Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Guess it's a math guy thing! :D

I spent the night on the Lexington once, with a Boy Scout troop my sons were in. Lots of fun.
The half-marathon (13.1 miles) was my wife's first. There were plenty of faster runners, but she finished. She's only been running about 7 years. I'm proud of her. Maybe I should take up running!
Here's a couple of pics from the bridge someone else took:
CiGHarJ.jpg

VZukkfa.jpg

And at the finish line:
XSdIQCX.jpg

And, finally:
Good Morning, Guardians!
9rfSbwz.jpg

This is Linus the Lambsfoot's last day here in Corpus Christi. I'll take a few more pics today and send him on his way tomorrow.

Great pics Vince :) I used to love running, but my knees and feet are shot now, in part due to a lot of road running in the days before decent footwear :( You have certainly pulled out all the stops to give Linus a fantastic stay my friend, I'm sure he'll look back on Corpus Christi with fond memories :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations to your missus Vince, and thanks again for the great tour :) :thumbsup:

Very cool Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks Mark, the same to you my friend, that's a great pic (well done) :) I don't know if you're aware of this? ;) :thumbsup:

There's only one on display now I'm afraid, plus a few truncheons, and only two trench clubs left in the WW1 section :(

uoYJaEz.jpg

Yes, they seem to have some historic rights, and I can't see them giving them up. I do recommend St Edmunds, perhaps it's even possible to view the 3 bibles by appointment. I also recommend the small museum in the modern visitors centre, and I think there may also be a small agricultural museum still there. The pubs have never been great I'm afraid :( :thumbsup:

Me too! I've still not been able to find anything definite. It came with a bag of tools my mate bought off an old feller, so I'm hoping we can spot him again, but it's possible he may not know himself o_O

Terrible isn't it? o_O I got it about a month ago, and have had to put in a lot of work, and used almost every trick I know to get it to the point that with dry hands, and a mammoth effort, I can just pinch the blade open. No chance of using the nail-nick. The edge is so badly ground the blade is never going to be fully recoverable because it's ground way too high :mad: Why would you make such a shoddy sample for a customer? o_O

2Wttxz8.jpg

You too David, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

I like the full-fat version of that myself ;) :) :thumbsup:

Looking good John :) :thumbsup:

Nice Ed :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday :) I often don't go out on a Sunday, but today I headed into the city centre. There was a wee farmer's market on, so I checked that out, then went for coffee and a blueberry croissant :)

4YlTikr.jpg

I was talking about the Chestnut Roaster the other week, once a staple of British streets, but fast disappearing. I came across an old couple unloading their little roasting truck, they looked to be both in their 80's, and I can't see them wanting to do it much longer :(

0x6cqYR.jpg

I headed on down to the river, and on to the Royal Armouries museum :)

ro98U5c.jpg

YZJmUVr.jpg

1jH77dm.jpg

After an hour or so at the museum, I was getting peckish, so it was off the pub for a burger and a pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord. The burger seemed a bit diminutive, but was actually quite filling, as well as tasty :)

MvKmhLS.jpg

MVwY9q3.jpg

Hope everyone else is having a great Sunday :thumbsup:
Excellent post with cracking pics, Jack! I always learn stuff from them. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Very nice images, Jack. Great view of your JB SFO.:) I presume that’s where the Swells live.:D Excellent snap of your WCLF.:thumbsup: I’ll have a bag of those chestnuts, please.:)

@Ramrodmb - Awesome PSA Image, Mark.

@donn - Thank you Dave. The clear path is a blessing.

Great Blog Post. The soup looks so inviting. Even in the shadow, one can see the elegance of your Lamb.

JohnDF JohnDF - Wonderful Fall colors image.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. I wish you would accept that you are eminently “worthy,” because you are. You don’t have to catch up. A pleasure when you appear. Til next time, me thinks.:)

Your Cracker Jack looks sharp on center stage.

Good Morning Guardians
E7016707-BACF-4228-A753-1E41F1BF6358.jpeg

Jack Black Jack Black - Very nice images, Jack. Great view of your JB SFO.:) I presume that’s where the Swells live.:D Excellent snap of your WCLF.:thumbsup: I’ll have a bag of those chestnuts, please.:)

@Ramrodmb - Awesome PSA Image, Mark.

@donn - Thank you Dave. The clear path is a blessing.

Great Blog Post. The soup looks so inviting. Even in the shadow, one can see the elegance of your Lamb.

JohnDF JohnDF - Wonderful Fall colors image.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. I wish you would accept that you are eminently “worthy,” because you are. You don’t have to catch up. A pleasure when you appear. Til next time, me thinks.:)

Your Cracker Jack looks sharp on center stage.

Good Morning Guardians
View attachment 1224916

Thanks Harvey :) Yes, it is! :rolleyes: I live on the OTHER side of town! :D :thumbsup:

Wonderful pic of your Barlow my friend :)

Good Morning Guardians
I've decided to start a weekly Lambsfoot rotation, ala GT.
This week will be the Rosewood, who will keep me company today while watching football. :)

Fall colors still around my area...

I will join you John as I am now the proud owner of a superb African Rosewood. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just incredible Dan! :cool: Thanks for all your efforts, the pics are fantastic :) The birdies in your area must be beginning to associate the Lambsfoot with a feed :D :thumbsup:

Very cool Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

TY Jack, it's a lot of fun and get's the family out for walks :thumbsup:
7ogbnwq.jpg

I was talking about the Chestnut Roaster the other week, once a staple of British streets, but fast disappearing. I came across an old couple unloading their little roasting truck, they looked to be both in their 80's, and I can't see them wanting to do it much longer :(

0x6cqYR.jpg

I’ll have a bag of those chestnuts, please.:)
Last friday we bought some chestnuts. It's my second time ever roasting them, just now out of the oven. :)
Sending you a virtual serving Harvey :)
7dj9GAk.jpg

qEHRyjY.jpg

I will join you John as I am now the proud owner of a superb African Rosewood. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7ogbnwq.jpg

Last friday we bought some chestnuts. It's my second time ever roasting them, just now out of the oven. :)
7dj9GAk.jpg

qEHRyjY.jpg
Thank you kindly, Dan. Your African Rosewood Lamb has great color and character. Fine detailing in your images, Birdman.

7ogbnwq.jpg

7dj9GAk.jpg

qEHRyjY.jpg

That's a particularly nice photo Dan, lovely thing to do with your family my friend :) Roasted chestnuts were ubiquitous at this time of year when I was a boy, and the smell of them is very evocative for me. They are great fun to gather, as well as to eat :) That's a smashing pic of your African Rosewood Lambsfoot Dan, I hope you enjoy those roasted chestnuts :) :thumbsup:

I'm sure every mythological wolf longs for a grooming like you lavished on Sköll! ;)
My wolf promised not to bite me... not sure about the others. :D

Looking good John :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)

Jack (in) Black... Looking good, my friend. :cool::thumbsup:

Guess it's a math guy thing! :D
Possibly... or maybe just a "lazy guy thing". :D

Wonderful Fall colors image.
Thank you, Harvey. :)

I will join you John as I am now the proud owner of a superb African Rosewood.
Welcome aboard, Dan. :cool::thumbsup:

7ogbnwq.jpg

7dj9GAk.jpg

qEHRyjY.jpg
Congrats, Dan! Superb photos! :thumbsup:

I think this post has quotes from last Sunday through Thursday.
I learned from the best... you. :cool::thumbsup:

I know that's true. :cool:
I also believe music, especially a good marching band program, contributes to higher GPAs.
It teaches hard work, discipline, structure, and higher expectations of yourself.
Working for group goals and carrying out your share of the responsibilities.
Yes, I have become quite passionate about it. ;)

I haven't posted a picture of my WCLF in a while. I had it out to admire for a while this morning...
Thanks for the compliment, John. :)
The music/academics correlation is definitely worth your passion. :thumbsup::cool: It's one of those things that we believe in our hearts, but it's almost impossible to get the evidence to prove it "in our head" (like smoking and cancer for many years). Can you imagine how hard it would be to get parents to let their kids participate in a randomized comparative experiment in which the kids are randomly assigned to either get involved in music or be banned from music experiences?:eek::rolleyes:
Splendid pic of your ebony WCLF! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Have you tried Ezekiel Brand bread? They use those sprouted grains from 4:9. I keep it in the freezer because I can't eat a loaf before it spoils, but it is best for toast anyway.
I haven't seen the bread, but I noticed Ezekiel 4:9 cereal in the breakfast aisle at the grocery store last week. Didn't buy it though. :rolleyes:

I think we'll get to see the Van Pelt siblings together when Linus reaches Merry Olde England!
Something to look forward to! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Black Jack is smashing.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1220751
I appreciate your compliment, Harvey. :)
That's a stunning old knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TY GT for sharing ! , you described it perfectly ! :thumbsup:
I will miss it all so much once they leave the nest !
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

PHOTO BOMB ! :)

yNhTlNX.jpg

Incredible shot, Dan!! :eek::thumbsup::D:D

Very enjoyable post GT :) Most of the stuff I jot down is practical, but I also used to jpot down stuff when travelling which I enjoy revisiting occasionally :) It's been great seeing Black Jack :thumbsup:
Thanks for the replies, Jack. :)

Now relaxing on the couch with a book, cup of tea, and of course, L'il Lambsfoot. Gizmo was the inspiration for this afternoon ;)
gfQZx7T.jpg
Cool pic of your lambsfoot and "sheepdog", Mike! ;):cool::cool:

As long as Elia (Charles Lamb, 18th century writer and poet!) approves!!:D:D
I only know that Elia = Charles Lamb connection from crossword puzzles. ;) I don't think I've ever read one of Elia's essays. :(

Morning Guardians, the dawn of a new week! Hope everyone had a great weekend, I slept like a tot last night, must have been all that wood chopping and sawing! :D Have a good week folks, I'm starting off with my Charlie-approved Charlie Lamb ;) :D :thumbsup:

R7kg68s.jpg
Such outstanding jigging on your Charlie Lamb, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CelloDan CelloDan , How long did you wait for that shot? I could never get that close to a heron- have been closer to wild whitetails and foxes. Pretty scene :thumbsup:

Ray
I think they're a lot bolder than they used to be, this feller has been parking up right in the centre of Holmfirth the past few years (between the main road and the market) :rolleyes:

JPSVglS.jpg

The shorebirds where we vacation on Lake Huron are not very skittish. I'm not sure what the white bird is; juvenile great blue heron, maybe?
heron.greatblue.2017.jpg
whitebird3.2019.jpg

I received a very thoughtful gift from @Cambertree this afternoon :)

9hNP5ic.jpg
Anything appropriate for geriatric self-defense in there, Jack? I won't carry a gun, but I often consider carrying something less deadly.

0kHEYIJ.jpg

two new arrivals in today’s mail!!

Joe
Congrats on that champion new pair, Joe! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians.
7A697AF2-8AC8-4D56-B909-06F6CA992CA2_zpssqfmilnq.jpeg
Amazingly Charming AC, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you much, Gary!! Finally Feeling Friskier, my Friend!:cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1221876
I hope that friskiness continues, Dennis! :thumbsup::D
Musical shot of your stag HHB! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks Gary. :thumbsup: Congrats on the full night sleep. :) That can make a world of difference in how one feels. Great view of Black Jack.:thumbsup:

Interesting you should mention "correlation doesn't imply causation". I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to sound like I was being rude. My sons Varsity wrestling team had a much touted cumulative GPA of 3.7. There are many variables at work and it's hard to "pin it" :rolleyes: down to any one reason.:D I don't disagree on the positive affects of music, though.:thumbsup:
Thanks, Mark. :)
Oops! I do have the problem of sometimes sounding kind of rude. :rolleyes:

I’m fortunate to have many more in my EDC rotation such as this Ironwood Bigun. It’s in my pocket today! :) :thumbsup:
48574513441_f392fea585_o_d.jpg
Impressive Big Iron, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

More Cracker Jack:
CJ.pile.sunset.jpg

- GT

Coincidentally, I also received a most generous package today - from our friend in Leeds.:cool:

Jack most kindly helped me complete my range of different size A. Wright Lambsfoots, with a very fine ebony big ‘un. :):thumbsup:

CgXK3wV.jpg

And a pic with my standard size ebonies and my small ox horn Lambsfoot:

JTVJnwH.jpg

(I also received another cool and interesting knife in the package which I’ll have to discuss elsewhere.;))
Congrats on the big new ebony and all of Jack's signature extras, Chin! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Engaging group shot!

Thank you so much, GT. Saxon was nothing but undiluted joy, he brought so much happiness and those memories are simply beautiful to think back on. He is sorely missed for sure.
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Indeed. Someone, somewhere has turned the tap off for now. This morning it was, for once, not raining...
TLVisZh.jpg

Fabulously frosty/cool, David!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Updated flock photo. Could almost carry a different one each day of the week if that L'il rosewood wasn't such a pocket hog :D

li46t1s.jpg
Congrats on the stag HHB, Mike; that's a superb sextet of lambs! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Morning everyone. Here's one of my fancy:rolleyes: photos of my "Lil""One with the board reflected in the blade.

S7izKGw.jpg
That "three-tone" horn is snazzy, ED! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Shades of Rosewood. Just goes to show that Rosewood comes in various shades and colors.

Dsgt59M.jpg

I posted earlier - last week I think - that the "Big-un" in the middle had a crack running right up the center of the cover; however, I gave it a closer look and a very light sanding and the apparent crack disappeared. It seems the crack was nothing more than a sliver.
Intriguing comparison shot, ED! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Glad your Big 'un doesn't have a crack after all!

Good morning Guardians! I’ve been dipping my toes back into the forum a bit but not enough to stay up to speed here. Just wanted to say hi and pop up a picture since I’m carrying my lambsfoot today. Hope you are all well!
View attachment 1223011
Thanks for stopping by, Joshua! I hope you and your clan are doing well! :):thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic pics Mark. When I was a kid a lot of old houses still had very simple latches, which nowadays you only see on garden gates and outhouses. They look a bit like that, but the 'mechanism' is just a simple bar as seen here (this is the inside of the door).

sneck-or-latch-on-green-door.jpg

The piece which is depressed to lift the bar and open the door is known as a 'sneck', and also gives its name to the mechanism found on a type of old Sheffield locking folder, known as Sneck Knives :thumbsup:
Thanks for teaching me a new word, Jack! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great knives everyone. For me it's been my rosewood keeping me company for the past couple of days.
On my walk yesterday.
LG0zXEn.jpg

Resplendent pic, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack Redux:
cj.pile.closed.rock.jpg

- GT

Back