Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

It's been a great weekend so far. Went yesterday to a local restaurant, Brewster Street Icehouse, to pick up my wife's "packet" for a race today. She ran a half-marathon: The Harbor Half (13.1 miles), over our Harbor Bridge.
BOvrgOl.jpg

I took Linus, of course. I had fried shrimp and french fries (shrimp and chips?). It's downtown, near Whataburger Field, where the race started this morning.
eznzQF7.jpg

After dinner, we dropped by the Art Museum--getting Linus some culture, you know.
The race started early this morning, and required running across the Harbor Bridge (in the distance in the next pic) and back.
CEX2maP.jpg

That's a picture of part of our marina, with some of the downtown buildings in the background.
While my wife was running, my daughter and I drove around a little. We drove to the Lexington, a WWII era aircraft carrier, and my favourite "attraction" in my hometown.
TwtLzg4.jpg

Y8TZ6cq.jpg

mLO3TwT.jpg

The lighting's not great, but it was just after dawn.
0jAKwsd.jpg

Here's Linus, sitting in the gunner's seat in the last pic:
JzFmFdv.jpg

It was a little chilly, so he stayed in his leather sheath.
3VoE1IM.jpg

We then went to the largest Whataburger restaurant in the world, on Shoreline Drive, with a view of the bay:
IiyAaLP.jpg

I had a jalapeño cheddar cheese biscuit with sausage, egg, and cheese [yes, I use the "Oxford comma"].
iPIZ1Qe.jpg

We also went by the Corpus Christi Cathedral, where I made my First Holy Communion over 50 years ago. Here's a pic of an old postcard:
ZORkA06.jpg

And here's a pic from this morning:
Hcdn3HB.jpg

You can see a memorial for World War I on the hill below the church.
We also drove the the university, Texas A&M University--Corpus Christi, several miles away, and I took a pic of Linus in a gazebo:
8rXcMpU.jpg

Here's a pic taken from one of several parks on Ocean Drive:
emVFSh9.jpg

And here's a pic of our seawall, designed by Gutzon Borglum (of Mount Rushmore fame):
yy5LqhD.jpg

After my wife finished the race, we went to the local Greek festival:
cW3Tjfx.jpg

I had almost finished my meal before I remembered to take a pic:
Sbi9Lvd.jpg

Opa!

It's been a great weekend so far. Went yesterday to a local restaurant, Brewster Street Icehouse, to pick up my wife's "packet" for a race today. She ran a half-marathon: The Harbor Half (13.1 miles), over our Harbor Bridge.
BOvrgOl.jpg

I took Linus, of course. I had fried shrimp and french fries (shrimp and chips?). It's downtown, near Whataburger Field, where the race started this morning.
eznzQF7.jpg

After dinner, we dropped by the Art Museum--getting Linus some culture, you know.
The race started early this morning, and required running across the Harbor Bridge (in the distance in the next pic) and back.
CEX2maP.jpg

That's a picture of part of our marina, with some of the downtown buildings in the background.
While my wife was running, my daughter and I drove around a little. We drove to the Lexington, a WWII era aircraft carrier, and my favourite "attraction" in my hometown.
TwtLzg4.jpg

Y8TZ6cq.jpg

mLO3TwT.jpg

0jAKwsd.jpg

JzFmFdv.jpg

3VoE1IM.jpg

We then went to the largest Whataburger restaurant in the world, on Shoreline Drive, with a view of the bay:
IiyAaLP.jpg

I had a jalapeño cheddar cheese biscuit with sausage, egg, and cheese [yes, I use the "Oxford comma"].
iPIZ1Qe.jpg

We also went by the Corpus Christi Cathedral, where I made my First Holy Communion over 50 years ago. Here's a pic of an old postcard:
ZORkA06.jpg

Hcdn3HB.jpg

We also drove the the university, Texas A&M University--Corpus Christi, several miles away, and I took a pic of Linus in a gazebo:
8rXcMpU.jpg

emVFSh9.jpg

And here's a pic of our seawall, designed by Gutzon Borglum (of Mount Rushmore fame):
yy5LqhD.jpg

cW3Tjfx.jpg

Sbi9Lvd.jpg

Opa!
Great post, Vince!:cool: Enjoyed each and every photo.:thumbsup:
The Greek festival after a 13 mile race...One event per day for me. I guess I really am just a slacker.:confused::eek:

He is auditioning for his "dream band" tomorrow

Best of luck to your son tomorrow John :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am enjoying following Linus adventures.:thumbsup:

When we first got married we lived in Keene, Texas, a very small town about 45 minutes from Fort Worth. I did my LPN ( licensed practical nurse) in a community college in Cleburne TX. From there we moved to Chattanooga TN for a while before returning to Canada. Great memories :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mark! Stronger each day!:):thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!;):thumbsup:

:p, thanks, John!! My wife's Dulcimer, kinda cool.:thumbsup:

Thanks much, Dylan! Hope all is getting better for you as well!:):thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Harvey!;):thumbsup: I like the cutout design on the Dulcimer. :cool::thumbsup:

I don't have it in me to comment on all the great post, but Harvey, that photo is AWESOME!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another WONDERFUL shot, Mark! Great color in your Ironwood. :cool::thumbsup:

Congratulations, Dan! You got a herd going on now!:):thumbsup:

This one makes me sad!:( I want to pick it up, dry it off, and put it next to the fireplace and give it some nice warm oil!:D:thumbsup:

Those are awsome, Cudgee! Congrats!:):thumbsup: Is the bowl handmade / turned locally?

Well, that's not a "cheep" photo!:rolleyes::D:thumbsup: Another great shot, Dan!

I really appreciate your great storytelling posts and ventures, Chin! Great looking Big'un! Thanks for picking up the torch for OG till he returns!;):thumbsup:

I do hope Dave and O.G. are okay, Jack!:confused:

Wonderful shot of your HHB SFO, and your...flask?:cool::thumbsup:

Nice shot of a great looking SFO Lambsfoot, Ron! I do love the ebony, hate I missed that one!:):thumbsup:

Nice photo of your '19 SFO Lamb,...Great photo of your Grand youngins!:):thumbsup:

A good lamb and a good cup of coffee....daily carry necessities!:D:thumbsup:

At least you had your trusty Jack-O-Lamb handy!:cool::thumbsup:

And what a dandy it is, John!;):thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Been having to eat healthy, lots of spinach on me sandwiches, apples, and the Mrs' has been making me take blackstrap molasses because of the iron :poop::(. No burgers and fries for a while!:confused::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup: Cool!

Great ebony, Ed!:thumbsup: Is that a pin or a button next to it?

Congratulations to both of you for your newest addition!:):thumbsup:

Classy setup, Harvey!;):thumbsup:

Finally snapped a new photo today while going to the Drs...
View attachment 1224058

Have a great weekend, all!!
Thanks mate. I do not think the bowl is locally turned, i bought it in a thrift shop for " One Dollar ". I bought it for 3 reasons, it was cheap, i liked it, and i am going to have a go at refurbishing it. I am a novice at wood work, but very interested, so i am going to sand it back with some 000 steel wool and then give it a polish up with some local beeswax and carnuba wax that i have. I will post a photo of it when i am happy with my work. You have a good weekend yourself my friend.:);):thumbsup:

Modoc ED Modoc ED G,day mate, hoping you are having a good weekend. Just posting a couple of pics of the Lamb Foot knives i received during the week that you liked. I hope they turn out okay, photography is not my strong suite.;)
xWkqhgT.jpg
mHTj9OY.jpg

The photos are just fine and the figuring/grain in the covers of both knives are unique and very appealing. You did good acquiring both knives. Very nice.:thumbsup:

The photos are just fine and the figuring/grain in the covers of both knives are unique and very appealing. You did good acquiring both knives. Very nice.:thumbsup:
Thank you, glad you like them, the driftwood is really fantastic.Thanks again.:thumbsup:

BOvrgOl.jpg

eznzQF7.jpg

CEX2maP.jpg

TwtLzg4.jpg

Y8TZ6cq.jpg

mLO3TwT.jpg

0jAKwsd.jpg

JzFmFdv.jpg

3VoE1IM.jpg

IiyAaLP.jpg

iPIZ1Qe.jpg

ZORkA06.jpg

Hcdn3HB.jpg

8rXcMpU.jpg

emVFSh9.jpg

yy5LqhD.jpg

cW3Tjfx.jpg

Sbi9Lvd.jpg

Opa!
Spectacular. Beautiful images and light, Vince. You’ve been an excellent host to Linus.

draggat draggat - Fine image of that nice pair of Lambs.

Back