1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Thank you Ron ! :) I'll make sure I'll pass the Guardians kudos to her too :thumbsup: .

TFBraden, mitch4ging and Half/Stop like this.
  2. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Thank you Harvey.

3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey, some smoke blowing in from the camp fire :) :thumbsup:

Hope so! :D :thumbsup:

Hope it gets to you soon Dan, those are wonderful photos :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron, hope you're reunited with your Hartshead Barlows soon my friend ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pic Ed (I knew it wasn't one of mine) :) Harvey's doesn't have a crack, but I think you have every reason to complain. I hope it doesn't get worse. Wright's QC isn't good, nor do most of their dealers seem to have good eyesight, but I have often wondered if air travel might make a hairline crack worse? Thanks again for showing it :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    You be sure to do that Dan, you're a very talented family :) :thumbsup:

5. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    @Ramrodmb Fantastic looking wood on the spade handles you posted. @r8shell Any fruit not home grown is bland, it is normally kept in cold storage so it can be put on the shelves out of season. @JackBlack The supermarkets really started to flex their muscle in the sixties/seventies and that was the start of the demise of the High Street food vendors. When i was young we still had the milk being delivered off the horse and cart, and the butcher, fruit and veg man and baker still came to the back door everyday if you asked them too, and everything was fresh. " Ya there Missus", you knew who it was, and -TRY THIS TODAY-if mum was not at home, he would just come in, read the note on the kitchen table, take his money and leave the change, and gone on his way, leaving the back door as he found it. OPEN.

6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I know what you mean mate, happier times. Even today, I can still remember the names of the tradesmen on our street, and those who called, they were almost like family. I delivered newspapers for several years as a kid, and with some houses, I'd take them in for the old folks and leave them on the table, so that they didn't have to bend down to pick them up. Doors were always left unlocked in those days :thumbsup:

7. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks guys. The feeling is certainly mutual. :)

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

This is a short post--I have to work 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday, but I'm taking photos during my lunch hour.

Here's Linus with me at work:
    [​IMG]
    I think he may be a little bored, but we're watching Game 1 of the World Series tonight:
    [​IMG]
    I won't let him have too much beer.

I'll have a long post probably Friday night. And then again Sunday night.
    Have a good evening, Guardians!

9. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You too matey.;)

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It’s looking like Sunday for sure! ;):thumbsup:

TFBraden and Jack Black like this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    You too, Vince. :)

TFBraden, Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  12. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good evening, folks. I've largely been away from the forums due to a recent trip and a recent tragedy. I am now starting to get somewhat caught up, if I've missed any comments, please accept my apologies.

Thank you so much for the kind compliments, fellas, they are always appreciated.

I'm glad Linus made it to you safely, Vince! After my bungling of getting this underway, I am happy to see your fantastic post getting his travels kicked off.

As mentioned, I recently took a trip after my brother surprised me with tickets and airfare to go see Wardruna (a Norwegian folk band) at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater outside of Denver, Colorado. It was a rather magical experience and despite the aforementioned tragedy that cast its pall over my trip, I am quite pleased that I got to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was able to get some fly fishing in after meeting up with another forum member here who showed me some of the ropes regarding such a sport. I was also able to tour the Coors Brewing facility in Golden, CO, (lot of terrific history there) and got to see some big skies, open country, and cool geological formations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the tragedy - I hesitate to post this but I also know that the Guardians thread is as much a community thread as it is a knife thread and since I consider you all friends, I will share. I've perhaps posted about my pup, Saxon, maybe even one too many times. He was my best bud and I love him dearly. He fell ill shortly before I departed on my trip, exhibiting the same symptoms that he had back in May. Since he had pulled out of it and recovered fully despite the vets not knowing what was wrong, I had high hopes that he would do the same this time. Unfortunately, his condition continued to worsen and my wife took him to a neurologist and he passed on soon after. It turns out he had developed hydrocephalus for no reason that the doctors could fathom and that it was nothing short of a miracle that he didn't die back in May.

In any case, I got the news while I was at Red Rocks and I broke apart as I poured one out for Saxon. Needless to say, I am rather crushed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In any case, this is still a knife thread and I've been carrying this Waynorth in Ebony today. Black seems a fitting color at the moment.

[​IMG]

13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm sorry about your pup.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  14. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    @
    Pàdruig Thank you for sharing this with us. It is tough to lose a loyal companion.

Red Rocks is a beautiful area. My cousin had a gallery in Old Colorado City and I visited the area a number of times.

15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry to hear about your loss Dylan. He was a beautiful boy and I know you and your family will miss him.

16. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Pàdruig - Very sorry, Dylan, to hear of Saxon’s passing.

17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    So sorry to hear about Saxon, Dylan. I know what you are going through.

18. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    Sorry for your loss. Dogs are the greatest gift to man and that companionship is on of the purest things in the world. He will live forever in your heart and in the good memories you have of him.

Joe

19. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    MVIMG_20191022_211055.jpg Needed a pint so I had a pint! Forgot to post this for two days. I have forgot to take it's pic but this is what I have been carrying. Hope everyone is having a good start to their week.

Jody744, TFBraden, Reaper AL and 12 others like this.
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope that you are keeping well Dwight, and that we'll see you again before too long :) :thumbsup:

Very dedicated Vince :) Great to see you and Linus are having fun hanging out together :thumbsup:

Really sorry to read of your heartbreaking news Dylan :( I'm sure you have many happy memories of your times with Saxon, thanks for sharing some of them with us. Sincere condolences my friend, and thanks for the great photos :thumbsup:

Special knife Taylor, hope you enjoyed your pint :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, thought I'd carry some ebony today (in the form of the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot). Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Pocket slip and leather Lambsfoot by @Pàdruig :thumbsup:

Jody744, TFBraden, Reaper AL and 16 others like this.