Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black - Sorry for not responding sooner. The Lamb is indeed a 1XL. You have some very top drawer Lambs. A pleasure to look at. So is that link to tools. It’s monetized for the old Catalogues, but well worth it for the serious researcher. Good to hear that your having a nice weekend.

@pjsjr Hello Preston. Very nice image.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Another 1XL.
81420FA3-7F2B-46B7-929A-8F91B4A39262_zps91bneefh.jpeg

The Guardians thread hosts so many beautiful pictures that I sometimes miss the content of what is really there.
Fantastic old IXL and beautiful composition as always from cigarrodog!!! Old fellows like this always raise my blood pressure (in a good way)
Could I ask to see this fine old knife with the blade open?

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

Linus arrived yesterday in the post, a little weary from his travels, but in good shape.
6s5xPwX.jpg

(This is, of course, from @Pàdruig's passaround.). We've taken it easy today. First thing he did was help me open a new bag of dog treats:
IywSkaT.jpg

He's a sharp fellow. A couple of more glamour pics:
Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

Linus decided to join me on the porch for some whiskey and a cigar:
UX5gMLe.jpg

He's a good porch-mate--real good listener!

He'll accompany me to work tomorrow, and I'll be taking more pics this week.

w2pqllF.jpg

Cheers, Guardians! (Ignore the writing on the glass: that's Suntory Japanese Whisky.)

Last edited:

Linus arrived yesterday in the post, a little weary from his travels, but in good shape.
6s5xPwX.jpg

(This is, of course, from @Pàdruig's passaround.). We've taken it easy today. First thing he did was help me open a new bag of dog treats:
IywSkaT.jpg

Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

UX5gMLe.jpg

w2pqllF.jpg

Cheers, Guardians! (Ignore the writing on the glass: that's Suntory Japanese Whisky.)
Cheers, Vince.
Thanks for kicking this off in style. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, that is gorgeous :) There are a few catalogues to download for free here: https://taths.org.uk/reading/downloads. More freebies here: https://taths.org.uk/reading/taths-free-e-books Lots more too, you just need to look around the site a bit :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Thank you also for the clarification, as well as the link to the free downloads.

@5K Qs - Thank you for the kind words, GT. Valley Jack looks like if there were a battle, the tree would have its’ branches full.

Prester John Prester John - Your off to a great start with Linus. It’s a nice looking Ebony Lamb. Looking forward to more images your adventures with Linus.

@Campbellclanman - Thank you for those kind words, Duncan.

H herder - Thank you. Much appreciation, Neal.
81630AF6-994C-46A7-925B-2375CC011F45.jpeg

F6003D71-550E-4EF1-9D88-2CC1124E7BB2.jpeg

F517B942-AD4E-4EC4-90B2-E3DE1640F4E9.jpeg

FB91518E-E958-4785-8DB8-15F56BE521D3.jpeg

6s5xPwX.jpg

IywSkaT.jpg

Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

UX5gMLe.jpg

w2pqllF.jpg

Some nice picture of the "finer things in life". And I hate to say so, but those dog treats look kind of tasty, a bit like Belgian dark chocolates. :)

Thank you Jack. Thank you also for the clarification, as well as the link to the free downloads.

@5K Qs - Thank you for the kind words, GT. Valley Jack looks like if there were a battle, the tree would have its’ branches full.

Prester John Prester John - Your off to a great start with Linus. It’s a nice looking Ebony Lamb. Looking forward to more images your adventures with Linus.

View attachment 1216996

View attachment 1216999

View attachment 1217004

View attachment 1217006

Thanks for the extra pictures of a beautiful old knife!!!

Glad you're home now. Looks like you finished your Jello. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Rachel!!

:D
I did, orange is my favorite!
"Who loves ya, Dennis???:)"*

:):thumbsup:
Thanks, Charlie!

May have to join the sucker club!:D
Dennis- get better mate! :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Duncan!:):thumbsup:
Dennis, mitch4ging mitch4ging , Here's to your full and speedy recovery, my friend. You've been missed!
Hope you and all the Guardians have a great weekend ahead.:thumbsup:
2019 Ironwood- Jack Black- Guardians SFO
Vn2t9Wb.jpg
Thank you so kindly, Mark!!

A grand shot of your '19 JBSO!:cool::thumbsup:
Sorry, must of missed this somehow. Looks like you've been having an adventure. :eek:
Wishing you a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, David! Just not the adventure I was hoping for!:rolleyes:
Wonderful photos of your adventure!:cool::thumbsup:
Blimey Dennis, sorry to hear that pal, but glad you're back home now, and comfortable I hope. What you been doing brother? Nice sippy cup, and it's good to see your Hartshead Barlow in your hand :thumbsup:
Getting better, Thanks Jack! Just get real tired quickly, but glad to be home for sure!! Gonna take a couple of months to get the hemoglobin and iron back up.
Fantastic photo my friend :) It's really great to read all the kind and encouraging comments aimed at our friend Dennis :) :thumbsup:
And it is GREATLY appreciated!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Few bits and bobs I picked up today :)

jWzV9Ql.jpg
I like the bits and bobs!:D:thumbsup: My first sling shot was similar to yours, but I carved it out of.
Your HHB looks right at home in that photo!:):thumbsup:
I really hope all you Guardians have had a great Sambar Stagurday! :):thumbsup:
Stagurday! :):thumbsup:

37029672593_8bc5834c0c_o_d.jpg
Your stag is looking great, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
Your background reminds me of a couple of old albums, Bob Seger and this one...
Keeping you in my thoughts, Dennis. Hope things are going better for you, my friend.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
69b221df-cc7b-4b1b-93d0-232f7e9d626d-jpeg.1216150
Thank you so very much, Harvey, I appreciate it!!:)

Stunning photo my friend!:cool::thumbsup:
Also, someone invented the Teasmaid (which I'm staggered to see is still manufactured), so why not a Beermaid?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

s-l1600.jpg
Cool device...you are on to something with the Beermaid!:p:thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :) :thumbsup:

44T4JHK.jpg
Such a stunning Lamb, Jack!!;):thumbsup: Glad to see it in rotation!
My Ironwood sfo has darkened up with some carry and use.:thumbsup:
J8FPUEC.jpg
And what a fantastic '19 JBSFO you have, Mark!!:):thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. Yes, it is, nice to see everyone backing up our friend Dennis with encouraging words and well wishes.:thumbsup:
It most certainly is, and it had worked!!:)
View attachment 1216391 View attachment 1216392 It’s my birthday next week so all my grandchildren stopped by yesterday and dropped off a present they all took a hand in designing. As you know from my posts I love to cook and bake.they thought I would really treasure this
What a great treasure
Good morning Guardians

DSC-2986.jpg
Wonderful shot of your HHB JBSFO!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Note that you'll have to search around the site a bit, as they're not all linked to on the Resources page :thumbsup:

FncGsQq.jpg
Very cool photo, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
Rosie went to elk camp this past week or so. Unsuccessful, but enjoyable.
Jack, that ivory lambsfoot just sets my heart aflutter every time I see it...exquisite!
IMG_1338.JPG
Good to see ya post Preston!:thumbsup:
Sorry no luck with the elk, but it looks like a beautiful trip!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
First time I poke a hole in the bull's eye from 33 feet :)
My lamb has graciously volunteered to point to it :D

L83MIJc.jpg
That's awsome, Dan!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Guess I gotta join in with the group here, can at least do it in the back yard!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good Sunday to all of you. Every time I handle my HHB it brings a smile to my face. I feel that this knife is nicely constructed, robust, and has character.

View attachment 1216418

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
That is some incredible coloring in the stag, Bill!! These SFO's are awsome!:cool::thumbsup:
There is hope for this world and it's starting in band rooms across the country. Keep Music and Arts in high schools (my political statement for today)!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Of course I was carrying Skoll all day...
Glad you and Skoll got out and supported the yutes!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Another day.

ExkJawj.jpg
Another dollar...:(
Such great covers on that one, Ed!:cool:
L'il Lambsfoot today, and starting the day off right with a chocolate raspberry tea ring :)

Exy80iK.jpg
:eek::eek:
That looks awesome!! Better have the Lamb checked for diabetes!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
THought I'd Take a new scan of my Stag HHB Yesterday for the ABC thread, but here it is in case you missed it!!:D
View attachment 1216528
Always a treat to see how you set up your shots, Charlie! This one is no exception!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
The only thing I could find to go with a cuppa was a Clif bar! o_O ;) :thumbsup:

fZXaNSa.jpg
:cool::thumbsup: Not a bad treat!

Last edited:
Lovely pearl Jack. :thumbsup::cool: That CLIFF bar sure looks like pemmican. :p

img_2176-jpg.1216620
Beautiful shot dave!!:eek: great colors!!;):thumbsup:
Great pairing!!:cool::thumbsup:
Y’all have a great Sunday! :):thumbsup:

48159064162_2f110b1a30_b_d.jpg
....I do love the looks of those WCLF'S ! My one regret!! Great photo, Ron!!
Here is something for a rainy day!! (Raining all weekend here in the Rainforest!!). I've jumped on the slingshot bandwagon, and I am currently building a "shot trap" using my HHB of course, and an old cardboard box!!! Now I'll be able to practice in my "Man-cave"!!! Except I feel like a "Kid" again!!:D
View attachment 1216743
That's what counts!! If you find something to lift your spirits, it's a good thing!
Cool shot of your special HHB, Charlie!
Good Afternoon Guardians. Another 1XL.
81420FA3-7F2B-46B7-929A-8F91B4A39262_zps91bneefh.jpeg
:eek:
Harvey.....I have heart issues as it is, and you post something as breathtaking as that!! Beautiful shot!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Saturday Lamb
48926738711_b9d0539986_h.jpg
Looks like a happy outdoor Lamb, Kevin!!:cool::thumbsup:
Valley Jack is back:
vj-pile-vopen-knot-jpg.1216763

- GT
Glad to see Valley Jack, Gary!! Beautiful grain.:)
Holy Cow, Dennis! :eek::( Belated Get Well Soon wishes to you! Glad you're home, but ICU for a week sounds less than ideal! You sound like a man after my own heart, though, regarding the footwear. :) When I go to bed at night, the last things to come off are shoes, pants, and glasses, in that order, and those are the first things to go on in the morning, in reverse order. Between getting up and going to bed, I'm almost never without shoes, pants, and glasses!
Thank you very much for the well wishes, Gary!!
Same here, but they took my horse away!:eek::p
:D:thumbsup:
mitch4ging mitch4ging Mate sorry to hear you have been in hospital, hope you are on the mend.:thumbsup: And off topic, politically incorrect:thumbsdown:, and strictly between you and me, was nurse Mandi a good sort?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thank you very much, cudgee!
I'll have to say all the nurses were great! One nurse came in shook up, they lost an elderly gentleman down the hall from me. That's when my hemoglobin was at its lowest, and my wife was crying, the nurse was crying, they really took their jobs seriously. And yeah...a good sort!:D:thumbsup:

6s5xPwX.jpg
Linus looks like a dapper fellow, and looks ready for an adventure!:D:thumbsup:

w2pqllF.jpg

And it looks like you're ready for an adventure, Vince!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Much appreciation, Neal.
81630af6-994c-46a7-925b-2375cc011f45-jpeg.1216996

fb91518e-e958-4785-8db8-15f56be521d3-jpeg.1217006
Really is a grand lamb, Harvey!!:cool::thumbsup::)

I was just going to try to read through the posts today, but I felt compelled to comment on so many great thoughts and shots!!:D

A quick shot, and a couple of coins..
20191021_010547-1455x1483-1091x1112-818x834-613x625.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't she in a funny Steve Martin movie once?

And more recently in the Kill Bill films :eek: :thumbsup:

latest

Just some small alterations to that Teamaid design and POW....BEERMAID !
Those short bands on the sling shot should work juuuust fine....for a T-Rex. :p:D;)

The White Rose is looking splendid, as always. :thumbsup:
Also, thank you for the link.

You must be right, just an oversight.... :rolleyes::D

My Saturday Lamb
48926738711_b9d0539986_h.jpg

LOL! :D Thanks buddy, that's a superb pic :cool: :thumbsup:

6s5xPwX.jpg

IywSkaT.jpg

Opx2tGr.jpg

L81InqK.jpg

UX5gMLe.jpg

w2pqllF.jpg

Fantastic post Vince, you BOTH look in good shape my friend :) I've not had that whisky for a year or so, but it's good :) Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures with Linus :thumbsup:

View attachment 1216996

View attachment 1216999

View attachment 1217004

View attachment 1217006

Still a nice blade Harvey, just a beautiful knife :) Thanks for showing us more of it :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. By the way, here's an addendum to the above post:
CVmJvnP.jpg

I meant to include this, Linus being introduced to my flock.

Great to see Linus meeting your flock :) :thumbsup:

Great group and picture, what a legacy Jack has created.

Thanks pal (don't miss those links I posted, they'll be right up your street, some fascinating articles in the journals too) :thumbsup:

Getting better, Thanks Jack! Just get real tired quickly, but glad to be home for sure!! Gonna take a couple of months to get the hemoglobin and iron back up.

And it is GREATLY appreciated!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the bits and bobs!:D:thumbsup: My first sling shot was similar to yours, but I carved it out of.
Your HHB looks right at home in that photo!:):thumbsup:

Thank you so very much, Harvey, I appreciate it!!:)

Stunning photo my friend!:cool::thumbsup:

Cool device...you are on to something with the Beermaid!:p:thumbsup:

Such a stunning Lamb, Jack!!;):thumbsup: Glad to see it in rotation!

And what a fantastic '19 JBSFO you have, Mark!!:):thumbsup:

It most certainly is, and it had worked!!:)

What a great treasure

Wonderful shot of your HHB JBSFO!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very cool photo, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Good to see ya post Preston!:thumbsup:
Sorry no luck with the elk, but it looks like a beautiful trip!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's awsome, Dan!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Guess I gotta join in with the group here, can at least do it in the back yard!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is some incredible coloring in the stag, Bill!! These SFO's are awsome!:cool::thumbsup:

Glad you and Skoll got out and supported the yutes!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another dollar...:(
Such great covers on that one, Ed!:cool:

:eek::eek:
That looks awesome!! Better have the Lamb checked for diabetes!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always a treat to see how you set up your shots, Charlie! This one is no exception!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup: Not a bad treat!

Fantastic to see you here Dennis, and to hear that you're on the mend :) You take it easy my friend. Thank you for all your kind words, and for your great posts :thumbsup:

A quick shot, and a couple of coins..
View attachment 1217099

Great shot :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start. Slipping my Hartshead Barlow SFO in my pocket today :thumbsup:

Thanks for the stag compliment Dennis! :) Bob Seger and 38 Special could rock with the best of them! :thumbsup::cool:

....I do love the looks of those WCLF'S ! My one regret!! Great photo, Ron!!
They are special knives Dennis! :thumbsup::) I hope you’re feeling better every day my friend! :thumbsup:

Back