Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black - It doesn't show as much and is not as severe as Harvey's but the red streak in this rosewood covered mark side cover is definitely a crack that runs from the heel of the cover right up to the pin at the bolster. I'm not complaining - just saying. If I use the edge of my thumbnail and draw it across the streak/crack it will catch on the edge of the streak crack. I'll try to get a better picture of it up later. By the way, this is not a knife supplied from you. It is from a dealer in Wales.

gcLwWbr.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Right on the Money, Jack.:) Very nice steaming mug shots.

Thank you Harvey, some smoke blowing in from the camp fire :) :thumbsup:

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get here before page 2000. :p

Hope so! :D :thumbsup:

Great news Guardians ! :)
If Canada post and Royal Mail work nicely with each other and Canada customs expedites things :) I will soon have company for my lonely ebony lambsfoot.
I have a package on it's way from Leeds :thumbsup:;)
tkZwLPi.jpg

gcZxfC3.jpg

A Walk in Nature
[URL][URL]https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE[/URL][/URL]

Hope it gets to you soon Dan, those are wonderful photos :) :thumbsup:

Love this photo Jack! :thumbsup::)

I’m getting homesick for some of my Lambs! ;) Like these Hartshead Barlow SFO’s! :D

48107988571_a85fdc82b1_b_d.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron, hope you're reunited with your Hartshead Barlows soon my friend ;) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - It doesn't show as much and is not as severe as Harvey's but the red streak in this rosewood covered mark side cover is definitely a crack that runs from the heel of the cover right up to the pin at the bolster. I'm not complaining - just saying. If I use the edge of my thumbnail and draw it across the streak/crack it will catch on the edge of the streak crack. I'll try to get a better picture of it up later. By the way, this is not a knife supplied from you. It is from a dealer in Wales.

gcLwWbr.jpg

Thanks for the pic Ed (I knew it wasn't one of mine) :) Harvey's doesn't have a crack, but I think you have every reason to complain. I hope it doesn't get worse. Wright's QC isn't good, nor do most of their dealers seem to have good eyesight, but I have often wondered if air travel might make a hairline crack worse? Thanks again for showing it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Ramrodmb Fantastic looking wood on the spade handles you posted. @r8shell Any fruit not home grown is bland, it is normally kept in cold storage so it can be put on the shelves out of season. @JackBlack The supermarkets really started to flex their muscle in the sixties/seventies and that was the start of the demise of the High Street food vendors. When i was young we still had the milk being delivered off the horse and cart, and the butcher, fruit and veg man and baker still came to the back door everyday if you asked them too, and everything was fresh. " Ya there Missus", you knew who it was, and -TRY THIS TODAY-if mum was not at home, he would just come in, read the note on the kitchen table, take his money and leave the change, and gone on his way, leaving the back door as he found it. OPEN.

@Ramrodmb Fantastic looking wood on the spade handles you posted. @r8shell Any fruit not home grown is bland, it is normally kept in cold storage so it can be put on the shelves out of season. @JackBlack The supermarkets really started to flex their muscle in the sixties/seventies and that was the start of the demise of the High Street food vendors. When i was young we still had the milk being delivered off the horse and cart, and the butcher, fruit and veg man and baker still came to the back door everyday if you asked them too, and everything was fresh. " Ya there Missus", you knew who it was, and -TRY THIS TODAY-if mum was not at home, he would just come in, read the note on the kitchen table, take his money and leave the change, and gone on his way, leaving the back door as he found it. OPEN.

I know what you mean mate, happier times. Even today, I can still remember the names of the tradesmen on our street, and those who called, they were almost like family. I delivered newspapers for several years as a kid, and with some houses, I'd take them in for the old folks and leave them on the table, so that they didn't have to bend down to pick them up. Doors were always left unlocked in those days :thumbsup:

Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

This is a short post--I have to work 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday, but I'm taking photos during my lunch hour.

Here's Linus with me at work:
cYeq0PO.jpg

I think he may be a little bored, but we're watching Game 1 of the World Series tonight:
5xKT6Dm.jpg

I won't let him have too much beer.

I'll have a long post probably Friday night. And then again Sunday night.
Have a good evening, Guardians!

Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

This is a short post--I have to work 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday, but I'm taking photos during my lunch hour.

Here's Linus with me at work:
cYeq0PO.jpg

I think he may be a little bored, but we're watching Game 1 of the World Series tonight:
5xKT6Dm.jpg

I won't let him have too much beer.

I'll have a long post probably Friday night. And then again Sunday night.
Have a good evening, Guardians!
You too matey.;)

Good evening, folks. I've largely been away from the forums due to a recent trip and a recent tragedy. I am now starting to get somewhat caught up, if I've missed any comments, please accept my apologies.

Beatiful trio of Vintage Sambar Lambs, especially AC.

There's nothing meagre about that collection. That's as finer assortment of stag as anyone's seen. :):thumbsup:

Great to see you Here Dylan, and thank you for the kind words, I hope you're well :) That's a fine stag selection my friend

Terrific trio, Dylan, but the Sambar Damascus lambsfoot rules the roost, IMHO! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you so much for the kind compliments, fellas, they are always appreciated.

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

Linus arrived yesterday in the post, a little weary from his travels, but in good shape.
6s5xPwX.jpg

(This is, of course, from Pàdruig Pàdruig 's passaround.). We've taken it easy today. First thing he did was help me open a new bag of dog treats:
IywSkaT.jpg

He's a sharp fellow. A couple of more glamour pics:
Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

Linus decided to join me on the porch for some whiskey and a cigar:
UX5gMLe.jpg

He's a good porch-mate--real good listener!

He'll accompany me to work tomorrow, and I'll be taking more pics this week.

w2pqllF.jpg

Cheers, Guardians! (Ignore the writing on the glass: that's Suntory Japanese Whisky.)

I'm glad Linus made it to you safely, Vince! After my bungling of getting this underway, I am happy to see your fantastic post getting his travels kicked off.

As mentioned, I recently took a trip after my brother surprised me with tickets and airfare to go see Wardruna (a Norwegian folk band) at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater outside of Denver, Colorado. It was a rather magical experience and despite the aforementioned tragedy that cast its pall over my trip, I am quite pleased that I got to go.

gU1ZAlh.jpg

WYw7zyy.jpg

I was able to get some fly fishing in after meeting up with another forum member here who showed me some of the ropes regarding such a sport. I was also able to tour the Coors Brewing facility in Golden, CO, (lot of terrific history there) and got to see some big skies, open country, and cool geological formations.

wj13G63.jpg

xaQi7qP.jpg

ussGVK4.jpg

Now for the tragedy - I hesitate to post this but I also know that the Guardians thread is as much a community thread as it is a knife thread and since I consider you all friends, I will share. I've perhaps posted about my pup, Saxon, maybe even one too many times. He was my best bud and I love him dearly. He fell ill shortly before I departed on my trip, exhibiting the same symptoms that he had back in May. Since he had pulled out of it and recovered fully despite the vets not knowing what was wrong, I had high hopes that he would do the same this time. Unfortunately, his condition continued to worsen and my wife took him to a neurologist and he passed on soon after. It turns out he had developed hydrocephalus for no reason that the doctors could fathom and that it was nothing short of a miracle that he didn't die back in May.

In any case, I got the news while I was at Red Rocks and I broke apart as I poured one out for Saxon. Needless to say, I am rather crushed.

Yupuu7Y.jpg

BTvq4Hu.jpg

In any case, this is still a knife thread and I've been carrying this Waynorth in Ebony today. Black seems a fitting color at the moment.

TDp8aG1.jpg

Good evening, folks. I've largely been away from the forums due to a recent trip and a recent tragedy. I am now starting to get somewhat caught up, if I've missed any comments, please accept my apologies.

Thank you so much for the kind compliments, fellas, they are always appreciated.

I'm glad Linus made it to you safely, Vince! After my bungling of getting this underway, I am happy to see your fantastic post getting his travels kicked off.

As mentioned, I recently took a trip after my brother surprised me with tickets and airfare to go see Wardruna (a Norwegian folk band) at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater outside of Denver, Colorado. It was a rather magical experience and despite the aforementioned tragedy that cast its pall over my trip, I am quite pleased that I got to go.

gU1ZAlh.jpg

WYw7zyy.jpg

I was able to get some fly fishing in after meeting up with another forum member here who showed me some of the ropes regarding such a sport. I was also able to tour the Coors Brewing facility in Golden, CO, (lot of terrific history there) and got to see some big skies, open country, and cool geological formations.

wj13G63.jpg

xaQi7qP.jpg

ussGVK4.jpg

Now for the tragedy - I hesitate to post this but I also know that the Guardians thread is as much a community thread as it is a knife thread and since I consider you all friends, I will share. I've perhaps posted about my pup, Saxon, maybe even one too many times. He was my best bud and I love him dearly. He fell ill shortly before I departed on my trip, exhibiting the same symptoms that he had back in May. Since he had pulled out of it and recovered fully despite the vets not knowing what was wrong, I had high hopes that he would do the same this time. Unfortunately, his condition continued to worsen and my wife took him to a neurologist and he passed on soon after. It turns out he had developed hydrocephalus for no reason that the doctors could fathom and that it was nothing short of a miracle that he didn't die back in May.

In any case, I got the news while I was at Red Rocks and I broke apart as I poured one out for Saxon. Needless to say, I am rather crushed.

Yupuu7Y.jpg

BTvq4Hu.jpg

In any case, this is still a knife thread and I've been carrying this Waynorth in Ebony today. Black seems a fitting color at the moment.

TDp8aG1.jpg
I'm sorry about your pup.

Last edited:

gU1ZAlh.jpg

WYw7zyy.jpg

wj13G63.jpg

xaQi7qP.jpg

ussGVK4.jpg

Yupuu7Y.jpg

BTvq4Hu.jpg

TDp8aG1.jpg
So sorry to hear about Saxon, Dylan. I know what you are going through.

Back