Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Gorgeous Harvey :) :thumbsup:

tmfDn9e.jpg

I need to start making bread. You think you're buying something wholesome and whole grain, then you look at the sugar and/or salt and/or fat.
And it's cheaper home-made, and it isn't that blinkin' difficult.
vyyBnjt.jpg
Nice looking horn on that one, Jer.
I think I might give bread making a try, I have been meaning to for years.

The workers had to unhook my internet. So I'll be using my phone for a while. That means posting pictures will be more difficult. But I'll still be checking in.
Man, it's like you are back in the stone ages! ;)
I hope they finish up and you are back to all the comforts you deserve soon, John.

The "Blip" is back! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(Reminds me of a heart monitor display - hasn't gone "flatline" yet. :rolleyes:)
Haha, Jake has kind of taken over. I had to force myself to mix it up a little.

Great photo of your two-tone horn, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I thought yesterday I had quoted a post of yours showing that knife with some hand-rolled cigarettes, but I somehow "dropped" that quote. It took me back about 45 years when I used to "roll my own" (or at least tried) using Flying Dutchman pipe tobacco.
Your eyes did not deceive you. I figured I would give "rollies" a try again. It has been a lot of years since I have rolled, as you can tell by the looks of the cig's in that picture. I won't even get started on a rant about the price of tobacco, which is mostly bs taxes, but it is craaaazy!

Black Jack, my 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot SFO, is my lambsfoot this week:
bj-mark-vopen-flat-sunset-jpg.1217365
That shot shows off Black Jack's patina nicely. :thumbsup:

48931396872_6f2551ef2a_h.jpg

Have a terrific Tuesday , y'all!

That sounds like a good joke Rachel :) I have a friend who tells me Yiddish jokes, and they are often very old, but always funny
As long as your friend doesn't tell them like my grandmother did. She'd tell the whole joke in English, and then the punchline in Yiddish. I'd ask what it meant, and she'd say, "It doesn't translate." It was years later before it occurred to me they may have been "adult" jokes, and she was sparing our tender ears. :eek::D

Lambsfoot content: A few pile side views.
UxUbGTM.jpg
Eh8TyG6.jpg

CelloDan CelloDan - Thanks for sharing this great Father-Daughter moment.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1217843

Harvey. There is a streak/stripe/possibly a crack in the cover of the knife shown. Do you think that over time the cover could split/crack. The reason I ask is that I have a "Big-un" with rosewood covers that has the same type of split/crack in it.

Beautiful knife Harvey.

Your eyes did not deceive you. I figured I would give "rollies" a try again. It has been a lot of years since I have rolled, as you can tell by the looks of the cig's in that picture. I won't even get started on a rant about the price of tobacco, which is mostly bs taxes, but it is craaaazy!

That shot shows off Black Jack's patina nicely. :thumbsup:

48931396872_6f2551ef2a_h.jpg

Have a terrific Tuesday , y'all!

I started smoking as a 7-year old, and took to it with a passion (I quit 40 years ago). I went through a period of smoking roll-ups when I was 13 or 14. They've been common here for years, but back then only ex-cons and hobos smoked rollies (I liked the quality of the tobacco). Folks would move away from me on the bus, not because I was a child smoking, that was fine, but because I was smoking rollies! :D Nice pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

As long as your friend doesn't tell them like my grandmother did. She'd tell the whole joke in English, and then the punchline in Yiddish. I'd ask what it meant, and she'd say, "It doesn't translate." It was years later before it occurred to me they may have been "adult" jokes, and she was sparing our tender ears. :eek::D

Lambsfoot content: A few pile side views.
UxUbGTM.jpg
Eh8TyG6.jpg

LOL!! :D That is hilarious Rachel :D :thumbsup: Cool pile side pics :) I sure hope your giveaway Lambsfoot is going to arrive soon, it seems like absolutely ages since then! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Harvey. There is a streak/stripe/possibly a crack in the cover of the knife shown. Do you think that over time the cover could split/crack. The reason I ask is that I have a "Big-un" with rosewood covers that has the same type of split/crack in it.

Beautiful knife Harvey.

I hope that is just colour! :eek: Please let us know Harvey :thumbsup: That's interesting Ed, pretty poor though, bad news though, can we see some pics? I've had a couple of knives with pin cracks, but they were seconds and like that when I bought them.

gocLpBn.jpg

With the knife above, they were pretty bespoke, and expensive, so they noticed, but I wouldn't ordinarily expect the manufacturer to notice. I have cracks in the wood on knives I've received, but not on any of my Lambsfoot knives, and none have developed subsequently. I've been pretty hard on my Rosewood Big Un, and I think I'll only oiled the wood once, in several years, but it seems OK :thumbsup:

aLkiyN7.jpg

Good morning Guardians :)
Taking the day off today to wind down and catch up with things after a busy evening yesterday.
Our 13 y/o daughter was one of the junior string players invited to play with a professional chamber orchestra in Ottawa. They played the Holberg Suite by Grieg.
Here is my ebony lambsfoot posing besides the ebony fingerboard in my daughter's violin.
SRX3wlL.jpg

zFPnFMI.jpg

lGBhT29.jpg

Congratulations to your daughter Dan, I wish she had everything she wants in her life.:):thumbsup:

I think it's just colour/grain in the wood Modoc ED Modoc ED :thumbsup: I told myself I wanted to try enlarging the pic to have a look at the wood, rather than to admire Harvey's fine doughnut! :D :thumbsup:

JeWSCve.jpg
Modoc ED Modoc ED - Thank you Ed. As Jack stated, it’s the “color/grain of the wood. No cracks, just nice character.

Jack Black Jack Black - Right on the Money, Jack.:) Very nice steaming mug shots.

JohnDF JohnDF - Thank you John.

That's awesome! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you John, I read your recent post about the importance of music on children education :thumbsup:. We are big believers in it :thumbsup:

Very impressive Dan, congratulations :) Those are great pics :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack !

Congratulations to your daughter, Dan! The violin and piano (which my son plays) are my favourite instruments.

Gracias Vince ! My oldest daughter play piano. She is 16 and preparing her piano exam to complete the last level of the Royal Conservatory. A couple of years ago she won 3rd place in the Ontario Provincial piano competitions.
Music is constantly going on in our household.

Thanks for sharing this great Father-Daughter moment.

Thank you Harvey :thumbsup:, special moment indeed to treasure :thumbsup:. It seems like yesterday we bought her a very tiny 1/16 violin to start her lessons. She has no recollection of when she started violin, tells me it feels like she always did it :)

Thank you John, I read your recent post about the importance of music on children education :thumbsup:. We are big believers in it :thumbsup:
Yes. Not only does it give them an activity with positive influences, it has been shown to improve grades in school. The average GPA of the kids in our local marching band is 3.8. As you know, that's a win all the way around. :cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians :)
Taking the day off today to wind down and catch up with things after a busy evening yesterday.
Our 13 y/o daughter was one of the junior string players invited to play with a professional chamber orchestra in Ottawa. They played the Holberg Suite by Grieg.
Here is my ebony lambsfoot posing besides the ebony fingerboard in my daughter's violin.
SRX3wlL.jpg

zFPnFMI.jpg

lGBhT29.jpg
Wonderful post Dan! What an wonderful honor for such a young lady. I know you’re proud and justly so! :thumbsup::)

Rosewood Big Un.......
aLkiyN7.jpg
Love this photo Jack! :thumbsup::)

I’m getting homesick for some of my Lambs! ;) Like these Hartshead Barlow SFO’s! :D

48107988571_a85fdc82b1_b_d.jpg

Back