion of a 3 Shilling as an example of what might happen if inflation was not brought under control. I would a £3 loaf (24 times the price of a 3 Shilling loaf), a relative bargain, as I usually pay nearer to £4 these days :eek: Then again, folks wouldn't have believed a £5 pint could ever be possible here in the 1960's, when beer was cheaper than bread o_O

Gratuitous pic of my Hartshead Barlow and a field of wheat ;) :thumbsup:

zF910hy.jpg
Jack, my father would be turning in his grave if he knew what we are paying for working mans pleasures now.:( We had the transfer to decimal currency in 1966, so i will give some relevant examples in dollars. A ten ounce glass of beer-9 cents, now 5 dollars. A packet of cigarettes 25 cents, now 45-55 dollars, depending where you buy them, the paper 2-3 cents, now 1 dollar 90 cents-3 dollars on a sunday. He would be horrified.:mad::mad::mad:o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
Thanks Jack. Same to you, pal!:)

Thanks John, I like it too. Much more subdued than Skoll,;) but fabulous in its own way, thanks for the compliment.

Great Stag and wonderful colors in your scan Charlie.:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Gary. I love the '19 Ironwood sfo's from Jack.:cool: Valley Jack included.;)

Sweet pic Dave!:thumbsup:

Really great photo of your Valley Jack, GT!:cool:

Wow, you have some energy my friend! That's quite the to do list. I won't embarrass myself by comparing my list of accomplishments today. :D
Thanks so much for the compliment Gary! Your thoughtful words are an inspiration to us all.:thumbsup:

Great photos Vince and a real nice start to Linus' adventures. I believe he is no stranger to a good Whiskey and/or cigar.;) Way to make him feel right at home.
I look forward to more installments from you two.

You're welcome Dennis and thank you right back, my friend! Good to have you back.

Fall is here and the berries are almost gone. The second crop of the season was an absolute bounty this year!

buRzqkA.jpg
Sorry to hear that, ours is just starting, and if the early strawberries are anything to go by, we are in for a ripper of a season.:p:p:p

Back