Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good evening Guardians, Hope everyone has a good weekend. Been a very stressful week over here for those poor souls affected by the bush fires which have ravaged 2 states. Bit different to the snow, rain and freezing temps. you are experiencing in the northern hemisphere. Just about to have lunch, Jack Black Jack Black thought this may cheer you up. A wholemeal vegetable pastie from a bakery near me, and let me tell you, they are good my friend. Everyone take care and have a safe weekend.;)
jGuFCYr.jpg

Good evening Guardians, Hope everyone has a good weekend. Been a very stressful week over here for those poor souls affected by the bush fires which have ravaged 2 states. Bit different to the snow, rain and freezing temps. you are experiencing in the northern hemisphere. Just about to have lunch, Jack Black Jack Black thought this may cheer you up. A wholemeal vegetable pastie from a bakery near me, and let me tell you, they are good my friend. Everyone take care and have a safe weekend.;)
jGuFCYr.jpg
That looks like the calzones we had tonight--except we had meat in them. Looks good! And beautiful jigging on that bone. :thumbsup:

That looks like the calzones we had tonight--except we had meat in them. Looks good! And beautiful jigging on that bone. :thumbsup:
It is one of my knives that i use a lot. The scales have smoothed out beautifully, not that they were rough to start with, but just feel really great in the hand now. So glad i was able to get one, thanks to those involved. Will give an update on it next week.

Thanks Jack, as you know from experience both the scotch and the knife are classics. I like the "arrow" pointing towards your HHB.;):thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, that's a 'Broad Arrow' atop one of the cannons at the Royal Armouries museum here :thumbsup:

jGuFCYr.jpg

A very bad do mate, I guess it's still early in the season too :( That looks very tasty, and a great Lambsfoot of course :) Hope you have a great weekend :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone has survived the week. I'm just 'on hold' with my dentist, as I had a small crown drop out last night, so I'm hoping to get in and get it fixed. Got my pal coming round for a coffee this morning, but I have plenty of work to do too. Hoping to get the work done, and have my tooth fixed before the weekend. Have a good Friday folks :) I'm carrying my Unity Lambsfoot today :thumbsup:

1n51suu.jpg

Nice scales on your MM lamb foot. I like your HHB too. Had to send my MM back to Sheffield from here in NC. Finish was nice but the Fit was bad....very bad. I am giving them another chance to sort my knife but we'll see. Looks like yours turned out OK.

Thanks Bill, I'm sad what happened to your MM, but with mine there were no problems, the cherry wood is awesome.

Good Morning Guardians
I'm soooo happy it's Friday. It's been a busy week and I'm looking forward to a little down-time.

Nice to see that patina coming on John, hope you have a restful weekend :)

Great pics Dan :cool: :thumbsup:

This was certainly the most unusual find I had yesterday - A presentation gold-plated Eclipse Junior Hacksaw! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

pcz7tjj.jpg

James Neill & Co (James Neill Tools) started off making crucible steel, but were once the biggest small tool manufacturer in the world, outside the USA. They were probably best known for their Eclipse hacksaws and distinctive blue hacksaw blades, but were on their last legs by 1989.

arhrfFC.jpg

A number of my relatives worked for Neill's over the years, including my grandmother, mother, uncle, and my father, who was a machine-tool fitter for the firm for 30 years. My mother and father actually met on a work's night out. My dad would certainly have had a good chuckle at a gold-plated hacksaw. I don't know who they were made for, but it's more than he ever got from the company :rolleyes:

This was certainly the most unusual find I had yesterday - A presentation gold-plated Eclipse Junior Hacksaw! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

pcz7tjj.jpg

James Neill & Co (James Neill Tools) started off making crucible steel, but were once the biggest small tool manufacturer in the world, outside the USA. They were probably best known for their Eclipse hacksaws and distinctive blue hacksaw blades, but were on their last legs by 1989.
That is bizarre.
This isn't:
IYFtCgI.jpg

Pretty weak segue, I admit.

Beautiful specimen, Jack.

By the way, when is the next meeting of the Grumpy Old Mens Club? I'm sure I'm a member--based on things my wife says--but I don't remember paying dues!
:curmudgeon:

You should submit a written complaint about that Vince ;) :D :thumbsup:

My regional office is situated here ;)

5wSrp4j.jpg

Good morning!

Carrying Harley again today. Here is the flip (darker) side from yesterday's photo op. :)

IMG-1614.jpg

Fantastic, love the look of that patina :cool: :thumbsup:

That is bizarre.
This isn't:
IYFtCgI.jpg

Pretty weak segue, I admit.

Maybe it was intended for Liberace's tool-box? :D ;) Old Toffee Wings is looking good Jer :thumbsup:

Standard with Rosewood covers marketed by Jack Adams.

hDzEa9c.jpg

The sheath sent with the standard by the German dealer I purchased the knife from. Very nice. He had three of these knives with sheath. I wish I'd bought them all.

6zNyH8y.jpg

Looks good Ed, that sheath is a nice touch :thumbsup:

Back